No More

No more Past Guest Parties? Maybe I've not been paying attention. I know we didn't have one on our most recent 8-day. When did this stop, if it did? Any idea why?

They stopped them because of lack of interest. Of course it was held on the last night of the cruise at 5 p.m. and with little notice in the fun times

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

They stopped them because of lack of interest. Of course it was held on the last night of the cruise at 5 p.m. and with little notice in the fun times

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

That was the farewell party, totally different from the old past guest party, that even those under P/D could attend

Yes Farewell party was another cutback. Past guest was normally packed and they often had two back to back. They cut out gold to make it better for P&D and to save money. They said it would be a 'brilliant' change. Its the same old party... Last cruise I gave the invites to another couple.

There were a lot of golds at the last party that I got to go to, i'm still gold.....and will be for a few more cruises. I think that there was too much gold. And that's why they give us, a drink card to be used after 5 on the last day of the cruise.

I do recommend not to wait too long to use it after 5 if you are cruising back to NOLA. I think DH and I used it around 8:30 that night, and while the drink was free, they charged us tax, because we were no longer in international waters. It takes a long time to go upriver.:rolleyes:

There were a lot of golds at the last party that I got to go to, i'm still gold.....and will be for a few more cruises. I think that there was too much gold. And that's why they give us, a drink card to be used after 5 on the last day of the cruise.

P&D also get a drink coupon to be used during Breakfast, Lunch, or Brunch. Even though on most cruises the MDR is not open for lunch, just brunch. MDR lunch is gone from port days, another cutback. It's too bad gold's got kicked out. I would have been upset...I hear the new 'Brillant' changes to the VIFP program will include another drink coupon for gold and above, to be used between 10-11am on embarkation day. ;) Brilliant!

Yes they still have the party for Plat and Diamond guests and yes it has gotten a lot better in the new "design". It's usually been held at 5PM on the last day of the cruise, so we go for the hour before dinner.

It's nice to be able to get a drink or two and enjoy a leisurely hors d'oeuvres as well. Same old film of the fleet, but they have some games and awards. It's a nice gesture for them to throw the party.

That makes sense; but it was sad to see the way it's handled now. It's about 45 minutes...the ships are not shown individually for applause like before...more like 5 or 6 on one screen shot....and no real dancing afterward. It was literally three cheezy dance songs and it was over. I remember all types of dance songs....and watching even the older couples dancing the traditional dances....having some of us get up on stage and try out a dance....it was great! My mom got Platinum on the cruise and I was sad it wasn't "more". Ok, it was free; but, still. It used to be much longer and a bigger deal. :loudcry:

Yes they still have the party for Plat and Diamond guests and yes it has gotten a lot better in the new "design". It's usually been held at 5PM on the last day of the cruise, so we go for the hour before dinner.

It's nice to be able to get a drink or two and enjoy a leisurely hors d'oeuvres as well. Same old film of the fleet, but they have some games and awards. It's a nice gesture for them to throw the party.

That makes sense; but it was sad to see the way it's handled now. It's about 45 minutes...the ships are not shown individually for applause like before...more like 5 or 6 on one screen shot....and no real dancing afterward. It was literally three cheezy dance songs and it was over. I remember all types of dance songs....and watching even the older couples dancing the traditional dances....having some of us get up on stage and try out a dance....it was great! My mom got Platinum on the cruise and I was sad it wasn't "more". Ok, it was free; but, still. It used to be much longer and a bigger deal. :loudcry:

We were told the change a few year ago would be Brilliant. As you found out it is the same old watered down party. Royal has much better rewards, no party but plenty of dinners, drinks and other goodies for its mid tier guests.

They are separate and we clapped for each one.

Did the "Diamond & Platinum" Reuion on Wednesday. Received a puny drink and non descript horses overies. Won a Reunion Award prize for guessing the number of pieces of candy ien a zip=lock bag.

When it was given to me.....I told them I am a dentist and didn't think a bunch of candy was appropriate.

'

We were just on the Freedom last month and they didn’t show the film with all the ships. There was also no dancing and very little music. They introduced the staff, the Captain talked a bit, they recognized Diamond cruisers, and gave away a few awards. The drinks and snacks were plentiful. One of the least attended parties we have seen in awhile.