Same cabin on back to back

contessa1

I am booked on a back to back In April. I requested the same cabin for both legs of the cruise and was told that the request would be noted on my reservation however I have been assigned 2 different cabins. When contacting the Captain’s Club rep who was extremely helpful but apparently could not change my cabin without a significant increase in price as the cabins assigned were 2 different categories.

In the past we have done back to backs and never had a problem securing the same cabin for both cruises.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

I am booked on a back to back In April. I requested the same cabin for both legs of the cruise and was told that the request would be noted on my reservation however I have been assigned 2 different cabins. When contacting the Captain’s Club rep who was extremely helpful but apparently could not change my cabin without a significant increase in price as the cabins assigned were 2 different categories.

In the past we have done back to backs and never had a problem securing the same cabin for both cruises.

The cabins will have been assigned at the time of booking so I assume you were aware that you will need to move cabins, is the lower cat cabin available for both legs?

However do not worry, the stewards are very good at moving B2B guests.

They just take all the drawers to the new cabin swap them over. They also use the trolly used in hotels so just

put your clothes on them etc.

We did this on the Equinox a few years ago, we were in our new cabin by 9.30.

Best $20 I ever spent.

Have a good cruise

It sounds like you booked guarantees?

When we have booked back to back, they ARE two separate cruises, we did a fair bit of research picking the cabins. I had to find one available for both cruises as Wifey wanted the same one, I wanted a little variety. As you might guess we kept the same one....

If you booked two different categories of staterooms, how would you keep the same room? Did you book guarantees?

When we book B2B we always check both cruises to see which has the same cabins available for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you booked two different categories of staterooms, how would you keep the same room? Did you book guarantees?

I seriously doubt that the OP booked two different categories for each leg. I believe what happened is that the OP booked the same category guarantee for both legs, and then was upgraded on just one when the cabins were assigned, thus producing the situation where the OP is in one category on one leg and a different category in the other leg of the B2B.

I've booked several B2Bs. If it's important to me to remain in the same cabin, I book that specific cabin for both legs. You cannot achieve this by booking guarantee cabins. But, as others have stated, moving is not that big a deal. I've done that too if I added a leg at the last minute or if a more interesting cabin became available on another leg. Although I've never had the steward remove the drawers. That would only work if you were going to the same type of cabin.

If you booked two different categories or guarantees your TA should have made you aware this would happen when you were setting up the B2B cruise bookings.

Have moved cabins on B2Bs and the cabin attendant or butler moved the hanging clothes. Clothing in drawers, toiletries & anything else had to be put in the suitcases by us and the the attendant moved the suitcases along with the hanging clothes.

The cabins will have been assigned at the time of booking so I assume you were aware that you will need to move cabins, is the lower cat cabin available for both legs?

However do not worry, the stewards are very good at moving B2B guests.

They just take all the drawers to the new cabin swap them over. They also use the trolly used in hotels so just

put your clothes on them etc.

We did this on the Equinox a few years ago, we were in our new cabin by 9.30.

Best $20 I ever spent.

Have a good cruise

You can always take the drawers and sometimes a trolley is not available. Most of my B2Bs required me to put items in the drawer in my suitcase. There are some cabins on some ships where they need to remove the clothes rack from the closet. Most of the time it is very easy if you let them do it. However, my DW likes to be there when we move as we've experienced some lost items when allowing them to move us without being there. Our next cruise and the one that follows are B2B and fortunately we could get the same cabin.

we have back to back next year but could not get same suite , so we have a celebrity suite 6104 on 1st leg then a sky suite next door at 6102 so not much of a move

Keep checking the 6104 may free up for the second leg

Keep checking the 6104 may free up for the second leg

My second leg is a music charter , suites sold out As soon as they went on sale, and cruise is non refundable . We tried to get a celebrity suite and they were sold out

Moral of your story, OP- if having the same cabin is that important to you, don't book guarantees. Pay a bit more and book the specific cabin. But you'll also likely have to book early. On our last B2B we booked a year out and still couldn't get the same cabin in our preferred category. This year we booked 11 months out and got the very last cabin available in our category for both legs. And it was no where near the area if the ship that I wanted.

There's not much you can do about it now. It's not like they'll boot someone out if their cabin so you can have it.

we have back to back next year but could not get same suite , so we have a celebrity suite 6104 on 1st leg then a sky suite next door at 6102 so not much of a move

I once tacked a short cruise on in front of another I had already booked. Very last minute. Got the inside across from the CC I had booked for the longer cruise. Same cabin steward. He told me to wait until he had cleaned the new cabin. Then we just handed the stuff to each other across the hall. Took all of 5 minutes.

I once tacked a short cruise on in front of another I had already booked. Very last minute. Got the inside across from the CC I had booked for the longer cruise. Same cabin steward. He told me to wait until he had cleaned the new cabin. Then we just handed the stuff to each other across the hall. Took all of 5 minutes.

I bet we will be able to do the same , still a year to go , thanks for info .

I bet we will be able to do the same , still a year to go , thanks for info .

Just make sure all your hanging clothes are on wire hangers (steward can provide them). Those stupid wood hangers with points which have to fit in slots would make the transfer very difficult. They should all be made to walk the plank! (the hangers, not the stewards)

Also, I had some of those collapsible fabric bins with me. Just put all my toiletries in those and passed them across. I always tuck a few of those in the front pocket of my suitcase. On S class, they work well in the over-the-bed storage areas. I just find them useful for keeping things together.

