Stockholder credit

13cheermom

Would not wait that long last time they lost mine.

Oh no that would be my luck. I wouldn’t wait that close but figured a month or so would be good. Thought I had read previously that you can’t submit it too soon though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We submitted ab a week ago, with a listing of all our bookings through the end of the year (9). They posted ALL of them with the credits a few days later. Nice surprise :D

Oh wow, that was nice. They must be handling it differently now. But it makes sense to go ahead and document them all at one time. That’s quite a bit of savings in a year [emoji16]

My PVP told me to submit anytime after final payment date.

So I didn't realize it needed to be after final payment date though, :confused:. Don't use a PVP anymore since ours left the company, now we have to take care of all of this on our own. I guess she did come in handy at times, lol.

So what is the minimum amount of rime to successfully submit stockholder credit and have it posted to your sail & sign account onboard?

I sent one in 3 days before a cruise and it was successful. According to my PVP, max time is 6 months prior to the cruise.

You no longer need to wait until after final payment.

You can do it anytime after you book your cruise.

Many excurions are booked full long before the sail date, so this is a nice consideration that allows shareholders to book early and use their OBC to pay part or all of the excursion cost.

So I didn't realize it needed to be after final payment date though, :confused:. Don't use a PVP anymore since ours left the company, now we have to take care of all of this on our own. I guess she did come in handy at times, lol.

I submitted two at the same time, figuring that they'd not honor the second one, as it's not until September, and it has not yet had the final payment. Much to my surprise, and delight, they honored, and posted both of them. THANKS CARNIVAL.

I submitted two at the same time, figuring that they'd not honor the second one, as it's not until September, and it has not yet had the final payment. Much to my surprise, and delight, they honored, and posted both of them. THANKS CARNIVAL.

We have heard that as long as you have the booking number they will accept it. Posted one 16 months out and they took it

This is a change in policy as is the ability to use OBC for excursions before you are on board the ship. We knew that Princess(also part of the Carnival corp) was doing this but didn't realize that the Carnival ships were also accepting this before final payment.

Have already sent it in for our December cruise on Princess and now will send it in for our April cruise on Carnival too!

What happens if you sell the carnival stock in the meanwhile, after they have posted it to your acct, before the cruise ?

Has anyone ever done that and can report their experience ?

Not that we would try to do something underhanded. But, we sometimes have covered calls on different stocks that we own. We had the opportunity to do a great covered call before our last cruise, but didn't because we were worried that the stock might get bought right before the cruise.

What happens if you sell the carnival stock in the meanwhile, after they have posted it to your acct, before the cruise ?

Has anyone ever done that and can report their experience ?

Not that we would try to do something underhanded. But, we sometimes have covered calls on different stocks that we own. We had the opportunity to do a great covered call before our last cruise, but didn't because we were worried that the stock might get bought right before the cruise.

Since the only access they have to information about your portfolio is what you provide them, if you send your paperwork in and then sell the stock prior to the cruise, they wouldn't have a clue and you would get your OBC. To me, doing that would be theft and if someone sold their stock before their cruise they should notify Carnival to let them know to remove the OBC.

Since the only access they have to information about your portfolio is what you provide them, if you send your paperwork in and then sell the stock prior to the cruise, they wouldn't have a clue and you would get your OBC. To me, doing that would be theft and if someone sold their stock before their cruise they should notify Carnival to let them know to remove the OBC.

Do you really think people would notify Carnival to tell them that? Human nature says the vast majority would not.

Do you really think people would notify Carnival to tell them that? Human nature says the vast majority would not.

If they have integrity, yes. If not, no. I don't think human nature has anything to do with it, I just think it's the times. IMO, people were much more honest 50 years ago than now. These days many, if not most people only care about themselves and what they can get for nothing and will lie through their teeth to get it but that is just my opinion.

If they have integrity, yes. If not, no. I don't think human nature has anything to do with it, I just think it's the times. IMO, people were much more honest 50 years ago than now. These days many, if not most people only care about themselves and what they can get for nothing and will lie through their teeth to get it but that is just my opinion.

Have no intention of selling our stock but if we were ever in that situation would enjoy the obc one last time.

I have to tell my parents about this. They cruise Holland America a lot. Just with the cruises they have booked for the next year they would effectively be getting 30% or more of the purchase price back. Talk about an great untaxable return!