Query about Diamond status raise day before a cruise?

Hi everyone

My parents are joining us for a Christmas cruise during which they will turn Diamond

We get off for a day and then get on another ship two days later

I know they will get their Diamond benefits on the second cruise, but final payment would have happened before that, so what happens with their Diamond discount, or will it be too late to have it applied

Hi everyone

My parents are joining us for a Christmas cruise during which they will turn Diamond

We get off for a day and then get on another ship two days later

I know they will get their Diamond benefits on the second cruise, but final payment would have happened before that, so what happens with their Diamond discount, or will it be too late to have it applied

Unfortunately their Diamond status may not be posted that early. It usually takes a week to 10 days after completion of the cruise that you attained those points on for the system to post.

Indeed no more discounts after final payment which will be weeks prior to the cruise.

C&A discounts are applied when you purchase your cruise. I've never tried to get anything changed, but I don't believe they change after purchase.

BTW they may have to go to the LA to get their onboard Diamond benefits. It usually takes 5-10 days to update status.

C&A discounts are applied when you purchase your cruise. I've never tried to get anything changed, but I don't believe they change after purchase.

BTW they may have to go to the LA to get their onboard Diamond benefits. It usually takes 5-10 days to update status.

Can you tell me what an 'LA' is please?

It might be a good idea for them to visit the loyalty ambassador on the first cruise who could then contact the LA on the second cruise to let him/her know that they will be D on that cruise so they will be expected and can have their cards changed when they get onboard the second cruise.

Call C&A (800) 526-9723 and see what they can do for you. You've got nothing to lose.

It's a bit different from your case in that I had a cruise booked. Before taking the first cruise I booked a second cruise I mentioned to the agent that I would

become D+ and would like to get the add'l $25 in balcony discount. I was told to call once the first cruise was completed. Sure enough, called & got the add' discount without affecting the cruise pricing.

Thank you everyone, for your replies.

I will ensure they visit the Loyalty Ambassador on the first cruise to see what he can do to make sure they get their Diamond cards for the second trip.

It's quite nice actually, it will be their 80th birthdays on the trip and this is a quote, "I would like to take your mum in the lounge where the posh people are."

Needless to say, I won't burst his bubble, LOL

Thank you everyone, for your replies.

I will ensure they visit the Loyalty Ambassador on the first cruise to see what he can do to make sure they get their Diamond cards for the second trip.

It's quite nice actually, it will be their 80th birthdays on the trip and this is a quote, "I would like to take your mum in the lounge where the posh people are."

Needless to say, I won't burst his bubble, LOL

How very sweet. Hope they have a wonderful cruise.

It might be a good idea for them to visit the loyalty ambassador on the first cruise who could then contact the LA on the second cruise to let him/her know that they will be D on that cruise so they will be expected and can have their cards changed when they get onboard the second cruise.

^^^^ This!!!!

Call C&A (800) 526-9723 and see what they can do for you. You've got nothing to lose.

It's a bit different from your case in that I had a cruise booked. Before taking the first cruise I booked a second cruise I mentioned to the agent that I would

become D+ and would like to get the add'l $25 in balcony discount. I was told to call once the first cruise was completed. Sure enough, called & got the add' discount without affecting the cruise pricing.

I can guarantee you that the only reason your price did not change is that the price hadn't changed. :)

Might work on a B2B on same ship...but not sure that will work for another ship two days later. Can't hurt to try though. The Loyalty Ambassadors do get bombarded with requests to have status upgrades posted before points are officially posted to their account.

We changed from D to D+ on the 2nd leg of a B2B. We talked to the loyalty ambassador near the end of the 1st cruise. The cards that we received at the terminal for the 2nd leg did not have D+. We went to guest services when back on the ship and it had been updated. We got new cards and got the extra benefits.

We changed from D to D+ on the 2nd leg of a B2B. We talked to the loyalty ambassador near the end of the 1st cruise. The cards that we received at the terminal for the 2nd leg did not have D+. We went to guest services when back on the ship and it had been updated. We got new cards and got the extra benefits.

Where you on the same ship for B2B? I think the other person is on two different ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Where you on the same ship for B2B? I think the other person is on two different ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No. But I stated in my post that my situation was a bit different than the OP. Also, stated that he/she should contact C&A and see if they can do something to accommodate.

Yes, as I already stated in post #17 that it could work for B2B on same ship. OP is not on same ship, but on different ship a couple of days later. Different situation.