Switching from refundable to non refundable

Is it possible to switch from refundable to non refundable the day before final payment is due?

Can the lower non refundable rate be obtained although the cruise might be sold out?

Thanks

Yes, you can switch before final payment date. Not sure what happens if there are no staterooms in your category.

Can the lower non refundable rate be obtained although the cruise might be sold out?

I don't see how you could switch if the category you want has no cabins for sale. Also, when it gets close to selling out, the rates are unlikely to be any cheaper - about the only reason you would switch.

Yes you can switch but I don't think you would be able to if the ship is sold out.

Like Biker said rates are likely not to be cheaper

One of our cruises the difference when we booked between refundable and non refundable was $200, it's now down to $60 and the cruise is not until next May. I doubt that by the time that final payment date comes up it will be cost effective to switch.

Yes you can switch but I don't think you would be able to if the ship is sold out.

Like Biker said rates are likely not to be cheaper

One of our cruises the difference when we booked between refundable and non refundable was $200, it's now down to $60 and the cruise is not until next May. I doubt that by the time that final payment date comes up it will be cost effective to switch.

But like cruise fares in general, things go up and things go down. :) Hard to predict.

Is it possible to switch from refundable to non refundable the day before final payment is due?

Thanks

Sure you can switch before final, but there has to be availability do it.

You may think of it as switching however the cruise line might consider it canceling your old reservation and booking a new one.
Before final there is no cancelling and rebooking. They simply change the amount you owe. I have no idea why people think this

You may think of it as switching however the cruise line might consider it canceling your old reservation and booking a new one.

I don't think Royal would require the existing booking to be cancelled, but they would apply whatever price and promos (or lack thereof) were in place at the time of the change.

We have switched several cruises from refundable to non-refundable before the final payment date simply by calling C&A and having them do the change. We usually just keep the same cabin (everything stays the same except the cost). Just did one for our September Oasis cruise that was a bit different. Changed from refundable D4 balcony to a non-refundable JS and the net change was only $300 more than our original D4 booking.:)

Thanks

yes I have done this in the past. In fact, I have 2 cruises on refundable right now as I am waiting for Royal to announce the 2019 President's cruise. Once they do, then I will change the cruises to non refundable if we are going to take the President's cruise. Just depends on where the 2019 President's cruise will sail from. Either way, I will keep the cruises I have booked on refundable and change them to non -refundable.

not true - you can change a refundable to a non refundable any time before final payment without any issues. have done it many times.

Thanks

Yes, I switched my Feb. '19 Symphony sail and got $175 in obcs.