recent B2B discounts

macsford

We have booked directly with Celebrity in the UK , B2B for May 2018 Alaska. I spoke to the agent today and requested the B2B discount which I believe to be $50 for each cruise. I think I have seen posts from the UK as well as USA about this.

She tried to help and spoke to her manager who offered only £32 on the second cruise, nothing on the first.

This £32 represents an exchange rate of $1.56 to the £ (I wish !.....the tourist rate is around $1.32 so it really equates to a total of just over $42).

When I quoted posts on CC she said that it no longer applies and the £32 is all they can offer. Also they will not refer to $s. It's not much money in terms of the whole trip but I would of course like to be offered what I believe to be the same as others.

Can anyone quote a recent experience with a B2B discount, please? Thank you in advance.

4 and 11 day B2B starting next week. Was told the 4 day was too short but the 11 day gave us $100 discount for the cabin.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I just found out about this.I'm on the same cruises as Paulras and got the same discount. Called my TA who linked the reservations, contacted X, and got the discount. $100 was refunded to our CC in a few days.

It is annoying that the same offers are not always available outside the US. However, I have to say that my TA had never heard of it, and had to check with X. Once again, my fellow cruisers often know more than the professionals. :cool:

I just found out about this.I'm on the same cruises as Paulras and got the same discount. Called my TA who linked the reservations, contacted X, and got the discount. $100 was refunded to our CC in a few days.

It is annoying that the same offers are not always available outside the US. However, I have to say that my TA had never heard of it, and had to check with X. Once again, my fellow cruisers often know more than the professionals. :cool:

Right on! Never hurts to ask.

This is one of the reasons that cruise critic is so valuable with information that even TA's "didn't know about". While you had to ask for the discount, this information is readily available here and on other sites!

Hal

This is one of the reasons that cruise critic is so valuable with information that even TA's "didn't know about". While you had to ask for the discount, this information is readily available here and on other sites!

Hal

I agree! I had no idea when we booked that Celebrity offered a b2b discount until I read it on CC. We had booked the Silhouette doing a 9 day then a 12 day. I called our TA and they contacted Celebrity. Celebrity told our TA they gave it to us automatically. I had to ask the TA to send us the receipt from Celebrity and there it was. Our TA did not subtract it from their records so had to call back and get it taken care of.

We booked through a large online TA and they were clueless about the discount.

Make sure you ask about it!

We have booked directly with Celebrity in the UK , B2B for May 2018 Alaska. I spoke to the agent today and requested the B2B discount which I believe to be $50 for each cruise. I think I have seen posts from the UK as well as USA about this.

She tried to help and spoke to her manager who offered only £32 on the second cruise, nothing on the first.

Can anyone quote a recent experience with a B2B discount, please? Thank you in advance.

Today I have spoken to Captains Club as suggested and £32 per cruise will be credited.

Thank you to all who replied.

This £32 represents an exchange rate of $1.56 to the £ (I wish !.....the tourist rate is around $1.32 so it really equates to a total of just over $42).

When I quoted posts on CC she said that it no longer applies and the £32 is all they can offer. Also they will not refer to $s. It's not much money in terms of the whole trip but I would of course like to be offered what I believe to be the same as others.

We booked through Celebrity UK very recently. First a 10 day followed by an 11 day. We received £64 B2B discount for both of us, not each. The agent told DW that this had been incresed due to us being Elite. I do not believe this to be true though because I have never heard of such a thing and would imagine it would apply to apply regardless of Captains Club status. Unless something has changed recently. Sadly I was on another call when she made the booking or I would have asked.

We booked through Celebrity UK very recently. First a 10 day followed by an 11 day. We received £64 B2B discount for both of us, not each. The agent told DW that this had been incresed due to us being Elite. I do not believe this to be true though because I have never heard of such a thing and would imagine it would apply to apply regardless of Captains Club status. Unless something has changed recently. Sadly I was on another call when she made the booking or I would have asked.

You are right, this is regardless of Captains Club status. We eventually got the £32 per cruise for both , not each and we are not yet Elite. 8 days plus 7 days.

I think our American friends may get more for cruises the length of yours so it might be worth querying that.

If you use the number 01932 834300 from UK you will get a Captains Club option. The person I spoke to there was well informed about it, unlike the other departments.

Apparently it will take up to 30 days for my new invoice to be sent. I will check then.

You are right, this is regardless of Captains Club status. We eventually got the £32 per cruise for both , not each and we are not yet Elite. 8 days plus 7 days.

I think our American friends may get more for cruises the length of yours so it might be worth querying that.

If you use the number 01932 834300 from UK you will get a Captains Club option. The person I spoke to there was well informed about it, unlike the other departments.

Apparently it will take up to 30 days for my new invoice to be sent. I will check then.

There are quite a few differences between a Brit choosing to book in the UK or the US. Both have pros and cons. If all of these differences were documented here you see the longest ever post on Cruise Critic. :)

These two were a much better deal than booking in the US despite the lower B2B discount. Always treat every single trip on its own merits.