10:30 AM Flight Out Of Ft. Lauderdale?

neptune18

For us it would be. We look for flights between 12-1pm.

If it's later in the afternoon you could do a debarkation day excursion that drops you off at the airport in the afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We booked a 9:45 am flight out of FLL for our Allure cruise. We have cruised on Oasis class ships several times out of FLL and do self boarding to ensure we make early flights. So far, haven't had any issues and even had time to spare. However, there's always the chance that the ship doesn't get cleared or is delayed so book whatever you feel comfortable with; most recommend not scheduling flights before noon. Have a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Returning on Harmony of Seas. Is flight too early?

We have the same dilemma but going out on a Saturday...busy...busy...busy. What to do...not interested in moving bags to a hotel done that before.

Ehh... self-assist (get up to be in the front of line) you could do it, but would give me anxiety if anything were to go wrong. I'm not sure if the Harmony makes a difference or it's massive terminal changes the results.

Oasis Class Ships have an excellent track record for getting people off and on a ship so for people on those ships they have excellent success with early flights.

On other ships and cruise lines I would not be booking flights too early and I consider flights before 11:00 AM too early. For me it is just not worth spending part of my cruise worrying about it.

Keith

You should be OK. As others have said, only an unexpected delay will be a problem. Carry off your bags, into a cab for a short cab ride and you should be beat the masses to airport and be at your gate around 9AM.

For a 1030 flight you need to be at FLL NLT 9:00, and earlier is better. With the cab ride from PE to FLL taking about 15 minutes, that translates into off the ship with bags and clear of customs/immigration by about 8:00.

Do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? IMHO a later flight, closer to noon or after, is a smarter move but it is your call.

Yes you can make it if as John said you plan ahead.

We easily do an 11:00 flight. But DH probably wouldn't like the worry of the 10:30 flight. But..if the later flights had connections or there were hours of sitting, he might choose the early one. Problem is if you miss it, there aren't many, if any, empty seats on other flights. So it might mean an extra night in Ft. L.

We disembarked Royal Princess,(FLL Terminal 2) in April, Didn't rush for early disembarkation tickets.

Called our group at 8.30 am. Picked up cases in shed, through immigration, taxi to FLL (Delta International Terminal) Checked in by 9.30, at gate before 10.00 am.

That being said, our flight wasn't until 1pm.

Suited us to be at the gate and not have to panic if we would get there in time.

What you're suggesting could easily be done, IF everything goes to time.

Personally, I would rather be early for a later flight and not have to worry about making it.

• 1 month later...
What is the process of getting off the ship and taking your own bags through customs? We have an 11:45 flight in January.

Port Everglades to FLL? No reason to self carry for that late flight. I'd leave the ship at 9:15 after the crowds. Still gives you lots of wait time.

What is the process of getting off the ship and taking your own bags through customs? We have an 11:45 flight in January.

If you decide to self-carry, you simply walk off the ship during the self-assist time. It's quite literally that simple.

What I would do, is when you see guest services not busy or one of the guest services personnel standing and helping people in line, just ask them what time self-assist is to confirm.

We find it faster to wait for the initial self-assist people to hurry off. For example, self-assist started at 6:30 or so on our Oasis cruise. We walked down at 6:45 and there was not a soul to be found. We walked right off, right to customs/immigration and right out the door.

Hello. After we get off Harmony September 30th, we will fly back home on Southwest at 11:10 a.m. Do we need to do self assist? I'm a little nervous because I've never flown home that early before. Thank you.

Self carry people are lined up early. Real early.

Port Everglades is a 15 min. ride to FLL. You want to be at the airport two hours early. If you are headed to your bags at 8:00 you will be fine. Of course if you WANT to self carry, thaf's fine too. No need to be worried.

Self carry people are lined up early. Real early.

Port Everglades is a 15 min. ride to FLL. You want to be at the airport two hours early. If you are headed to your bags at 8:00 you will be fine. Of course if you WANT to self carry, thaf's fine too. No need to be worried.

Thank you :D