Hurricane Irma Watch

Really? You can tell this how? Are you onsite? Yes they got hit hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seriously, you need to back away from your computer!

Mil 8, are you related to BUU? If not I suggest the two of you hook up because all the two of you do is bicker with every poster on these boards. Or better yet lock yourselves in a forum together and go at it and leave everyone else alone.

Excellent suggestion, those two need to get their own board.

St Thomas is heavily damaged but the Havensight port area seems intact. That doesn't mean they'll be taking ships anytime soon. Still, the island isn't destroyed, per se, not in the Barbuda sense.

https://videopress.com/v/kjHPP3lg

Last I read a lot of Puerto Rico was without power.

Thanks for the link. It was at least a bit encouraging to see cars driving on the roads.

Thinking of and praying for everyone in Irma's path. This is terrible, I feel for everyone in the Caribbean and Florida.

Thanks for all the posts of updates.

Anyone know where the empty ships are? Just out at sea? Wondering where Majesty is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Stacy. Nice to see you here!

I remind myself what it was like to watch Houston deal with Harvey. Then I was sitting in my pool tonight, watching the stars and realizing what is coming tomorrow. It's kind of sad. The calm before the storm is tragically beautiful. To all the South Florida peeps on here, let's get through this!!!!!!

Hi :) thanks so much! Hope you are doing well?

Haven't been cruising, but wanted to check in, thinking of all the people affected by this storm- awful!

Hi Stacy. :)

I keep checking this thread too. I moved out of the Keys last year, but I'm still worried sick. They're going to be devastated. :(

I keep checking this thread too. I moved out of the Keys last year, but I'm still worried sick. They're going to be devastated. :(

A day ago, it moved east. Keys would get whacked but not devastated. Now moved back west.... the Keys may get absolutely destroyed I don't want to suffer, but man, I almost want to take the hit. God I hope this somehow ends up not being as bad as it looks to be....

Paul, nice to hear from you. I was particularly interested in your posts, I knew you'd be extra worried and have some insight. We are very worried about the keys, too. Miami as well.

I read somewhere, not sure if true, that there are a bunch of people staying in the Hemingway House.

Not smart....

TWC will gove the NHC update in a little while.

BNBR! It's going to be bad bad.

It keeps moving west. We'll see when I wake up tomorrow. We are buttoned up and waiting for the disaster, but I'd prefer a miss!

Until it turns........ Nobody seems to know when that's going to happen. We are hoping and praying it takes it's time.

5db1b8ff24069d0106bedabecc29a222.jpg

Tampa is going to get a direct hit.

Sent from Middle Earth.

About six weeks ago the Washington Post ran an article that now seems unhappily prescient: Tampa Bay's Coming Storm (https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.637464a3d7b5). "The area is due for a major hurricane and it is not prepared. If a big one scores a direct hit, the damage would likely surpass Katrina."

Hi again--I'm the one who mentioned family members in Marathon and Key West. My alcoholic uncle is almost certainly down there. I'm sure you know the Keys types who don't evacuate (my parents rode out their canal-adjacent home in Marathon for Wilma's storm surge) and I'm sure he's holed up somewhere with a bottle. I could never get my parents to evacuate when they should have, so no way he's going anywhere.

My father did work on a lot of the Key West resorts, including restoration work at the Hemingway house. He passed away earlier this year, and while I didn't have much relationship with him (I mentioned to you in another thread that my family isn't much into being law-abiding), I can't help but think of him every time they mention the Hemingway House people staying through the storm with all the cats. Just seems like the Keys in a nutshell.

It keeps moving west. We'll see when I wake up tomorrow. We are buttoned up and waiting for the disaster, but I'd prefer a miss!

Until it turns........ Nobody seems to know when that's going to happen. We are hoping and praying it takes it's time.

It is right on track. Turn expected tomorrow morning.

Never seen those marking on any highway. We see bikes route markings all the time. Post a picture of one in Florida. This is not NOLA.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I live in south Florida (Broward County) and there are definitely Hurricane Evacuation signs. I'm not savvy enough to post a picture of the signs in Florida but all you need to do is google them. Also go to Wikipedia and there is an entire article on hurricane evacuation signs and the states that use them - including Florida!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_evacuation_route