Rome Transfers

pilotswifey

Any suggestions on Rome Transfers? I need to book from FCO to a hotel in Rome, then Rome to the port, then port to FCO. I was going to do Aloschi Bros, which is a partner of Royal Caribbean. We have 4 people and bags so need at least a van. Wondering if there is a reputable company that is a little less expensive. They are asking $275 for transfers to and from port and $143 from FCO to hotel. Thanks!

Rome Cabs was about 120 euros a while back. We took them from airport to hotel near Vatican, hotel to ship, and ship to airport. In our case large Mercedes town car. Drivers spoke excellent English on two legs, not quite as well on third (you can pay extra for tour-type transfer but we didn't and got tour guides anyway). When we got off the ship at 6:30 the driver was right there ready for us. Nice folks that we would use again in a heartbeat.

Rome Cabs was about 120 euros a while back. We took them from airport to hotel near Vatican, hotel to ship, and ship to airport. In our case large Mercedes town car. Drivers spoke excellent English on two legs, not quite as well on third (you can pay extra for tour-type transfer but we didn't and got tour guides anyway). When we got off the ship at 6:30 the driver was right there ready for us. Nice folks that we would use again in a heartbeat.

We also have used Rome Cabs twice when cruising from Rome. Very pleased with the service from Rome Cabs.

One time three couples from our roll call shared transport from Rome to the port. All three of us were staying at different hotels and Rome Cabs picked us up at each hotel and delivered us to the port.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

We have used Zellit Limousine every time we have taken a cruise from Civitavechia, which is many many times, in fact we have just disembarked Jewel yesterday and they brought us here to our hotel in Rome and will be taking us back to the airport tomorrow. 110 Euros Airport to Civi, 110 Euros Civi to Rome hotel and 55 Euros Rome hotel back to airport tomorrow. Very efficient and always arrive 10 mins earlier than reserved. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Any suggestions on Rome Transfers? I need to book from FCO to a hotel in Rome, then Rome to the port, then port to FCO. I was going to do Aloschi Bros, which is a partner of Royal Caribbean. We have 4 people and bags so need at least a van. Wondering if there is a reputable company that is a little less expensive. They are asking $275 for transfers to and from port and $143 from FCO to hotel. Thanks!

We were extremely happy with Rome Cabs. Used them 5 years ago and they provided an excellent service. From the airport to our hotel, the hotel to the port and then from the port back to the airport. They were on time, polite and the cars were clean. The driver from the hotel to the port even gave us a bit of a tour. I would certainly use them again.

Do all the transfer companies drop you at the ship, or at the entrance? We have someone in our party that has mobility issues. I read somewhere that only certain companies have authorization to take you straight to the ship. Is that true, and if so who provides that service?

Thanks

Do all the transfer companies drop you at the ship, or at the entrance? We have someone in our party that has mobility issues. I read somewhere that only certain companies have authorization to take you straight to the ship. Is that true, and if so who provides that service?

Thanks

Most if not all of the companies frequently recommended here drop you at the ship. Many others that are recommended elsewhere also drop you at the ship. (CC definitely has its favorites....) If in doubt, simply ask when you are ready to book.

I've used a shared shuttle (romashuttle.com), much cheaper than some recommended here and yes, they also drop you at the ship.

We have used Zellit Limousine every time we have taken a cruise from Civitavechia, which is many many times, in fact we have just disembarked Jewel yesterday and they brought us here to our hotel in Rome and will be taking us back to the airport tomorrow. 110 Euros Airport to Civi, 110 Euros Civi to Rome hotel and 55 Euros Rome hotel back to airport tomorrow. Very efficient and always arrive 10 mins earlier than reserved. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Hi Pencruise,

We are looking for a company to take us from Rome Airport to Civitavecchia, can I ask you how often you have used Zelit Limousine, because I can't find any reviews on the company. Did you pay the driver when he picked you up?

Hope you enjoyed your trip on Jewel we are on Westbound TA in November and Eastbound TA in May 2018.

Thanks for any help on this

14€ is the tourist train. I think the regular train is 5€. Plenty of room for baggage both FCO -> Termini and Termini -> Civitavecchia. The civitavecchia train station is a walk from the cruise port, but as I recall it was an easy walk and so short it certainly didn't make sense to transfer to a bus or find a taxi.

We have used and were very satisfied with www.civitavecchiacabservice.com.

Airport to hotel in Rome, then, the day of the cruise, to port, after the cruise back to hotel in Rome, and to the airport.

Every time they were earlier, and their prices are very competitive. Highly recommended :D

We have also used them twice and were very happy with their service. They didn't even want a deposit. They arrived on time and drove well - we've experienced some terrifying driving with other companies.

We used a shared shuttle on arrival at the airport and it was easy and incredibly cheap - €29 euros in total, door to door. We were with another couple from Australia who we waited a short time for, but it wasn't a problem. Comfortable vehicle and helpful friendly driver who pointed out the sights on the way through the city.

We shared a vehicle with two lovely CC people to get to the port, and again it was seamless, picking us up first and then them from their hotel.

Can thoroughly recommend.