Celebrity's IT Department Poll

kcvillager

What do you think of X's IT Department?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of X's IT Department?

• Fire them all.
    • Get rid of the person in charge.
    • Hire a new contractor.
    • They will work through their problems.
    • They are not that bad.
    • Top It Dept. in the industry.

Did "not" show up when I first opened this thread

Not that unusual...

When you create a Poll Question, it typically is made by the OP in two parts... The opening box (where the Q goes, title of the Topic on CC) and then the Poll itself.

As the Poll is more time consuming to build, that part usually shows up later once the Builder has perfected it.

--- --- ---

As for my own vote...

I have to say I fully agree that Celebrity's Website BARELY meets any sort of basic threshold (written info)

The interactive bits go from disappointing to disasterous !!

And has been this way since I first checked them out in 2011 (others here on CC says true for years & years)

Like others I cannot understand what =X= or parent Royal Caribbean are thinking ???

This has definitely got to be affecting their Bottom Line (Extra Sales of things like Excursions - Bevvy Pkgs etc). As well as attracting / keeping New Customers who want to make bookings.

All of that relates directly back to Customer Satisfaction...

Cannot believe that NO ONE seems to take it seriously.

Cheers!

Ps... Wish that this had been a multiple choice poll... Something very satisfying about ticking the boxes... Hire a New Contractor - Get rid of the Person in Charge - Fire them all !!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Not that unusual...

When you create a Poll Question, it typically is made by the OP in two parts... The opening box (where the Q goes, title of the Topic on CC) and then the Poll itself.

As the Poll is more time consuming to build, that part usually shows up later once the Builder has perfected it.

--- --- ---

As for my own vote...

I have to say I fully agree that Celebrity's Website BARELY meets any sort of basic threshold (written info)

The interactive bits go from disappointing to disasterous !!

And has been this way since I first checked them out in 2011 (others here on CC says true for years & years)

Like others I cannot understand what =X= or parent Royal Caribbean are thinking ???

This has definitely got to be affecting their Bottom Line (Extra Sales of things like Excursions - Bevvy Pkgs etc). As well as attracting / keeping New Customers who want to make bookings.

All of that relates directly back to Customer Satisfaction...

Cannot believe that NO ONE seems to take it seriously.

Cheers!

Ps... Wish that this had been a multiple choice poll... Something very satisfying about ticking the boxes... Hire a New Contractor - Get rid of the Person in Charge - Fire them all !!

The bit I've highlighted is so true. I've just booked my first X cruise and after fighting with the site for hours nearly just gave up and went with someone else, since then nothing but trouble with anything I've tried to do with them on the net. If the cruise isn't above what I've been used to [and I mean substantially above] it will also probably be my last X cruise and it seems like they don't give a rats.

1. Get rid of the person in charge
  2. Fire them all
  3. Get a new contractor
  4. Make a public apology to Celebrity fans who have put up with this fiasco.
  5. Admit on your fb page that there is a problem.
  6. Stop advertising that you have an award winning platform.

1. Get rid of the person in charge
  2. Fire them all
  3. Get a new contractor
  4. Make a public apology to Celebrity fans who have put up with this fiasco.
  5. Admit on your fb page that there is a problem.
  6. Stop advertising that you have an award winning platform.

In order for that to happen, you have to have an executive who understands there is a problem. Sadly, it seems that executive doesn't exist in celebrity's top management. Until it clearly effects the bottom line, the booked passenger part of the site will apparently get minimal focus and all changes will continue to be on the marketing side of the site.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They basically are useless

Fire them all

I have been trying for a month to register a new cruise we are taking, to no avail.

They are aware if the problem , but can't seem to do ANYTHING to fix problem, nor will they answer my emails. I told them I want a real answer, not a computer generated general answer.

Hence, no answer.

It's scarey

Helaine

Fire them all

I have been trying for a month to register a new cruise we are taking, to no avail.

They are aware if the problem , but can't seem to do ANYTHING to fix problem, nor will they answer my emails. I told them I want a real answer, not a computer generated general answer.

Hence, no answer.

It's scarey

Helaine

I had the same issue... Adding a cruise to My Celebrity has been an ongoing struggle for the last month.

Lol, got frustrated and just stopped trying everyday... And got on with the rest of my day / life (although I wasn't in a big panic as this cruise happens Spring 2015)

Finally someone the other night on CC said they had success... So I went back in... And luck would have it I must have hit that brief window too, cause it worked.

But that was it... Could not do anything else (like book Specialty Dining, etc)

So my best advice...

Hang in there... And if you read on CC that someone else got lucky, be sure & try again

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Fire them all

Hence, no answer.

It's scarey

Helaine

Now now, wait your turn:D there are only a million or so email's in front of your:rolleyes:

I wonder if anyone at Celebrity or RCL is reading this poll.

The sad part is Miami truly thinks all is okie dokie in Kansas.

Our Son is a Jayhawk, KU grad, still lives in the area, and has friends that work in the call center. A group of the IT folks from Miami were there. Few weeks ago and had meetings with various groups. The reps told them about some of the problems we call in about, and they experience too.

