Hurricane Irma Watch

Mil 8, are you related to BUU? If not I suggest the two of you hook up because all the two of you do is bicker with every poster on these boards. Or better yet lock yourselves in a forum together and go at it and leave everyone else alone.

No I am not. But some of you who don't understand or live with Hurricanes are driving the fear. In Florida, you run from the surge and bunker down for the wind. People on social media are causing gas to be gone and clogged highways. Only Zones A and B and some few C's have been asked to evacuate, and to only an inland area, not Georgia or other places. Your hype is leading to the problem!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep, but the Yankees out of harms way KNOW what's going on HERE. Got to love it.

Love the generalizations. But this is the new American way, find a way to pit one group against another. Tomorrow my house will probably be in the same condition that it is in today. Tonight I will be providing medical coverage at our high school football game. Yes, my life is not terribly disrupted right now but I have been thinking about Florida and the Caribbean quite frequently and have nothing but empathy for everyone down there. And I don't really care much what you think about us Yankees.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Marine Traffic shows an armada of ships heading southwest right now, big ships, little ships and all kinds of boats, all fleeing the storm, pretty neat.

I just check it out. I put my cursor over one of the ships and the Name came up... Norwegian Escape.... the name seemed so appropriate.

The post said that those markings are seen on highways in Texas. And they are.

And I saw Hurricane Evacuation route signs (actual signs, not road markings) on roads in FL this summer.

Is there a current active storm heading for Texas. ?? Not to mention the title was Irma...

No I am not. But some of you who don't understand or live with Hurricanes are driving the fear. In Florida, you run from the surge and bunker down for the wind. People on social media are causing gas to be gone and clogged highways. Only Zones A and B and some few C's have been asked to evacuate, and to only an inland area, not Georgia or other places. Your hype is leading to the problem!!

So the hype on some cruise message board or other social media outlets from non hurricane experts is causing hurricane experts to impulse buy gas in FL?

I've enjoyed the updates in this thread and pray for the folks affected by these storms, however Im not buying your post. The size of this incoming storm has forced people to relocate and that and its trickle down affect has caused people to impulse buy, and rightfully so. If I were in Southern FL, I'd fill my vehicle up every time I dropped a quarter of a tank (if I could)!

Nobody knows the immediate action to these storms like you folks in hurricane alley. Nothing a foreigner, west coaster, mid westerner, or yankee says on any platform has any affect on your gas.

God Speed to y'all affected by this storm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the hype on some cruise message board or other social media outlets from non hurricane experts is causing hurricane experts to impulse buy gas in FL?

I've enjoyed the updates in this thread and pray for the folks affected by these storms, however Im not buying your post. The size of this incoming storm has forced people to relocate and that and its trickle down affect has caused people to impulse buy, and rightfully so. If I were in Southern FL, I'd fill my vehicle up every time I dropped a quarter of a tank (if I could)!

Nobody knows the immediate action to these storms like you folks in hurricane alley. Nothing a foreigner, west coaster, mid westerner, or yankee says on any platform has any affect on your gas.

God Speed to y'all affected by this storm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So impulse buying is cool with you. Our governor has asked to only fill one car that intended to evacuate and no gas cans. You have better ideas?

I assume the picture on the left is the after pic? Looks like there is less vegetation on the south end of the island and a little less around the pond in the northern quadrant?

I'm not sure those aerial pics really show the true devastation of the island but thank you for sharing them. [emoji106]

This isn't a great picture. If you saw the real one on your screen, the pic on the left is obviously green. The pic on the right is obviously brown.

#FAKENEWS

You are going to get banned again TROY. I also heard on multiple channels that they plan to open up south bound lanes, and parts of Georgia is scheduled to evacuate tomorrow.

By the way BUU, your new signature is quite humorous to me.

I live feet from the Mason/Dixon line..........guess I'm sitting on the fence.

Looks like my SIL is about to loose her house again.

Stay safe all my Cruise Critic Family and Friends.

So impulse buying is cool with you. Our governor has asked to only fill one car that intended to evacuate and no gas cans. You have better ideas?

We never defined impulse buying, however, Im not talking about hoarding fuel, that is a different topic and not cool! But, keeping your vehicle(s) topped off and prepared for any change in the status quo with your families safety in mind seems acceptable. Again, you know what you need, I have no idea what you need.

It appears the States at least try to regulate hoarding by not allowing gas cans to be filled!

This being said, it appears very little procrastination among residents took place (as it applies to fuel), and everyone went for the fuel stations within the same 24-48 hour period. My guess is that fueling stations probably sold more fuel over 48 hours then they sell in a week or longer. What drove you and your neighbors to buy extra gas most likely had very little to do with what was said by anyone from outside the area.

I'm sure long before Al gore invented the internet, fuel impulse buying took place in preparation for a big storms such as this. Back then we didn't have a filling station on every corner and families generally only had 2 cars as well. Different times!

God Speed my friend, I truly hope you and your family are safe!

Edited by BOLTFISH

This isn't a great picture. If you saw the real one on your screen, the pic on the left is obviously green. The pic on the right is obviously brown.

I don't see it. Any others see trees torn down in these two pictures? I see a cloud cover in the one on the left. One can't compare construction on these islands to our construction codes here in the US.

You are going to get banned again TROY. I also heard on multiple channels that they plan to open up south bound lanes, and parts of Georgia is scheduled to evacuate tomorrow.

By the way BUU, your new signature is quite humorous to me.

I live feet from the Mason/Dixon line..........guess I'm sitting on the fence.

Looks like my SIL is about to loose her house again.

Stay safe all my Cruise Critic Family and Friends.

Get banned again??

So you believe the news media?

CONCERNED ABOUT IRMA

We are scheduled on Harmony Of The Seas on 9/22 out of Ft. Lauderdale to St. Thomas , San Juan and Labadee. I'm concerned about not only how hard it may be to get into Ft. Lauderdale after Irma but also how bad of shape the islands will be in after this . If Royal changes our itinerary will they email you or text you ? How will you know ?

Looking for info thank you

CONCERNED ABOUT IRMA

We are scheduled on Harmony Of The Seas on 9/22 out of Ft. Lauderdale to St. Thomas , San Juan and Labadee. I'm concerned about not only how hard it may be to get into Ft. Lauderdale after Irma but also how bad of shape the islands will be in after this . If Royal changes our itinerary will they email you or text you ? How will you know ?

Looking for info thank you

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Royal should contact you by email or phone if your itinerary changes. Also keep checking this link to see the itinerary change portion of their website:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/itineraryUpdates.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=3&snav=10