Anyone use fly 2 the fun to book their air

chloebell1

hubby and I are looking at booking carnival victory for an April trip. I know some people suggest flying in the day before the cruise leaves , Be I thought about booking our air through fly 2 the fun and flying in the day of the cruise. When I called carnival they said they pay to fly you to the first port if you are bumped from your flight or it’s cancelled. Have any of you used it and did everything go ok or do you not recommend it. We have never cruised before and I thought that it would be easier to fly in and take the carnival shuttle to the port instead of flying in a day prior and then finding a hotel and transportation to the port.

My Hubs and I used the Fly 2 the Fun when we cruised out of Miami. We looked up flights and prices prior to booking through Carnival. We flew in the day before and took the hotel shuttle from the airport to the hotel. The day of the cruise, we took the hotel shuttle back to MIA and checked in at Carnival's desk there and transferred to the port using Carnival's transfer buses. The hotel said that we could've paid them for their shuttle straight to the port instead of going back to the airport for it. If we ever had to fly to port again, I think we'd use Fly 2 the Fun again, but probably take the hotel up on their offer, haha.

Some people recommend using Uber to get to the port from the hotel/airport. Supposedly it tends to be cheaper than a taxi, at least in Miami.

Living in a snowy climate wondering how it would work if our flight was delayed or cancelled. We always buy travel insurance and I just figured if our flight was cancelled that would be the end of our trip. So if we bought fly to the fun and Carnival covered flying us to the first port would the cost of staying in a hotel while waiting for a flight or waiting in a hotel for the ship to get to the first port be covered as well?

We have booked with Carnival for our flights from Kelowna, BC Canada to Los Angeles. Doing price comparison, it was pretty much the same, but my biggest concern was connecting flights. If something goes wrong with the flights, Carnival deals with it. We couldn’t get into Long Beach airport without a ridiculous upcharge, so we will get a private company shuttle.

I’m taking my mom this trip, and she lives less than an hour from that airport, so this is the best option for her. We are flying in the day before the cruise as an extra precaution and returning the same day the cruise ends.

Edited by lasekeye
Phrasing

Hi,

Can you pick your flights or does Carnival pick them for you???

I would never allow someone to choose a flight itinerary for me .

I would never fly in the day of the cruise unless it was a short flight through a non wintery climate like from LA to San Francisco or something like that.

In the end it is your decision.

hubby and I are looking at booking carnival victory for an April trip. I know some people suggest flying in the day before the cruise leaves , Be I thought about booking our air through fly 2 the fun and flying in the day of the cruise. When I called carnival they said they pay to fly you to the first port if you are bumped from your flight or it’s cancelled. Have any of you used it and did everything go ok or do you not recommend it. We have never cruised before and I thought that it would be easier to fly in and take the carnival shuttle to the port instead of flying in a day prior and then finding a hotel and transportation to the port.

You can always book a hotel with free transportation and ride back to the airport in the morning and take the carnival shuttle to the port. Some hotels also have free transportation to the port. Most of the time we find uber, lyft or a taxi to be cheaper than the carnival shuttle. We've had a flight canceled and nearly missed our ship so we always fly in the day before. How much would it stink to start your vacation late after you pay for x number of days. Also consider if you go to key West or anywhere in the US as your first port you can't join the cruise there. You must wait until it's in a foreign port.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

Some people recommend using Uber to get to the port from the hotel/airport. Supposedly it tends to be cheaper than a taxi, at least in Miami.

Uber is always cheaper, cleaner and nicer than any taxi in any city you go to.

Glad I asked this question on this site, carnival didn’t tell me you could only fly into foreign ports if there were issues. The cruise we are looking at only stops in Key West and Cozumel, so we would only get to see Cozumel , if we missed our flight the day of the cruise. I am booking a flight for the day prior no way are we taking a chance. So flying in the day before should we stay at a hotel that will pick us up at the airport and then take us back to the airport the day of the cruise to catch the shuttle? that Sounds like the easiest way although some say Miami hotels are more expensive than ft Lauderdale ones.

We used Fly2Fun and are still flying in the day prior for our April Miracle cruise. We just liked the ability to roll airfare (which was the same price we could find on our own) into the cruise contract and pay with gift cards that we had purchased though Verizon and AARP. Saved us $250.00 which isn't a bad thing.

Also carnival price matches up to 60 days before sailing i believe. So you can book at todays price but if it goes down you call them and get the lower fare adjusted.

This is the first time i will be using it, but we are flying in the day before and out the day after.

