No Ocean Medallion for 1/5/19 Royal

CineGraphic

Just received an email that informed us that fixing the bugs in Ocean Medallion will take longer than expected and that our cruise in January of 1019 will NOT be Ocean Medallion.

I guess I’ll be calling my TA when we disembark the Crown tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone while I should be working.

Surprising that they can anticipate this far out that they won’t be able to fix the issues. Doesn’t give me a lot of confidence about the folks handling their tech. A year is a very long time. Oh well, better to roll out a fully functional product than limp it along with dissatisfied passengers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

and what will be you game plan for that conversation for a cruise that is wayyyyyyyyy before final deposit? - maybe get a non-refundable deposit refunded?

Rebook, cancel or get the OBC everyone else has received for not getting *****.

Sent from my iPhone while I should be working.

We received the same email on our 1/19/2019 sailing. I am sorry Princess, but a delay of OVER a year is not "to identify refinements and enhancements that require more time for us to realize or aspirations." That's a CLUSTER****!!! At least have the guts to admit it!!!

My Guess is that it will be ready before but in order to get rid of the creeping delay syndrome they are nuking it for all cruises right now. I'm thinking this will start rolling out in the fall.

Probably just trying to be safe.

I was talking to some of the ***** folks on the Regal and asked if Medallion Net would be rolled out on the Royal even if the ship wasn’t *****-ready. I was told that they were trying to get that up and running earlier. If they can get that up, most folks won’t miss the *****.

I was talking to some of the ***** folks on the Regal and asked if Medallion Net would be rolled out on the Royal even if the ship wasn’t *****-ready.

They're buying that service from the same company that provides voom to royal caribbean.

The global technology innovators just have to stay safely on land, in doral.

WOW! 2019? I thought that was a typo! Back to the drawing board folks!

No, actually Princess is doing it right now, finally, sorry...

no more promises and dates available until the gremlins are corrected, then, a rollout like should have been done in the first place. Just because something starts working on the Regal, doesn't mean the CB won't have some of the same problems as before.

hopefully, they can be corrected on a more timely basis

We are on the Regal on Jan 7th 2018 and called Princess and received $50pp of OBC because of not having ocean medallion. While on the phone with Princess we asked about OBC for our May 13th 2018 cruise on the Royal (we received the e-mail stating that we would not have ocean medallion on that cruise either) Princess stated to call back closer to the cruise because they MIGHT have ocean medallion available by then.

We received an email that we won't have ***** on our cruise in May 2019 on the Royal. I guess it really isn't working out so well. I don't assume they are offering us any OBC that far out.

When I looked at the princess web site, the ocean medallion banner was removed from ALL sailings.

The search went to September 2019.

When I looked at the princess web site, the ocean medallion banner was removed from ALL sailings.

The search went to September 2019.

Yikes ...

I really think that either they are scrapping the whole idea or just not wanting to promise something for which later they have to pull and offer obc to the affected passengers.

We were recently talking with one of the head IT guys for Celebrity (like they have anything to brag about .. ha!) and he noted that the ***** is a disaster. His language was oh so colorful .. I won't even repeat his exact words.

Anyhow, I was still surprised they pulled it clear out well into 2019. Lots of bugs to work out for sure, that is, if they are even keeping it.

• 1 year later...

We sail on the Royal Feb 2, 2019 and rumor is that Medalion Net is working, it now shows in the Cuise Peronalizer.  Nothing about the medallions working for cabin access or replacing the cruise card.  We will know more in a bit over a week.

1 hour ago, moku said:

We sail on the Royal Feb 2, 2019 and rumor is that Medalion Net is working, it now shows in the Cuise Peronalizer.  Nothing about the medallions working for cabin access or replacing the cruise card.  We will know more in a bit over a week.

Good luck. 

I am booked on the Royal for April and at first told we would not have the Medallion but now my booking shows we can prepurchase Medallion Net for our sailing.  

I've read that we are losing out elite minutes?  Not sure if that is true or not.  

I'd buy the unlimited internet if I knew if I would not have the same trouble connecting.  I can buy it for $60 for a 7 night sailing..... so under $10 per day.  I would like to stream movies or tv and I'm not sure if Medallion Net makes that a possibility.  I guess I have to wait until it goes live before I can ask if that will be possible on the Royal.  Any opinions on the Medallion Net, other than I should just disconnect, are more than welcome, though.  

19 hours ago, moku said:

We’re on the Royal now. No OM, but we did have the unlimited internet. I’ll just warn you. There were a lot of questions/confusion about what was going on and the line in the Internet Cafe was ridiculous for the first few days!!

1 hour ago, Clownfish Cruiser said:

We’re on the Royal now. No OM, but we did have the unlimited internet. I’ll just warn you. There were a lot of questions/confusion about what was going on and the line in the Internet Cafe was ridiculous for the first few days!!

Thanks for the update.

Are Platinum and Elites getting unlimited internet?  There is a LOT of confusion on the Roll Call for the Feb 2 cruise as Princess is offering an unlimited package in the Cruise Personalizer and folks calling Princess are being given a lot of different confusing answers.

Take good care of the ship we are getting pretty excited about 49 days on board.