A Disgrace. Shame on carnival

nursemom2

We are trying to board the Splendor. We have been in a non moving line for 2.5 hours There is probably 750 people in this room with no food or water . People are now sitting on the floors, and I wish I could print what they are saying

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359932537.676183.jpg.a87db5467b0a53425b7a35514026cec5.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359932484.987954.jpg.11df23fb6a9eb9062d5c6536328ed25a.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359932517.813156.jpg.6044cd6448c8218b817ecf95116f49b6.jpg

Sorry to see this

But it could be an issue that Carnival has no control over. They want you on board quickly as possible. Something happened and there could be a reason they are not going to say anything.

DO NOT LET THIS GET YOU IN A BAD MOOD FOR YOUR CRUISE. Or this vacation will be ruined before it starts. You will get on board, just relax and think of all the fun you will soon be having.

We are trying to board the Splendor. We have been in a non moving line for 2.5 hours There is probably 750 people in this room with no food or water . People are now sitting on the floors, and I wish I could print what they are saying

I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I hope you can board soon. hang in there.

The problem most likely is they are doing a thorough check to make sure that every passenger has the documentation they need. It's a pain in the behind, but it is a necessary evil one has to deal with when visas are requires. I bet there are some passengers who don't have proper documentation.

[ATTACH]259336[/ATTACH][ATTACH]259337[/ATTACH][ATTACH]259338[/ATTACH]

While I agree that it would be very frustrating to be sitting around waiting I don't understand the food/water comment. If you are traveling with for example a diabetic or small child I would think you would be prepared with snacks and a drink. Otherwise I don't get why an adult can't go two hours without a drink or food.

While I agree that it would be very frustrating to be sitting around waiting I don't understand the food/water comment. If you are traveling with for example a diabetic or small child I would think you would be prepared with snacks and a drink. Otherwise I don't get why an adult can't go two hours without a drink or food.

When I was a new traveler, I learned the hard way to always carry snacks and my own water with me in case of delays. Stuck in an airport in Mexico for hours (5 or 6 hours) and afraid to get out of line except to use the restroom, wasn't fun. Now, I always travel with granola bars and/or chips, or a pb&j sandwich on whole wheat, glucose tablets, and a vacuum thermos with ice water. Not much comfort to the OP after the fact, but having once been in the position that the OP is currently in, I know how they feel. But, I also feel that travelers cannot necessarily expect the cruise line or airline to provide them with food or drink due to delays. Travel itineraries have never been carved in stone, and one must be prepared for delays and the unexpected. This is something I'd not considered when I first started traveling.

When I was a new traveler, I learned the hard way to always carry snacks and my own water with me in case of delays. Stuck in an airport in Mexico for hours (5 or 6 hours) and afraid to get out of line except to use the restroom, wasn't fun. Now, I always travel with granola bars and/or chips, or a pb&j sandwich on whole wheat, glucose tablets, and a vacuum thermos with ice water. Not much comfort to the OP after the fact, but having once been in the position that the OP is currently in, I know how they feel. But, I also feel that travelers cannot necessarily expect the cruise line or airline to provide them with food or drink due to delays. Travel itineraries have never been carved in stone, and one must be prepared for delays and the unexpected. This is something I'd not considered when I first started traveling.

You carry a thermos full of water thru the airport? What trick do you use to get that past security?

We just got off the Splendor this morning after 15 days to Hawaii and back. Embarkation and disembarkation were both a NIGHTMARE! Long Beach seems to be a bit behind in the organization it takes to load and unload a big ship. Also, there were 1500 people on our cruise we were told who were staying on board for the next leg of the Splendor's trip back to the east coast. I believe that a certain number of these bookings were made on board. If the visas were an issue for this cruise, sounds like there might be quite a few passengers who DON'T have them. Could be partly involved in the delay. I can tell those of you who might be still waiting to board that the dining room and room steward's staff will make the trip very enjoyable once you do get on. Chin up!!!

Archived