Latest Upsell Offers

CineGraphic

We just received our first upsell offer on Princess. Yoooohoooo!

Yes, it did cost us more but it was something I was willing to pay for a balcony in Alaska!

For a 10 night sailing out of SF, I was offered a move from an obstructed OV (cat OY) to a balcony on the Caribe deck (cat B2) for $269 pp. So, with the added insurance, it came to nearly $600 but so worth it for us. As a matter of fact, our limit is $600 more over an OV cabin, which is why we hadn't booked a balcony originally.

Of course, complimentary would have been better but not sure if that is even in the cards anymore.

BTW, this was a direct booking with Princess. I only mention that because the travel agency I had been using informed me that they don't pass these offers along to their clients. Well ... that explains a lot! I wonder how many of these I've lost out on in the past?

We just received our first upsell offer on Princess. Yoooohoooo!

Yes, it did cost us more but it was something I was willing to pay for a balcony in Alaska!

For a 10 night sailing out of SF, I was offered a move from an obstructed OV (cat OY) to a balcony on the Caribe deck (cat B2) for $269 pp. So, with the added insurance, it came to nearly $600 but so worth it for us. As a matter of fact, our limit is $600 more over an OV cabin, which is why we hadn't booked a balcony originally.

Of course, complimentary would have been better but not sure if that is even in the cards anymore.

BTW, this was a direct booking with Princess. I only mention that because the travel agency I had been using informed me that they don't pass these offers along to their clients. Well ... that explains a lot! I wonder how many of these I've lost out on in the past?

Congratulations! Happy you got what you were long for.

Up sells are usually targeted to a category of cabins they want to make available. We are really excited about this one and have not cruised in a mini suite before.

Thanks a lot!!!

We heard people with same cabin category reported upsell. but we never got any. I have been wondering they selected people from name or title?

Thanks a lot!!!

We heard people with same cabin category reported upsell. but we never got any. I have been wondering they selected people from name or title?

On our notice, it said it was extended to passengers in balcony cabins but may have used other criteria as well. We are elite but received offers when we were platinum as well and our son received a free upgrade from inside to obstructed oceanview on his first cruise, so who knows. Others have posted that some travel agents don’t pass along the offers.

• 3 weeks later...

First time receiving an upsell offer from Princess, but now I have a question! The offer e-mailed to us only lists the upgrade price per person, based on double occupancy (and that single occupancy pays 200%). We're currently booked into a triple occupancy room so I'm surprised there was no "third person" upgrade price given. If we take the upgrade, is Princess looking to split us into 2 staterooms with the 3rd person pay double the upgrade price to be a solo occupant? Thanks in advance!

First time receiving an upsell offer from Princess, but now I have a question! The offer e-mailed to us only lists the upgrade price per person, based on double occupancy (and that single occupancy pays 200%). We're currently booked into a triple occupancy room so I'm surprised there was no "third person" upgrade price given. If we take the upgrade, is Princess looking to split us into 2 staterooms with the 3rd person pay double the upgrade price to be a solo occupant? Thanks in advance!

Call them and find out!

Sent from my iPhone while I probably should be working.

3rd person doesn't pay anything. Price is for first two only.

I would think if there was an additional charge for the 3rd person, your offer would have had that price. We just received (and took!) an upsell & it had 1/2 person charge and 3/4 person charge shown.

BTW - our upsell was for a window suite from an oceanview for $329/pp on a 10-day sailing. Since this was a "come back" offer, we didn't have a lot invested originally, so we jumped at the suite! Love the specialty breakfast & the ability to order the MDR menu for room service (no formal dressing on this one!!)!! And don't even get me started on all the room and storage areas :cool::cool:

Thanks for the advice, maybe I'll give Princess a call tomorrow to see what it is they're exactly offering. I still find it weird they only gave a 1/2 person charge but if the 3rd person's free like you think it might be, then we might jump on this!

@FLCruise7 - sounds like you got a great deal on the suite, congrats!

