how do you tip extra in club class?

pris993

Why do you need to.

And

How is it any different than having ATD.

If you want to tip someone tip them at the time, but in my opinion if they serve me once they'd have to do something pretty spectacular to deserve extra tips. In which case I'd give it to them there and then, or ask to have them every night thereafter.

It's no different from tipping in Anytime Dining - not necessary to tip extra if you don't have the same wait staff each night. We usually DO have the same wait staff for most of a cruise - once we find a team we're happy with, we request their section each night and are almost always accommodated. From what I've read, you can pretty much do the same thing in CC dining. Assuming the service is great (as it usually is) we then tip them extra on the last night just as we would in traditional dining.

Why tip?You paid enough to get this new service.

long cruiser

I suppose people consider the extra special service might warrant something extra similar to eating in a Specialty restaurant. Not that I would consider Cabin Class. To me it's just not worth the money.

I rather assumed that there would be a higher auto rate tipping charge for Club class cabins.

Prior to January 2016 the rate was $11.50 for balcony/oceanview and interior and $12 for mini-suites and suites.

This was increased in January 2016 to $12.95 and $13.95 respectively

Subsequently, in November 2016, they not only increased this again, but they also introduced different rates for suites and club class/mini-suites.

As a result club class / mini-suites pay a higher daily rate ($14.50) than balcony/oceanview/interior (who all pay the same $13.50 and get the same level of service) and suites now pay a higher daily rate ($15.50) than mini-suites.

OK, a 30% rise over 12 months for suite passengers does seem somewhat excessive, but it has to be said that they do receive an enhanced service compared with mini-suite passengers and it was therefore perhaps only reasonable that Princess should introduce a differential rate.

On the same basis, Club class clients now get an enhanced service compared with standard mini-suite passengers and so it is perhaps not unreasonable that Princess should recognise this and apply a higher rate of auto gratuities to these cabins.

Perhaps they already had it in mind when they introduced the differential between the rate of suite gratuities and mini-suite gratuities last November.

Indeed creating the space for this extra tier and would go a long way to explaining why, between December 2015 and December 2016, Princess felt the need to make made something like a 30% increase in the auto tip rate for suite passengers (up from $12 per day to $15.50 per day)

Seems like a no brainer to me. Introduce a new level of auto tipping for club class mini-suites to give rates of:

$13.50 for balcony / oceanview and interior

$14.50 for mini-suites

$15.00 for club class mini-suites

and

$15.50 for full suites.

When we were on the Grand a few weeks ago and we had the same wait staff in Club Class every night. Not sure if it was planned that way, but even when we were seated at different tables we still had the same folks waiting on us. We did not leave extra, we only used Club Class about 3 or 4 times in 10 days, we liked it a lot, but with so many other options, we can only eat at so many places. We normally do extra tip our room steward, but not this time, not sure what his issues were, but hopefully someone will take some time and see if he was overworked or new, or old. Not sure.

When we were on the Grand a few weeks ago and we had the same wait staff in Club Class every night. Not sure if it was planned that way, but even when we were seated at different tables we still had the same folks waiting on us. We did not leave extra, we only used Club Class about 3 or 4 times in 10 days, we liked it a lot, but with so many other options, we can only eat at so many places. We normally do extra tip our room steward, but not this time, not sure what his issues were, but hopefully someone will take some time and see if he was overworked or new, or old. Not sure.

Seems like a waste of money to go Club Class & only use it a few times.

Dining - If you feel you need to provide an extra tip just bring it along on the last evening and hand it to whatever waiters you like.

If you want to tip the cabin steward, just hand it to him/her on the last evening.

We always place extra tips in an envelope with a short note.

I haven't cruised club class, but when I did want to leave extra tips for someone, I just put a few folded bills under my plate as I was leaving.

This has just come up in another thread, but here goes…it's strictly against the rules for a waiter to pocket the tip you left. Procedure is that you hand him the tip in an envelope with his name and your cabin number on it, he hands it in to the higher-ups, and if you haven't removed auto-tip, gets it back at the end of the cruise. Otherwise he's supposed to put in the general tip pool. Or else he gets disciplined. (Keel-hauling, I think.)

You might argue that he probably will get away with just pocketing your tip. But given the traffic in the dining room, it's a gamble. And, of course, if the assistant waiter clears your table and you wanted to tip the chief waiter….

I haven't cruised club class, but when I did want to leave extra tips for someone, I just put a few folded bills under my plate as I was leaving.

Why would you hide money under a plate, whats next a dead letter box.

God sake.:)

Its like espionage, lol.

This has just come up in another thread, but here goes…it's strictly against the rules for a waiter to pocket the tip you left. Procedure is that you hand him the tip in an envelope with his name and your cabin number on it, he hands it in to the higher-ups, and if you haven't removed auto-tip, gets it back at the end of the cruise. Otherwise he's supposed to put in the general tip pool. Or else he gets disciplined. (Keel-hauling, I think.)

You might argue that he probably will get away with just pocketing your tip. But given the traffic in the dining room, it's a gamble. And, of course, if the assistant waiter clears your table and you wanted to tip the chief waiter….

Honestly, I don't care what happens to tip after I leave it. To me, it is similar to tithing. I give the money with an intention. What people choose to do with afterward is their business. My part of the transaction is done.

Honestly, I don't care what happens to tip after I leave it. To me, it is similar to tithing. I give the money with an intention. What people choose to do with afterward is their business. My part of the transaction is done.

It always best to give it to an individual unobserved on the side. I leave it to their discretion whether to pool it or not.

I like my tips to go to only that person rather then be shared.

My intention when I tip someone is to ensure they can keep the tip without having to violate any rules, which is why, since I first found out about the envelope stipulation, I take an extra second to seal the money in an envelope with the waiter's name and my cabin number.

But YMMV.

It always best to give it to an individual unobserved on the side. I leave it to their discretion whether to pool it or not.

I like my tips to go to only that person rather then be shared.

You remove auto-tip, then?

You remove auto-tip, then?

No, I never felt the need to remove it on Princess-yet.

I still believe some areas of the ship still pool their tips like the bartenders and baristas. (at least that's what they told me).

So that's why I slip it to them when others aren't around. It's up to them to do what they feel is appropriate. I also provide personal things for certain individuals that can't be divided up.

No, I never felt the need to remove it on Princess-yet.

I still believe some areas of the ship still pool their tips like the bartenders and baristas. (at least that's what they told me).

So that's why I slip it to them when others aren't around. It's up to them to do what they feel is appropriate. I also provide personal things for certain individuals that can't be divided up.

I wonder how the bartender thing works, since there's an automatic service charge added to drinks. Do they not receive any of the general auto-tip, but just that 15%, and is that always pooled? I doubt anyone at Princess would tell us...