FTTF Price gone up.

$90 x 100 cabins x 25 ships x 52 weeks = $11,700,000 close to 12 million per year !

--Which is basically peanuts to Carnival. FTTF is a way for them to make a bit of extra cash, but it's a small amount in the grand scheme of things.

In reality the price varies, so the price I used was just a guesstimate of what the average is. I used 1 week as the average sailing length. Also, I just guessed there are 100 cabins sold per ship.
I'm pretty sure there are fewer than 100 FTTF slots sold. At one time they were offered in lots of 15 each, capacity-controlled based on the number of Ds and Ps on the sailing. On one of my cruises (Liberty or Victory) I asked the lady at the check-in desk how many they had sold and she promptly answered "45." So, there were three lots of 15 on that sailing.

Let's call it 60 cabins per sailing, and a more reasonable $80 average price, and increase the average number of yearly "opportunities" per ship from 52 to 56, since many cruises are shorter than a week.

$80 x 60 cabins x 25 ships x 56 weeks = $6,720,000. Still a decent amount -- I wouldn't mind it as refundable OBC :) -- but hardly a drop in Carnival's annual revenue.

As for me and FTTF, I'll probably still consider it, up to the $100 mark.

It's been really good to me over the years, and it covers everyone in the stateroom. When it crosses over $100 (I said "when," not "if") I'll think twice -- and ask my traveling companion(s) about it -- before booking it.

Not sure what point you’re trying to make, $12 million may sound like a lot but it’s only 0.07% of CCL’s 2017 revenues of $17.5 billion.

I'm so sorry. I didn't realize I needed to quote the post I was answering. I figured everyone could just follow along. Here you go.

If you multiply the amount for each FTTF sold times how many per ship times how many ships, the total in one year may not pay the entire construction bill, but it would make a serious dent in the debt. Truthfully, I seriously doubt that's where the money is going. But I do wonder what will be the breaking point to stop the demand for FTTF. $125.00? $150.00? $200.00?

I'm so sorry. I didn't realize I needed to quote the post I was answering. I figured everyone could just follow along. Here you go.

Ok, got you. Which verified my point earlier that this $12million annual revenue (by your estimate) is a drop in the bucket considering the cost of the Horizon.

If you multiply the amount for each FTTF sold times how many per ship times how many ships, the total in one year may not pay the entire construction bill, but it would make a serious dent in the debt.

More like a minor nick than a serious dent.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t get all the complaining . You are getting basically most of the stuff they’d give if you were platinum for a low price.

In the past , you’d have to have at least 10 cruises to get it.

Anyone who was platinum when FTTF came out noticed how their perk was diluted. Where there was no wait at the front desk, now there was a small wait. Guaranteed reservations became “ preferred”.

And so on.

A common thread is how much do CCL perks mean to you. Funny how people who are plat will post that they mean nothing,yet there are so many more posts about how to buy FTTF - it’s all sort of comical .

Since paying off our cruise, I’ve been doing some research for our 20th anniversary celebration next summer. I’ve compared AIs, cruises, and traditional land vacays. Since we are frugal and don’t eat/drink alcohol alot, it’s looking like a land vacay would be our least expensive option...keeping my options open though :)
You can stay at a hotel that has breakfast included like Hampton Inn and then all you'll need to do is pay for dinner. You'll also need to drive, figure out where you're going for the day, your entertainment at night and a plethora of other choices. I'll stick to a cruise or an all inclusive where I can turn my brain off, make as few decisions as possible and enjoy my cold drink in my right hand.

You can stay at a hotel that has breakfast included like Hampton Inn and then all you'll need to do is pay for dinner. You'll also need to drive, figure out where you're going for the day, your entertainment at night and a plethora of other choices. I'll stick to a cruise or an all inclusive where I can turn my brain off, make as few decisions as possible and enjoy my cold drink in my right hand.

I am a librarian and LIVE for research! LOL! I’ve already priced out a 5 night in New Orleans (I’ve never been!) that includes air fare (cheaper to fly then to drive) and a 4 star hotel and meals. So far it’s cheaper than a 5 night cruise during the same dates. I’m at the point where I pass my “vacay vision” over to my TA to see if she can do better :) before committing!

