Hurricane Irma Watch

CONCERNED ABOUT IRMA

We are scheduled on Harmony Of The Seas on 9/22 out of Ft. Lauderdale to St. Thomas , San Juan and Labadee. I'm concerned about not only how hard it may be to get into Ft. Lauderdale after Irma but also how bad of shape the islands will be in after this . If Royal changes our itinerary will they email you or text you ? How will you know ?

Looking for info thank you

Someone posted that their tour in St. Thomas in Oct, on a Celebrity ship was canceled.

It was asked a way back if anyone is refusing to evacuate the Keys, the complete 10 person staff, and their 56 polydactylic cats, are staying behind in the Hemmingway House Museum located on Key West.. It is located 16 feet above the Atlantic, and is made of 18 inch thick limestone blocks. I hope there are survivors.

Edited by married man

I'm on the west coast of Florida, north of Tampa near Crystal River. I gassed up my car Tuesday afternoon, when the lines were only two cars deep at each pump. Those short lines were short lived. Lots of people were filling up gas cans. This wasn't impulse buying fueled by media. This was storm preparedness as that gas would be needed to run generators if power went out.

By Thursday, most local stations were out but the few that had gas had lines that just went on and on.

Northbound US-19 was slow-moving bumper to bumper with the exodus from southwestern Floridians who used it as an alternative to clogged I-75. I understand it was still backed up this morning but don't know latest.

And now, with Irma's more westerly track, things are looking worse for this coast. But there is no certainty with Irma so everyone who hasn't got out of Dodge (ALL of Florida) needs to keep watch.

Stay safe.

Prayers.

~ Judy

Anyone know which cruise line disembarked passengers today in Miami?

I heard that they disembarked and was told to find a way home.

Carnival Victory got in last night and told people they had to be off in morning. I don't think they allows guests to choose to stay on. Not sure what they did with b2b

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Royal should contact you by email or phone if your itinerary changes. Also keep checking this link to see the itinerary change portion of their website:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/itineraryUpdates.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=3&snav=10

Thank you I saw this but there is nothing on there about my specific cruise. Will keep monitoring . From what Im hearing St. Thomas is destroyed so Im curious if anyone can give me feed back on San Juan and Labadee this weekend . If the are as bad I wont even get off the boat .

Carnival Victory got in last night and told people they had to be off in morning. I don't think they allows guests to choose to stay on. Not sure what they did with b2b

The Sept.8 cruise was cancelled, so I assume the B2B had to also get off as there was no next segment anymore.

Thank you I saw this but there is nothing on there about my specific cruise. Will keep monitoring . From what Im hearing St. Thomas is destroyed so Im curious if anyone can give me feed back on San Juan and Labadee this weekend . If the are as bad I wont even get off the boat .

St Thomas is heavily damaged but the Havensight port area seems intact. That doesn't mean they'll be taking ships anytime soon. Still, the island isn't destroyed, per se, not in the Barbuda sense.

https://videopress.com/v/kjHPP3lg

Last I read a lot of Puerto Rico was without power.

Thinking of and praying for everyone in Irma's path. This is terrible, I feel for everyone in the Caribbean and Florida.

Thanks for all the posts of updates.

Anyone know where the empty ships are? Just out at sea? Wondering where Majesty is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know where the empty ships are? Just out at sea? Wondering where Majesty is...

Some of them are carrying employees - I believe Enchantment. Some offered guests additional days to stay if they couldn't get home safely. They all went west to avoid the hurricane. I thought this article was kind of interesting -- https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2017/09/05/hurricane-irma-scatters-cruise-ships-caribbean/632658001/

Thinking of and praying for everyone in Irma's path. This is terrible, I feel for everyone in the Caribbean and Florida.

Thanks for all the posts of updates.

Many are seeking shelter on the south side of Cuba.