Bottled Water Package?

ccndfw

Brands vary by region; in the Caribbean last season it was Crystal Geyser Spring Water.

(Commence debate on spring water vs. purified water)

Individual bottles are around $2 each so 12 for $6 is a 75% savings. Package can only be ordered in advance through the Cruise Personalizer, it is not sold onboard.

The water is delivered to your stateroom on the first day of the cruise. I think the answer to your question is no.

I believe you are right. All my water (two packages ) was delivered at once. I was able to store it in the draws next to the beds.

Edited by geocruiser

We had purchased one package but our dinner tablemates who ordered two said that they were both delivered at once: twenty four loose bottles at room temperature. If you want them cold as soon as possible call room service as soon as you reach your cabin (where you will find a voucher for however many packages you ordered) so you can put however many you can fit into your fridge upon delivery.

Thanks for the info. When I ordered one package last cruise it was delivered the first day (not loose, in a shrink wrapped 12-pack IIRC). I still think that I'll order two or three packages and just figure out where to keep them. My wife and I drink A LOT of water!. :o)

You can also buy your own and just put a luggage tag on it and it will be delivered to your room. Have done this several times in the past. We also do that with soda since I am a Pepsi drinker not Coke.

Does anyone know what brand the water is in the bottled water package? Also, if we don't buy that package, how much is a single bottle of water on board?
i bought the water package on my last cruise on the Crown this past April. The price is no more than what you would pay at a grocery store and my bottles where in my room upon arrival and had been taken out of the shrink wrap. Prior to the water package being offered I would buy a liter from any of the bars for my cabin, however the smaller bottles are so much more convenient for taking off ship, etc.

Does anyone know what brand the water is in the bottled water package? Also, if we don't buy that package, how much is a single bottle of water on board?
i bought the water package on my last cruise on the Crown this past April. The price is no more than what you would pay at a grocery store and my bottles where in my room upon arrival and had been taken out of the shrink wrap. Prior to the water package being offered I would buy a liter from any of the bars for my cabin, however the smaller bottles are so much more convenient for taking off ship, etc.

You can also buy your own and just put a luggage tag on it and it will be delivered to your room. Have done this several times in the past. We also do that with soda since I am a Pepsi drinker not Coke.

That is true. I have also witnessed others carrying these items past security. But I still find it more practical to pre-order orline the bottled water on the website.

Thanks for the info. Do you know whether, if I order thee, I can get them delivered one at a time? Thanks.

We ordered two water packages online before boarding the Regal back in April. Upon embarkation, there were two vouchers in our room which stated that we would need to call room service to redeem for the water packages. We had the option of tendering one card at a time or tendering both and receiving both packages at one time.

However, on the Grand last week, we had pre-ordered 3 water packages and had no voucher in our room, so I went to passenger services to inquire , and they informed me that the Grand doesn't use the voucher system and that all three water packages would be automatically delivered to our stateroom at one time. We would have preferred one 12-pack at a time due to space limitations. LOL

On the Grand they put12 bottles to a tray and shrink wrapped each tray and stacked three trays on top of one another

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

Brands vary by region; in the Caribbean last season it was Crystal Geyser Spring Water.

On the Ruby this month, for the west coast cruises, the water package was Crystal Geyser.

Does anyone know if it is Sping water or purified water?

Crystal Geyser is spring water:

"Our water is really natural spring water, we do not bottle municipal water. All our plants are built right at the spring sources".

http://www.crystalgeyserasw.com/faq.html

Searching for Dasani it's filtered municipal water.

Edited by Astro Flyer

(Commence debate on spring water vs. purified water)

Individual bottles are around $2 each so 12 for $6 is a 75% savings. Package can only be ordered in advance through the Cruise Personalizer, it is not sold onboard.

And they've stopped offering it on Aussie cruises.

We put them on the shelf in the closet next to the life jackets. The ship water isn't bad either....it's all purified.

We use refillable plastic Brita wide mouthed 20 oz bottles that have a small replaceable filter & they're easy to add ice to instantly have cold water.

Although for our next cruise we may order the 12 half liter bottles for $6.90 (tip included) for additional water while in port.

Edited by Astro Flyer

The water in bottles is the same as water out of your tap...it's ALL H2O....there is no bacteria in the water...it's fine. DO NOT PAY for water...it's ample and included and it's fine. Your food, ice and beverages is made with ship's water. Probably better than what you get from your faucet at home....

The water in bottles is the same as water out of your tap...it's ALL H2O....there is no bacteria in the water...it's fine. DO NOT PAY for water...it's ample and included and it's fine. Your food, ice and beverages is made with ship's water. Probably better than what you get from your faucet at home....

We toted 2-3 bottles EACH every day to our excursions this week due to 95 temps with 95 humidity. How would we have toted ship's water with us? Just curious.

We need the 2-3 bottles apiece while in port and with 95 heat and 95 humidity in Mexico and even that didn't seem like enough water

On the Grand I ordered 3 and we used almost all of it. It was not in our room, I asked and Steward said it would be delivered by Room Service. It was there after muster all 3 packs. Delivered saran wrapped on trays (bottles laying on sides) luckily they fit under bed otherwise don't know where we would of put them. Mexico was very hot and humid glad we had the water.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Forums mobile app