We used Princess Air (PHX to London, hotel & shuttles) and everything went perfectly at a couple hundred $ less. We have Fly2Fun booked for the Horizon inaugural on 4/2 (PHX to Barcelona) at less than half of what I could book it for! However, PHX to FLL flights were inconvenient and not better priced on Princess Air.

chloebell1: I would check with Carnival on the foreign port, as foreign port is not specified in the Carnival Air Program.

Nope. Flying is one of those things I want to be in charge of. I decide if there is enough time to navigate a large airport, I decide if I want to fly early or late, I simply don't trust anyone else to coordinate my schedule.

And we love flying in the day before. Time to get sodas and snacks (diabetic DH) and time to be sure I have my "things I must have" packed (shampoo/toothbrush/medicines, etc). But the biggest reason is in case of delays. Even though I only live one mile from the South Carolina state line, I've seen snow in every month except June, July, August and September! And who knows when some fool tries to bypass security or your plane breaks down (I'd a whole lot rather find that out on the ground as opposed to in the air :D) and that just places everything in slow motion or a complete standstill.

Nope, not gonna let Carnival book my air and not about to chance flying in the day of the cruise!

We were going to use it last summer. Going to Miami from Michigan wasn’t an issue it was returning home. We would have been at the airport by 930a and would not have returned home until midnight because of the additional scheduled stops. They would not give us a direct flight home.

Nope. Flying is one of those things I want to be in charge of. I decide if there is enough time to navigate a large airport, I decide if I want to fly early or late, I simply don't trust anyone else to coordinate my schedule.

And we love flying in the day before. Time to get sodas and snacks (diabetic DH) and time to be sure I have my "things I must have" packed (shampoo/toothbrush/medicines, etc). But the biggest reason is in case of delays. Even though I only live one mile from the South Carolina state line, I've seen snow in every month except June, July, August and September! And who knows when some fool tries to bypass security or your plane breaks down (I'd a whole lot rather find that out on the ground as opposed to in the air :D) and that just places everything in slow motion or a complete standstill.

Nope, not gonna let Carnival book my air and not about to chance flying in the day of the cruise!

I picked my flights with my PVP when booking. This wasn’t luck of the draw or taking what we were given. I already knew what prices and times I could get. Since Carnival has blocks on flights we were able to get on a flight that was unavailable to me booking in my own. Fly2Fun worked in this case for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked my flights with my PVP when booking. This wasn’t luck of the draw or taking what we were given. I already knew what prices and times I could get. Since Carnival has blocks on flights we were able to get on a flight that was unavailable to me booking in my own. Fly2Fun worked in this case for us.

Your approach was the proper way to do it... No way would I rely on the old Priceline and Hotwire approach and let someone predetermine my times!!!

Glad I asked this question on this site, carnival didn’t tell me you could only fly into foreign ports if there were issues. The cruise we are looking at only stops in Key West and Cozumel, so we would only get to see Cozumel , if we missed our flight the day of the cruise. I am booking a flight for the day prior no way are we taking a chance. So flying in the day before should we stay at a hotel that will pick us up at the airport and then take us back to the airport the day of the cruise to catch the shuttle? that Sounds like the easiest way although some say Miami hotels are more expensive than ft Lauderdale ones.

Chloebell.......actually if you book Fly2Fun with Carnival and had a flight cancellation or delay that caused you to miss your cruise from your original embarkation port.....Carnival would get you to the next port even if it was a US port such as Key West. Normally yes there is an issue with that, but with Fly2Fun that is part of the flight protection that is offered

If you go to Carnival.com and go to the FAQ section....you can type in Jones Act. The first part of it explains what the Jones Act is and what the normal issue is when it involves 2 different U.S ports. However if you go to the section header that says “Fly2Fun Guests” you will see that Carnival will get you to the next port even if it is a second U.S Port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not always cheaper, when they slap surge pricing on your ride it can be significantly more than a cab

You're absolutely right, I forgot about surge charges. I however would rather pay $20 to ride in a clean SUV than to pay $10 to ride in a nasty cab. Just my preference though.

I booked our family with the Fly2Fun air. Before I called up, I had the exact flights that I wanted. Before the call ended, I also had my seat assignments. The flight I choose the entire family will end up being on. Myself, DH, DS3 and DS friend will all get on in GEG to SLC. DS1 and DS fiance' will get on in PHX to SLC. DS2 and wife will get on in SLC. We will all ride together to MSY.

One reason that I choose to go with the cruise air is that I can get it now and add it on to the price of the cruise. If anything changes, I can change it or get rid of it.

I always prefer to fly in the day before a cruise, especially with a stopover flight. Depending on the time of year, you just never know what can happen. I'm cruising in April but I'm only flying non stop from Denver to LAX so I'm taking an early flight the day of the cruise. My first time to fly in on the day of. I'm nervous. I shouldn't be but I'm an OCD traveler. <G>