For those of you who are seasoned B2B cruisers, may I ask a question or two... I just added a cruise onto the cruise I booked last year. We are sailing on the Equinox in June and will need to switch cabins. This will be our first B2B. Can you tell us a little bit about the process? Will we be required to leave the ship and wait with all the new guests arriving or will we be able to stay on the ship? Also, will our cabin be available earlier than 1:30? From what I am gathering, it sounds like we will, which would be a nice perk. Thanks for any insight you can provide.

For those of you who are seasoned B2B cruisers, may I ask a question or two... I just added a cruise onto the cruise I booked last year. We are sailing on the Equinox in June and will need to switch cabins. This will be our first B2B. Can you tell us a little bit about the process? Will we be required to leave the ship and wait with all the new guests arriving or will we be able to stay on the ship? Also, will our cabin be available earlier than 1:30? From what I am gathering, it sounds like we will, which would be a nice perk. Thanks for any insight you can provide.

The process may depend on the Port. generally you have a choice to either get off the ship and tour, or just take a walk. When you are ready to re board the ship you go past the lines and go through screening. There are times when you need to go to a designated area to pick up your new Seapass card. If you stay on the ship you might be directed to a meeting point to pick up your new Seapass card. You may also need to go through a Customs and Immigration line. You will receive complete details in your cabin prior to the changeover. As I said the process may differ in different ports. They want you to leave your cabin, but there are ways to stay.

If your turn around day is not in the USA (our last time it was in Italy) you will most likely not be required to leave the ship (although you would be allowed to come and go as you please).

Regarding getting off the ship, it depends on which country you have your turn-around day. If it is a US Port, you will have to get off the ship...whether it be to go ashore for the day or to just wait in the holding area until the ship is cleared and you are allowed to reboard (this can take anywhere from about 30 min to hours).

As to your cabin, your steward will assist you in moving (this will be done before you leave the ship) in the morning. They usually bring a large luggage cart which can handle all your hanging items....and everything else should be tossed into your luggage for the move. When we most recently did this on the Silhouette we did have immediate access to our new cabin, but it had not been completely cleaned at time we moved our stuff (including are valuables which we transferred to our new cabin safe). Once our stuff was moved we simply left the ship for most of the day. You will also be advised when (and where) to pick up your new cabin key/card.

Hank

If our OP is concerned about the B2B process they should use the Cruise Critic search function. Through the years a number of posters have described in great detail the events on their turnaround day. The last five years we have only done B2B, B2B2B and then one B2B2B2B cruise series. There can be some variation in the process but the B2B passengers will receive a succinct instruction letter prior to turnaround day. And moving staterooms is a very simple process too.

The turnaround day procedure can vary from port to port and from one cruise to another. Sometimes it will vary even for the same ship at the same port.

You may or may not be required to leave the ship.

Near the end of the first cruise, you will receive a packet with instructions for your turnaround day procedure.

It will tell you when and where to appear for a meeting with the other B2B passengers, if they are having a meeting.

The packet may or may not include your new seapass card for the next cruise. It may contain the transit pass to use in the port on the turnaround day, or you may not receive the transit pass or new seapass card until later.

For some ports, you clear immigration in advance so there is no need to do it on the turnaround day. At other times, you may need to leave the ship to meet with the immigration officials, or they may come on board to meet with you right on the ship.

What has always been constant is that we have always been issued a new seapass card and a new onboard account for the next cruise.

They close out the old accounts at the end of the first cruise (regardless of whether or not you are changing cabins).

What varies is when and where we receive the new seapass cards.

Sometimes we received them in the packet in our stateroom in advance, sometimes at the meeting of back-to-back passengers, sometimes on the turnaround day before leaving the ship, and sometimes not until after we were off the ship, before re-boarding.

Basically, on the turnaround day you always punch out with your old card and then punch back in with your new card, but how, when and where that occurs can vary.

On some cruises, they handle the procedures right on board and you do not need to get off the ship at all.

Our onboard account was always closed out at the end of the first cruise, so charges or credits or internet time won't carry over.

On our most recent cruises, we have not needed to register our credit cards with them again for the following cruise as they automatically used the same credit cards again for the next cruise, unless you told them otherwise.

The transit pass they give you permits you to come and go freely throughout the day, leaving the ship and returning as you wish, and yes, you do get to re-board before the new passengers who are just arriving and checking in for the first time.

The new cabins for B2B passengers are usually available early, but even that is not consistent.

For example, on turnaround days when they needed to do a deep cleaning of the ship, all passengers were required to get off and we were not allowed back on for several hours.

If you need to change cabins, it is really no big deal, as others have pointed out. Different passengers find different ways of doing it that work best for them.

As for us, we ask our stateroom attendant for plastic bags.

Then we dump the contents of each shelf or drawer into its own separate bag and place the bag into a suitcase.

That way, we can just unload each bag directly to the corresponding shelf or drawer at our new cabin, and all the things that we want to keep together stay together.

(We can't count on always being able to swap out the drawers as they are not always interchangeable.)

We toss all our shoes into one big plastic bag that rides on the trolley, along with the clothing on hangers, so we never need to pack shoes at all.

We keep as much clothing as possible on hangers, to minimize the amount of stuff we need to pack.

You will soon figure out your own unique "changing cabins" routine that works best for you.

Enjoy your B2B.