Thanks for the advice, maybe I'll give Princess a call tomorrow to see what it is they're exactly offering. I still find it weird they only gave a 1/2 person charge but if the 3rd person's free like you think it might be, then we might jump on this!

Do not wait. Call now. You will reach voice mail. They call back in the order that people have called in. If you wait to call, more people may get ahead of you and the offer might no longer be available to you.

@FLCruise7 - sounds like you got a great deal on the suite, congrats!

There is no extra charge for the third. We had three in a room and only had to pay for two to upgrade.

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2018 at 1:18 AM, caribill said:

Do not wait. Call now. You will reach voice mail. They call back in the order that people have called in. If you wait to call, more people may get ahead of you and the offer might no longer be available to you.

I just called about an upsell and left a message.

The voicemail at Princess said they are in the office from 7am.

Does anyone know if that's California time or Eastern?

(We're in the Eastern time zone and 7am here is 10 in California and I have to go out at 10)

Not sure if it's such a bargain. It's for the Pacific Princess, 14 day New Years - BD to mini for $699/pp.

The only mini showing available is in a good location (we've sailed in the cabin next door before) and the minis on the Pacific are significantly larger than the regular cabins so we might take it just for the space.

Edited by chamima

1 hour ago, chamima said:

I just called about an upsell and left a message.

The voicemail at Princess said they are in the office from 7am.

Does anyone know if that's California time or Eastern?

(We're in the Eastern time zone and 7am here is 10 in California and I have to go out at 10)

Not sure if it's such a bargain. It's for the Pacific Princess, 14 day New Years - BD to mini for $699/pp.

The only mini showing available is in a good location (we've sailed in the cabin next door before) and the minis on the Pacific are significantly larger than the regular cabins so we might take it just for the space.

It's 7 am Pacific time so California time. 

Keep your cell phone call if that's what you gave them and just bring the cabin number your want.  If they can't reach you, they will leave a message and tell you to call back. 

21 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

It's 7 am Pacific time so California time. 

Keep your cell phone call if that's what you gave them and just bring the cabin number your want.  If they can't reach you, they will leave a message and tell you to call back. 

Thanks!

Do they call even if the offer has been filled?

(The email from my TA came yesterday but I didn't see it until this morning)

1 hour ago, chamima said:

Thanks!

Do they call even if the offer has been filled?

(The email from my TA came yesterday but I didn't see it until this morning)

I'm not honestly sure, I always got the upsell when I called.  

Good luck and I hope you get the call back!  

8 minutes ago, chamima said:

He FINALLY called back.

Got the cabin.

It's almost 24 hours since my TA's original email went out and 7 hours since I responded.

I was sure it was gone.

Glad you got the upsell you wanted. Sometimes they go very quickly. I once got a call at work from my TA saying there were several cabins available for me as an upsell. I said to go for it. He called back and said there was only one left when he called so he booked it and, if I didn't like the cabin, we could go back to our original cabin if we did it right away. I just thanked him and we loved the cabin. In fact, we are sailing in that same cabin again very soon. :classic_smile:

On October 19th we made a spur of the moment decision to take a 10 day Christmas cruise on the Crown Princess and I booked a balcony (we prefer a mini but I was feeling guilty about the last minute decision to spend so much money) on-line (usually I book cruises up to a year and a half in advance with my TA).  We got the last balcony cabin available on Caribe deck (C104), category BE for $1229 p/p.  This past Friday at 6:15 pm (EDT) I received an upsell offer to a mini-suite for $129 p/p.  I left a message and was called back on Monday morning at almost noon.  We accepted D523, category MB, that was being advertised on the website for $2,449.

36 minutes ago, TracieABD said:

Royal- 11/24- Caribbean

Booked an IF- upgraded to an IB (sideways interior).

Upsell offer for DB (Deluxe balcony- midship/ mid deck) for $99 pp.

Totally took the deal!

No brainer! Congrats Tracie!