Live from Muse - Day Two

ladymadeline

Well, remember those meticulously reserved dining reservations for a group of 18? Didn't work on night #1. Our friend, who has been planning this trip for months, told us she changed our reservation last night to 7:00pm in the Silver Note. Another friend, said, "How's that possible? Silver Note doesn't open until 8:00 pm." Sure enough, we arrived at 7:00 pm and it was closed, so half of us went to Atlantide and half went to Kaiseki ($60 charge per person). We were in Kaiseki and have to say it was wonderful. I was worried it would be like a Beni Hana type of experience with the chef flinging shrimp at diners, but not the case. Very finely prepared, low key presentation. Was it worth a $120 per couple? Some of us said yes, some said no.

Slept well and up early. Found excellent selections of fruit, cheese, cereals, etc... in La Terraza. My husband ordered pancakes and enjoyed them very much, I ordered poached eggs. No issues. One guest said you could order a smoothie, which sounds like a great idea.

Our private tour of Vina del Mar and the Casas del Bosques winery was excellent. Wish we could have take that wine all the way home, but it would never make it. The luncheon there was outstanding and the tour guide at the vineyard, Enzo, was very good.

Now the negative - we debated taking our binoculars, but left them home as the website said Muse had binoculars in the suites. Apparently this was discontinued sometime in 2017. So, my husband, is kicking himself, saying he should have packed the binoculars. We were so pre-occupied with total weight in our bags. Whoops. Lesson learned.

So tonight, we try for Silver Note again, at 8:00 pm. We have a muster drill at 5:00 pm and sail away at 6:00 pm. Sea day tomorrow, which I'm looking forward to.

Now the negative - we debated taking our binoculars, but left them home as the website said Muse had binoculars in the suites. Apparently this was discontinued sometime in 2017.
Major bummer and you are really going to miss them on your particularly amazing itinerary. Even though you have a pair at home, I would highly recommend finding an excellent shop along the way to purchase a replacement pair. You’re really going to want them the further south you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t use them, but could swear they had binoculars in the suite on the Muse in June 2017!

How annoying for you. I agree with Stumblefoot (assuming they have none to loan you?... worth asking.)

The smoothie station is on the starboard side of la Terrazza ... opposite side to main buffet.... and very nice they are too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We brought 6 bottles of wine home from Chile in November without any problem. Our tour guide brought us a 2-piece Styrofoam packing case and we crammed the bottles in the bottom half, put crumpled paper in the top half, put it together, and taped it shut. Then we paid someone at the airport to wrap it up completely in plastic, very tightly. Then we crossed our fingers and checked it for the flight home. All 6 bottles survived.

8c6b264284f86c9c6cf1a6194d4f624d.jpg

The Casablanca area sure is lovely, isn't it? Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Now the negative - we debated taking our binoculars, but left them home as the website said Muse had binoculars in the suites. Apparently this was discontinued sometime in 2017. So, my husband, is kicking himself, saying he should have packed the binoculars.
It's probably a long shot, but it may be worth asking your butler, or possibly reception, whether there may be a pair of binoculars somewhere on the ship that you can borrow. The butlers hate to say no and they have the best network.

It's probably a long shot, but it may be worth asking your butler, or possibly reception, whether there may be a pair of binoculars somewhere on the ship that you can borrow. The butlers hate to say no and they have the best network.

We did go to reception and asked about binoculars. She’s the one who told us the policy was discontinued in 2017, but the website and brochures have not been updated to correct this fact. Furthermore, she searched and found none to borrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did go to reception and asked about binoculars. She’s the one who told us the policy was discontinued in 2017, but the website and brochures have not been updated to correct this fact. Furthermore, she searched and found none to borrow.

Crikey..... that's quite a lot of Binoculars to be removed! I wonder if this new policy is because they were being permanently borrowed?

Shame anyway. She may have asked all the right people.... but just in case, I'd still give it one last shot and ask the Butler as jgibbs suggested. (Let him know you asked reception but asking just in case he had any other ideas where there might be some you could loan.)

Hope the expedition ships were except from this "cost cutting"!

As for binoculars, yes they were being pilfered.

The remainders went to excursion ships and higher level suites.

Pretty sad that a . Pax would steal, and b. That they weren't replaced.

It is indeed. Shame they don’t do an inventory and charge! (As long as the little bottles of shampoos are not part of that! Haha)

But more seriously, there is no reason for them ALL to go completely... and guests not being able to sign for them. A bit unfair everyone should suffer.

Is there a table one can use to apply make up? Is it well lit or do I need to bring a makeup mirror from home? We are in a deluxe verandah on deck 7.

Thanks!

Mom C

Why do you keep asking this? You've already been answered twice on the other two threads where you've asked. Asking again isn't going to change the fact that there isn't a vanity, there's only the desk to use in the cabin. It isn't particularly well lit but it's the best there is. Bring your own makeup mirror. On the plus side, there is a power outlet for the provided hairdryer which is quite adequate, that's one thing you don't need to bring.

And don't forget, you're on a cruise which is a wonderful thing - just relax and enjoy yourself, don't stress about makeup!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They were removed from the Explorer some time ago.They certainly weren't in our cabin in March 2017 on the Explorer.We always take our own though.

There were many complaints and they may have been replaced.

Our butler found us a pair on our Whisper cruise last Nobember. They were a small pair however and not the large ones which had previously been in the suites. We were also told that binoculars were removed because guests were pinching them. Extraordinary.

Rp

Our butler found us a pair on our Whisper cruise last Nobember. They were a small pair however and not the large ones which had previously been in the suites. We were also told that binoculars were removed because guests were pinching them. Extraordinary.

Rp

In that case charge those that pilfer the binoculars, so that they are there for those that can enjoy looking at the sea life !

Why are the majority penalised by the minority ???