FTTF Price gone up.

Princess are following Carnival's lead as they now have their own version of Faster To The Fun (FTTF), I think they call it Advanced Boarding. Available for a fee, of course!

The cruiselines have it good right now.

Wasn't "worth it" to me at $70, certainly not at $90. But it is a very popular option that would sell out quickly with many people asking continuously if more would open up. Limited supply, popular in demand, Carnival would be economically foolish to not raise the price. I'm only surprised that they took this long.

Sounds like Carnival has listened. Been saying for the last year, it was too cheap. People love paying for free items, and I doubt it will stop anytime soon, so might as well as make a larger profit. Remember, profit is the difference between cost and purchase price. This is an item that if sold at $60.00, it is 100% profit of $60.00. Why not make it $70 or $80 or even $100? Pure profit, 100% profit, and people will still buy free stuff thinking its a bargain.

About 4-5 years ago, the Galveston Terminal would get very crowded. Check-in lines were long. Then sitting and waiting for your "zone" to be called seemed to take forever. Back then, FTTF was very worth it at $49.95. Now, since they implimented the "stagered" check in, check-in is a breeze and the terminal is much less crowded. Of course now that I'm Platinum I don't need it, and probably wouldn't pay the current price since boarding is much less a hassle now. (just my 2 cents, and you can keep the change)

Holy moly! I have it for my Dream sailing next month and almost cancelled it. I talked to the hubs and he wanted to keep it so we did. But next time, I would consider not getting it. It is $89.95 on our sailing and sold out as it has been for a while. Next cruise we will just get on at 1:30 or 2 after eating locally. It's not the end of the world to NOT get it. I just wanted to try it this time to see what it was all about. I honestly don't think it would be worth it for us even now, but my husband wanted to keep it.

The cost of FTTF increasing should have been expected after Carnival successfully launched assigned check-in times. Carnival's own policy change makes FTTF more valuable. Brilliant! I'm guessing changes in the VIFP program will soon follow.

I saw this thread and felt ill. :fever::fever::fever: I bought mine in February for my 7 day sailing and when I checked today it's a $20 increase. I would have to rethink of getting FTTF on my High School reunion cruise on December.:loudcry::fever: Ouch.

Sounds like Carnival has listened. Been saying for the last year, it was too cheap. People love paying for free items, and I doubt it will stop anytime soon, so might as well as make a larger profit. Remember, profit is the difference between cost and purchase price. This is an item that if sold at $60.00, it is 100% profit of $60.00. Why not make it $70 or $80 or even $100? Pure profit, 100% profit, and people will still buy free stuff thinking its a bargain.

So we have you to blame that Carnival has listened to what you have been saying for the last year !!

What a racket!

Not sure how it’s a racket, if Carnival is providing a service and people are eager to purchase it. While you or I don’t see it as making sense, people are buying it with eyes and wallet wide open.

It’s pure profit, so they are well ahead of the game if only 1 person buys it.

I had it in Feb out of Galveston and have it for my cruise out of LA in Nov but that will be the last time.

Feb was our first cruise ever and had already booked Nov's cruise before that one and not sure if we will cruise again after that. My wife and I usually go to Thailand every winter for 2 months and after doing the costs of the airfare ( from Canada ), drinks, excursions, hotel,etc it what we spend in Thailand and yes I am including the airfare to Thailand and back. My wife is Thai and we have been doing this for years.

Just a thought. Is it coincidental that Carnival has raised the cost of FTTF at about the same time that the Horizon is being built? Kind of makes you wonder who's paying for the construction.

You seriously think that a $20 increase in a limited service is going to pay for a $750+ million ship? You know who is going to pay for the construction of the Horizon? The people who sail on her over the next 20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Like it or not, from a consumer standpoint, this is the downside to supply and demand. Higher demand = higher prices. I do think it's a drastic increase, a little too much in my opinion, but I can't fault Carnival for wanting to up the price since it's in such high demand. They're certainly not alone in this profit-making tactic. Regardless of the new price, the question of whether or not it's "worth it" is still up to each individual. It's all relative and some people will still find the services provided through FTTF to be worth the cost. Luckily, we bought it at the old price for our upcoming cruise, but I definitely won't be so quick to buy it next time. Probably won't.

Two days worth of Cheers.
While I agree with others in that it might be money better spent elsewhere (for some people), your 2-days of Cheers example doesn't really apply since Cheers has to be purchased for the entire cruise.

You're looking at it as if it were a product. FTTF is not an item or product, it's a service, and services have overhead expenses too. Just because there's no physical product (item), it doesn't mean there aren't any expenses to Carnival involved. Providing services costs in time, effort, redirecting manpower to provide the added service, and any possible additional manpower needed to meet the demand. Those things cost companies money. While it may be a great profit generator, it's not 100% pure profit. Many large amusement parks offer guests the option to buy a special pass, for a substantial fee, that allows them to skip long lines. FTTF isn't a unique concept