Private parking at Cape Liberty Bayonne

Hi all,

We will be driving to Cape Liberty for a March 26 Anthem cruise. I understand that you can park for $20 a day at the port. But I have heard that there are private parking operations that are less expensive. We are staying overnight with a cousin very close to the port, so I'm not looking for a hotel room/park package. I've heard of this company: http://www.bayonnecruiseparking.com, which looks like it's about half the price of port parking. Has anyone had any experience with this company or another? Pros? Cons? Of note is that I am traveling with my 3-year-old, so not having access to a child seat, even if it's only for a short trip, would be a deal breaker for me if the transportation to port would be in a smallish van where one should be wearing a seat belt.

Thanks!

How about you throw some $ to your cousin to drop you off?

Have thought of this, but she'd have to also be home to pick us up, which is not a safe bet since she travels so much for work. And sounds like she'd get stuck in a bunch of traffic to get us to the drop off point. Have also thought of a cab or uber, but it's not practical bc of the car seat issue. I don't care to drag one with us on the boat if we aren't going to need it on the trip.

And sounds like she'd get stuck in a bunch of traffic to get us to the drop off point.

You can probably avoid that if you arrive off peak - like 2PM. Other than parking at the port or your cousin drop you off, any other travel permutation will involve the car seat.

Hi all,

We will be driving to Cape Liberty for a March 26 Anthem cruise. I understand that you can park for $20 a day at the port. But I have heard that there are private parking operations that are less expensive. We are staying overnight with a cousin very close to the port, so I'm not looking for a hotel room/park package. I've heard of this company: http://www.bayonnecruiseparking.com, which looks like it's about half the price of port parking. Has anyone had any experience with this company or another? Pros? Cons? Of note is that I am traveling with my 3-year-old, so not having access to a child seat, even if it's only for a short trip, would be a deal breaker for me if the transportation to port would be in a smallish van where one should be wearing a seat belt.

Thanks!

We have used some of these parking places.It is true that is cheaper,but the last time the attendants were 2 girls they were rude,because we like topark the car myself dont like anyone to drive my car

On the RC caribbean you park your car then you walk to the terminal if you want.The other one you wait then they take you to the terminal loading and onloading suitcases,on the way back you wait to be pick up loading onloading then you get to your car

Remenber when you waiting could be cold.The RC get off walk to your car. Its up you what you like.We prefer the RC park,by the way they expect a tip on the other one {not RC}

Enjoy your cruise...

Park at the port.

There are insurance and liability concerns with the offsite parking, which has operated under a variety of names over the years. It is currently offering parking under multiple names. It's also not a real parking operation since it's only open on cruise dates. In between your car just sits in a storage warehouse lot. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2411555&highlight=Caveat

I wouldn't expect any kind of car seat to be available. If you want other opinions, post on the East Coast Departures board.

Park at the port.

There are insurance and liability concerns with the offsite parking, which has operated under a variety of names over the years. It is currently offering parking under multiple names. It's also not a real parking operation since it's only open on cruise dates. In between your car just sits in a storage warehouse lot. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2411555&highlight=Caveat

I wouldn't expect any kind of car seat to be available. If you want other opinions, post on the East Coast Departures board.

I agree. Parking at the port is the safest and most convenient way to go. The parking deck is right next to the terminal.

Park at the port.

How quickly folks forget about walking back to their cars at the port and finding they were covered in fresh paint.

There are NO guarantees when parking at the port or off site.

How quickly folks forget about walking back to their cars at the port and finding they were covered in fresh paint.

There are NO guarantees when parking at the port or off site.

There is now a coverage garage for parking which opened October 22, 2015. So no worries about paint over spray unless you park all the way at the top which is uncovered.

We used this parking facility last September when we did the Anthem. Actually got a better discount using the Park Whiz app (we frequently park in Manhattan). No issue whatsoever.

I doubt that there would be car seats for your toddler. That could be a deal breaker if I were in your shoes.

Otherwise they were just fine and we saved about $80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Thanks!

A few years ago this lot was operated under the name of Premier Parking. At the time, I had 3 cruises from Bayonne scheduled within 14 months. In an attempt to save money, I used this lot on the first of the three cruises. I wrote a review on the East Coast board. Based on my experience, my advice to you is stay away!!!

You expressed concern about a child seat. I can tell you that the vehicles used to transport cruises from their lot to the cruise port and back are not registered with the state department of transportation. Every other shuttle van that I saw, while waiting for Premier's van, had dot numbers. My belief is that this operator rents vehicles on the day ships arrive and depart. The lot is within a self storage facility. The lot that cruisers cars are parked is NOT secured while the self storage facility is open.

Please find and read my review for further details on how they misrepresented themselves and what they did to us cruisers who were waiting for their shuttle van to appear on disembarkation day.

Meadowlander - I think this is your original review.

138east... I have a serious question...

For many years now (not an exaggeration) you have been trashing the off site parking location in Bayonne with accusations and innuendo. You have ranted and raved against them.

I have a simple question... why? It seems like something more than a simple bad experience. Please share your motives so a true evaluation of the veracity of your posts can be made.

138east... I have a serious question...

For many years now (not an exaggeration) you have been trashing the off site parking location in Bayonne with accusations and innuendo. You have ranted and raved against them.

I have a simple question... why? It seems like something more than a simple bad experience. Please share your motives so a true evaluation of the veracity of your posts can be made.

"138east" is a provider of very valuable and appreciated advice on Cruise Critic. One area of her expertise is Cape Liberty. She is a vast well of information and has helped many many people.

She has no ulterior motives. You are WAY off-base. Many people, including meadowlander here on this thread, have horror stories about this company.

"138east" is a provider of very valuable and appreciated advice on Cruise Critic. One area of her expertise is Cape Liberty. She is a vast well of information and has helped many many people.

She has no ulterior motives. You are WAY off-base. Many people, including meadowlander here on this thread, have horror stories about this company.

MM - I totally disagree with your comment and am disappointed in your personal attack. New cruisers are seriously looking for ways to save money when parking at the port in Bayonne. I am an "old" cruiser looking to do the same. Over many, many years, I have read the posts from 123 which attack this parking facility with charges regarding licensing, government regulation, insurance, etc.. Are they true? I don't know but no proof has been given that I am aware of. I am simply asking why 123 seems to be fixated on this issue. My question is not "WAY off base" and deserves an honest answer. If one is given, I will be the first to say "okay, now I understand." Meanwhile, folks are paying ridiculous prices to park at the port and deserve to honestly evaluate alternatives..

MM - I totally disagree with your comment and am disappointed in your personal attack. New cruisers are seriously looking for ways to save money when parking at the port in Bayonne. I am an "old" cruiser looking to do the same. Over many, many years, I have read the posts from 123 which attack this parking facility with charges regarding licensing, government regulation, insurance, etc.. Are they true? I don't know but no proof has been given that I am aware of. I am simply asking why 123 seems to be fixated on this issue. My question is not "WAY off base" and deserves an honest answer. If one is given, I will be the first to say "okay, now I understand." Meanwhile, folks are paying ridiculous prices to park at the port and deserve to honestly evaluate alternatives..

I did not attack you. You attacked Carol.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/premier-parking-usa-port-liberty-bayonne

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2245077

https://www.mapquest.com/us/new-jersey/business-bayonne/premier-parking-usa-port-liberty-345644942

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2353174

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50449492&postcount=2183