I am a librarian and LIVE for research! LOL! I’ve already priced out a 5 night in New Orleans (I’ve never been!) that includes air fare (cheaper to fly then to drive) and a 4 star hotel and meals. So far it’s cheaper than a 5 night cruise during the same dates. I’m at the point where I pass my “vacay vision” over to my TA to see if she can do better :) before committing!
Need to factor in airfare and can never get cheap air from Philly or Newark to NO. Plus, I don't cruise anything less than 7 anymore. I primarily cruise for the ship and the new ones are usually 7 or 8 nights, but of course there are exceptions like the 4 night cruises this summer in the Horizon to Bermuda. But then you have the Bermuda port charges....

Just a thought. Is it coincidental that Carnival has raised the cost of FTTF at about the same time that the Horizon is being built? Kind of makes you wonder who's paying for the construction.
Who do you think pays for anything that Carnival invests in? It's always the customer. Carnival is a business, not a charity.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Need to factor in airfare and can never get cheap air from Philly or Newark to NO. Plus, I don't cruise anything less than 7 anymore. I primarily cruise for the ship and the new ones are usually 7 or 8 nights, but of course there are exceptions like the 4 night cruises this summer in the Horizon to Bermuda. But then you have the Bermuda port charges....

That’s a bummer. Air fare from Houston, Austin or San Antonio is pretty cheap to New Orleans. The hotel provides pick up to/from the airport. Most of what we want to see is within walking distance of where we will be staying & the tours start within walking distance. Right now, I am happy with no more than 5-6 days as my son has some medical issues. My husband and I typically eat a free breakfast, eat protein bars or snacks for lunch, and eat a very nice dinner in a restaurant. But to be honest, I usually order from the appetizer side because I simply don’t eat a lot in one sitting and food goes to waste unless my hotel has a fridge and a microwave.

I should add that I am the queen of vacations on a budget! As a military family of five, I’ve learned a lot through the years!

It’s all micro Econ here. It’s a cruise line , not a lemon aid stand. Prices aren’t set with the goal to make a set profit, they are market driven. Rooms go for what the market will pay. There might be cruises in the fall where they are losing money, then there’s periods like xmas where they more than make up.

FTTF prices are up because the market will pay.

There is nothing wrong or crooked about it; it’s how business works.

If they find that they can sell them at $300, they will!

No sense in leaving money in the table .

Btw, CCL corporation will release earnings next week.

My cruise in December is sold out for FTTF and I'm bummed about that, but even more upset that the price increased. We were going to get it this time only because our toddler is traveling with us, and it would be nice to get him settled in for naps, etc. sooner. But, oh well...

HI all!

I've had it on all my 5 Carnival cruises but was thinking of giving it up before I read about the price increase.

Last time getting on Conquest I boarded just before the rest of the people. When you're paying that rate plus 30% something for exchange it's quite a bit for what's provided.

Wonder how much it is on a Journeys cruise, hard to understand that.

~ Jo ~ :)

Wonder how much it is on a Journeys cruise, hard to understand that.

FTTF is not offered on Journeys cruises because of the larger number of Diamonds and Plats that take them.

I give Carnival credit for making FTTF at least somewhat capacity-controlled; remember when the program was first rolled out and everyone thought the sky was falling and there'd be huge numbers of FTTF "interlopers" in the VIFP line at Guest Services? That hasn't really happened.

FTTF is nice, but I can easily park myself with my carry on and a drink for a few hours. I can think of much better ways to spend a hundred bucks.

I thought it was only 49.99 for all cruises. I'm diamond but their is no way I would pay 49.99 to get on a few hrs early or in the cabin. I'm with you I can think of better ways to spend a 100 dollars

I'm probably FTTF's biggest cheerleader. After this ridiculous increase I'm done.

I’m sure there will be hundreds of people thankful you did so that it will be easier for them to gobble up no matter what the price.

Free economy at its finest.

I paid $69.95 in Feb for 7 night Breeze in Oct. It’s now showing $89.95 and sold out. I’m wondering if the FTTF pricing is becoming fluid pricing like the way other cruise lines price things like Cabanas on private islands? They start out at one price and as they sell they go up in price.

DH and I are STTF (slower to the fun):D and with $90 extra for cocktails.

What we do notice is that many folks that have it are sitting down to lunch in the Lido about the same time as us.

It tickles me that a bunch of folks are so angry about the FTTF:o increase but happily pay out $51.95 + 15% grats for alcohol