Shared Coffee Card

petlover

My son-in-law and I both like espresso and coffee drinks so we jointly bought a coffee card for our 1 week cruise on the Ruby. Should we both sign the card or should neither of us sign it ? He and my daughter will be next door to us so sharing the card shouldn't be an issue and plenty of holes on the card for sharing. Thank you.

My son-in-law and I both like espresso and coffee drinks so we jointly bought a coffee card for our 1 week cruise on the Ruby. Should we both sign the card or should neither of us sign it ? He and my daughter will be next door to us so sharing the card shouldn't be an issue and plenty of holes on the card for sharing. Thank you.

My wife and I both share a coffee card. I can't imagine why the cruise line would care who uses the punches as they are all paid for.

We have even used the card for a coffee requiring a punch and a brewed coffee at the same time. I've seen some complain that this is not allowed but the cruise line never objected.

I wasn't even aware that one should sign the card.

My sister and I shared a card on a cruise last month. No problem. As RocketMan275 stated above, I had no idea there was a signature involved! I don't think any barista even looked at the card beyond punching it.

We are on the Ruby in April. Our Aunt like just plain black coffee but I always get the card. I have a new one from last May on the Regal and will use the punches on this first, but will buy a card to get her the fresh brewed.

Now the question is can I get everybody's coffee if I have their cards with me? My sister & brother-in-law are also on this trip and they will get cards as well, but David will only drink the brewed with his. Sue will use up both cards punches for her double shots.

We are on the Ruby in April. Our Aunt like just plain black coffee but I always get the card. I have a new one from last May on the Regal and will use the punches on this first, but will buy a card to get her the fresh brewed.

Now the question is can I get everybody's coffee if I have their cards with me? My sister & brother-in-law are also on this trip and they will get cards as well, but David will only drink the brewed with his. Sue will use up both cards punches for her double shots.

What is important is you can get free brewed coffee or hot chocolate on the coffee card with the current ship & voyage date written at the back of the card. If card from previous sailing is used, a punch will be made on the card. Anyone can use the card for every order.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just got off the Star and hubby and I both used it. We also bought another one as it was a long sailing. So we had 7 punches left. I asked what to do about this and the front desk told me to save it and bring it on my next cruise, they will honor the card even though it says STAR on it. No problem. I am so glad I asked, I had no idea. :)

Punches are always honored on subsequent cruises. Fresh-brewed coffee is not. Punches are free to share with anybody but the fresh-brewed coffee is supposed to be only for the actual card holder and not shared.

A thought on putting your name on the back of the card. Why? On a couple of different cruises I have picked up a partially used coffee card in the atrium. Turned them into the service desk, but with no name on them hard for the service desk to know the proper owner.

Also << DO NOT put your room number.>>

Not to hijack this thread, but as a first-timer to Princess, is "just plain" coffee an extra cost even in the buffet? Or are you talking about Starbuck's style fresh brewed premium type coffee? Thanks!

Regular coffee is free in the buffet/DR's etc.

Brewed coffee is free with the card at the IC.

I always buy the card, mostly for the brewed coffee as well as the specialty drinks. I have gotten up to 4 brewed coffees at one time with my one card. Was never a problem!

This is good to know. I knew I needed a current card for brewed coffee but wondered if I could get more than 1 item on a single card. Coffee from room service isn't hot enough so thought I would bring coffees back to everybody in the AM to enjoy on the balcony.

Thanks

What is the cost of the coffee card? My next Princess cruise will be a 14 day Cape Horn on Emerald princess in Feb. 2018. I despise regular coffee and always order cappuccino with breakfast. Rather than pay as I go the card might be a better investment.

Not to hijack this thread, but as a first-timer to Princess, is "just plain" coffee an extra cost even in the buffet? Or are you talking about Starbuck's style fresh brewed premium type coffee? Thanks!

The "regular" coffee is free everywhere, in my opinion as a black coffee drinker who loves coffee, it is not very good. And I am being kind :p

Think it is some kind of coffee concentrate or syrup :eek:

What is the cost of the coffee card? My next Princess cruise will be a 14 day Cape Horn on Emerald princess in Feb. 2018. I despise regular coffee and always order cappuccino with breakfast. Rather than pay as I go the card might be a better investment.

Two years ago it was $29 Hope that is still true! LOL just noticed our names :)

Edited by susiefay

Two years ago it was $29 Hope that is still true! LOL just noticed our names :)

Premium Coffee Card

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise. Item #2403 $35.65†

For Australia based cruises only. Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise. Item #2418 $36.00 AUD†

†Unlimited brewed coffee and teas included with the Premium Coffee Card are only available on the voyage on which the Premium Coffee Card was purchased. Unused card punches for New Grounds specialty drinks will be honored on future voyages. Terms and conditions may apply.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

DH had a few punches left on his coffee card. He drinks cappuccino after dinner some nights but not every night, so one card lasts him for two or three cruises. I try to keep it with our passports. But just this week, I looked and could not find it. Turns out I had it in my passport instead of his--and had mailed it in with my renewal application. The Passport Office stapled it inside my old passport when returning it to me. My new passport came last week. There are still five punches left on the card for our upcoming cruise on the Caribbean Princess.

I always buy the card, mostly for the brewed coffee as well as the specialty drinks. I have gotten up to 4 brewed coffees at one time with my one card. Was never a problem!

That is unusual.

Usually you can only get more than one brewed coffee at the same time if you show multiple coffee cards at the same time.

Edited by caribill

A thought on putting your name on the back of the card. Why? On a couple of different cruises I have picked up a partially used coffee card in the atrium. Turned them into the service desk, but with no name on them hard for the service desk to know the proper owner.

Also << DO NOT put your room number.>>

Just off the Star and THEY wrote my room number on the card. Twice! The first one got punched and they couldnt read it..

Punches are always honored on subsequent cruises. Fresh-brewed coffee is not. Punches are free to share with anybody but the fresh-brewed coffee is supposed to be only for the actual card holder and not shared.
I'm glad someone posted what the expectations are.

We had one card that lasted for 3 cruises, with brewed coffee included on the first cruise only.

We have also found that being a regular customer during the cruise often results in the staff waiving off the cost of a regular coffee or tea towards the latter part of the cruise, even if the card is from another cruise. That, of course, is their option, and is well appreciated.

Edited by Times Prince

We always have two coffee cards on a cruise but fill one first by sharing. On all cruises except our last, we have been able to get two free teas(no punch as for brewed coffee) each night before bed. On our last cruise on Dawn Princess the Food & Beverage manager instructed his staff that only the card holder could get the no punch drink & definitely not two at once. We thought this was definitely nit-picking, especially as the wording is for "unlimited" brewed coffee, tea or hot chocolate, & ended up ordering our free tea from room service.

Edited by aussie57

I leave a couple of $$ and do it all the time. I never had a problem and was always greeted with a smile. :) :)

Tony