Starbucks

pudy68

Why would you want a Starbucks on a cruise ship? - I couldn't think of anything worse!

I'm not sure about Starbucks in other parts of the world but here in New Zealand, Starbucks is nothing to rave about... their coffee is 'ok' but nothing amazing

Why would you want a Starbucks on a cruise ship? - I couldn't think of anything worse!

I'm not sure about Starbucks in other parts of the world but here in New Zealand, Starbucks is nothing to rave about... their coffee is 'ok' but nothing amazing

My husband likes their specialty drinks and he has a gift card burning a hole in his wallet. Our last cruise had a kiosk and he was all smiles. Smiles are good. Smiles means my vacation stays a lot more pleasant. 😁😁😁

No Celebrity ships have the Starbucks branded coffee. The Cafe al Bacios have specialty coffees, but do not use Starbucks beans.

Thank the lord !! Think we would change to another cruise line if they did !!! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband likes their specialty drinks and he has a gift card burning a hole in his wallet. Our last cruise had a kiosk and he was all smiles. Smiles are good. Smiles means my vacation stays a lot more pleasant. 😁😁😁

While he won't be able to use his gift card, if you have a beverage package the coffees are included (all of them for the premium package, many of them for the classic package). Cafe al Bacio on Celebrity does all the same types of drinks that Starbucks does and the Lavazza beans they use are at least as good quality as the average Starbucks' beans, so he should be all smiles. Cafe al Bacio also has a nice selection of pastries and these are all complimentary - and the ambiance is pretty nice as well. They have table seating with servers if you'd like to linger or counter service if you are in more of a hurry or want something to-go.

While he won't be able to use his gift card, if you have a beverage package the coffees are included (all of them for the premium package, many of them for the classic package). Cafe al Bacio on Celebrity does all the same types of drinks that Starbucks does and the Lavazza beans they use are at least as good quality as the average Starbucks' beans, so he should be all smiles. Cafe al Bacio also has a nice selection of pastries and these are all complimentary - and the ambiance is pretty nice as well. They have table seating with servers if you'd like to linger or counter service if you are in more of a hurry or want something to-go.

On my 2nd Celebrity Cruise they had started using Lavazza. That is what I now use 90% of the time at home. Good coffee. And the brews offered at Cafe al Bacio are very nice!

Agreed.

OP: Cafe al Bacio should definitely put a smile on his face! Don't worry, you won't be disappointed :)

Starbucks are very popular in US and China. Not so in Europe . I can’t stand their coffee although cold drinks are ok - once in a long while ;) must be a NZ thing, aye? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess you haven't been to the UK in a while - Starbucks are everywhere

Sorry, I did not say there were not in Europe - I am talking about the level of popularity. There is enough of them in NZ too but by any means they are not the most popular coffee place. Surely it has it fans, but probably more for its cold drinks, frappes etc.

There are Starbucks almost everywhere. I think the biggest contribution they made was to introduce many consumers to the many coffee styles instead the big pot brewed coffee that was served everywhere. Since then many others have joined the market that have established their loyal customers.

I have a loaded Starbucks card and have found that it is not accepted in many areas outside the USA.

On board they do use Lavazza. There are many different roasts and blends within that brand so not all are equal.

Here is a link that shows some

https://www.espressozone.com/italian-coffee-espresso/lavazza-coffee?gclid=CjwKCAjwypjVBRANEiwAJAxlIlcgNvIKKnn1GS3lj7onzluzGJyAzOb6qx1VkdIgBhPR0YBfSff6YxoCA3UQAvD_BwE

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Sorry, I did not say there were not in Europe - I am talking about the level of popularity. There is enough of them in NZ too but by any means they are not the most popular coffee place. Surely it has it fans, but probably more for its cold drinks, frappes etc.

According to 2016 figures - Starbucks is the second biggest in Europe with 2216 outlets (Costa first with 2512)

This discussion brings up another point aboutCelebrity. They don’t have any of these brands on their ships like other lines. In some cases this is good, ie: no Starbucks but they could put a quality place on board like maybe a Ruth’s Chris.

I hope Celebrity never brings land based restaurants/cafes onboard their ships.

I love the fact that Celebrity has their own unique establishments.

Can probably find a Starbucks in almost any port.

On the other hand, I would not mind Café al Bacio opening locations on land!

This discussion brings up another point aboutCelebrity. They don’t have any of these brands on their ships like other lines. In some cases this is good, ie: no Starbucks but they could put a quality place on board like maybe a Ruth’s Chris.

I think brands are very risky - Ruth's Chris, for example, I think has zero presence in Europe whatsoever and therefore for Celebrity's cruises in Europe many European travelers might be scratching their heads. RCI has brought in people like UK's Jamie Oliver but for many (myself included) I think he is very very overated - and his restaurants sell crap mass produced glorified pub food. His business (along with may chain restaurants in the UK) seem to be in serious financial trouble at the moment. I think people have had enough of paying £15 for a plank of wood with some cold cuts on it.

What is a Ruth's Chris?

And by the way, I had never heard of and have never seen on shore the extra-cost hamburger joint I passed by on my Royal Adventure cruises. Mass-market "well known" brands may not be as well known as their owners would like to believe.

Stan

What is a Ruth's Chris?

Ruth's Chris is a higher-end steak house with a fairly significant presence across The United States [and some presence in Canada]... Just looked; in Michigan, they seem to have restaurants in Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, and Troy...

Ruth's Chris is a higher-end steak house with a fairly significant presence across The United States [and some presence in Canada]... Just looked; in Michigan, they seem to have restaurants in Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, and Troy...

I am grateful there is no Ruth's Chris onboard. Their service has a tendency to be terrible and the food isn't the quality it should be for the price. I don't even go there for happy hour anymore.

I prefer not to have "big name" restaurants onboard. Even at home, I prefer the local places to the chains.