Bottom line, they were told they just didn't know how to properly use the system, there are no major bugs in the program.

Don't look for a fix anytime soon, cause Miami does not think it needs one.

Wow...must be operator error, blame the users!

Odd thing is that sometimes it works Ok...very erratic! But it is not user error.

Maybe the Celebrity Official who reads cc could print a list for the IT dept..to work on.

Do shareholders get to bring up issues ? Wonder if they could be a strong voice?

Last week my husband was sent an email, inviting him to apply for Preview status- he & I are both Elite!!!:eek:

I am continually sent emails for a Classic member, who has the same 1st name- I am Elite.

Edited by upwarduk

I had the same issue... Adding a cruise to My Celebrity has been an ongoing struggle for the last month.....

Cheers!

The fact that you even HAVE to add a cruise to My Celebrity is a joke. They know you've booked a cruise & they should add it automatically. We booked a Princess cruise with an on line TA, & the next day it was listed on My Princess. When I filled out the boarding info, most of our info was pre entered, including our passport #s, even though we hadn't cruise with Priness for 3 years. With Celebrity, every bit of info has to be re added every time you cruise.

What do you think of the IT Department at X?

There are clearly problems and issues! BUT, so what else is new with or different from many other websites with such a wide variety of details, info, options, potentials, audience interests, etc.? I checked the box for how they will work through it. It's a pain for customers. Always issues. BUT, here at Cruise Critic and at other places, there are quirks and mess-ups, at times. Nothing is perfect and/or always smooth at big, diverse websites. Am I too kind and understanding?

AND, we don't how much is the direct fault of the IT department versus others in management who fiddle around, create problems for the tech people?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 74,979 views for this fun posting.

We do.

Appreciate this "official" follow-up and that somebody is listening. Keep flogging the horse!! Technology can be great when it works well, but there are always "bumps on the roads".

Did a “Solstice: Visuals, Highlights Shared!” summary from two different adventures on this ship with many pictures and other details on its many options. This includes our recent Australia to New Zealand sailing. Check it out, including these recent updates, at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1803477

Now at 23,914 views for this posting.

Appreciate this "official" follow-up and that somebody is listening. Keep flogging the horse!! Technology can be great when it works well, but there are always "bumps on the roads".

These are a little more than bumps in the road and have been going on for months and months.

But the biggest factor, IMHO, is in their quest for cost cutting (cheap back- and front-end development costs), the amount of revenue the line is losing through bookings, enhancements such as shore excursions, specialty dining packages, liquor packages and more, is breathtaking.

I think it is known as penny wise and pound foolish. Unfortunately, that is the trend of much of corporate business today.

There are clearly problems and issues! BUT, so what else is new with or different from many other websites with such a wide variety of details, info, options, potentials, audience interests, etc.? I checked the box for how they will work through it. It's a pain for customers. Always issues. BUT, here at Cruise Critic and at other places, there are quirks and mess-ups, at times. Nothing is perfect and/or always smooth at big, diverse websites. Am I too kind and understanding?

AND, we don't how much is the direct fault of the IT department versus others in management who fiddle around, create problems for the tech people?

Personally, I think you are too kind... ;)

I can think of many very large online retailer's websites that do not have any of the problems that X's does. If their websites worked like X's, they wouldn't be the giant, successful, and very lucrative enterprises that they are now.

I still couldn't believe it when you couldn't even book cruises through their web site due to a web site error for over two weeks, a couple of months back.

While the majority of bookings still come through a TA, that would have been a revenue hit.

Yet when you talked to them, they didn't even acknowledge the specific issue, let alone get a timeframe for fixing it. They just said you could call up to book, during their very limited business hours, in a 'must be your problem, not ours' kind of way.

And contacting the addresses referred to here didn't result in any response either. Again, for such a major issue, you'd expect an immediate response and swift resolution, as well as an apology. But nada. Far from best practice in a number of ways.

Edited by The_Big_M

Personally, I think you are too kind... ;) I can think of many very large online retailer's websites that do not have any of the problems that X's does. If their websites worked like X's, they wouldn't be the giant, successful, and very lucrative enterprises that they are now.

Appreciate these follow-ups and you could be 100% correct that I am being too kind. As I think more on the various comments made, my sense is that Celebrity, like many other businesses, is very torn on their future sales model versus their past traditions. Many cruise lines (and insurance companies, etc.) have been tied to the "old way" of placing THE priority and money on "agents" and/or people calling into them via 800 numbers.

NOW, the Internet has changed things so much. BUT, how do you adjust and value the web versus the traditional ways that business came into them? Insurance, retail, travel, etc., are all battling these questions. And many for the management in charge of navigating these questions, many of the current leaders came from the old "sales" world.

Not easy figuring our their priorities and trying to keep the travel agents and internal staff happy with business as usual based on the "traditional" models. Versus how much in resources and staff into making the web better. At Amazon, they were built originally all around the web. Not a business model about "agents" and traditional sales practices.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 182,696 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474