CC Meet and Mingle - does Princess Automatically Post Event Princess Patters?

SonomaMist

Does any one know/recall if Princess will automatically post a CC Meet and Mingle each cruise? Just wanted to check before calling Princess to set one up for our cruise. Thanks!

Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle parties will be held on all Princess Cruises sailings. Please check the daily activities program, called Princess Patters, for notification regarding the day, location and time of the event. Should you wish to pre-arrange the Meet & Mingle for your sailing, please contact Princess Cruises Customer Service at 1-800-PRINCESS. Please make sure your efforts are coordinated so that only ONE person contacts Princess Cruises.

Does any one know/recall if Princess will automatically post a CC Meet and Mingle each cruise? Just wanted to check before calling Princess to set one up for our cruise. Thanks!

Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle parties will be held on all Princess Cruises sailings. Please check the daily activities program, called Princess Patters, for notification regarding the day, location and time of the event. Should you wish to pre-arrange the Meet & Mingle for your sailing, please contact Princess Cruises Customer Service at 1-800-PRINCESS. Please make sure your efforts are coordinated so that only ONE person contacts Princess Cruises.

FYI...On Princess it’s called Meet & Greet. I’ve never seen this event listed in the Patter. Personally I wouldn’t want it in the Patter as I don’t view it as an event where you just show up. It’s designed so other CC members can meet rather for the general public to show up.

Tom😎

Meet & Greet is not organized by Princess. It is set up on the Roll Call and coordinated by a volunteer member of the Roll Call. That volunteer coordinates with Princess for its planned activities and sends out invitation to onboard officers thru the Customer Relations onboard, if a gathering of Roll Call members is intended to be held.

I have not seen any activities, like the Meet & Greet, posted on the Patter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Where did you find that blurb you copied and pasted? It seems badly out of date. On Cruise Critic? Surely not on the Princess website.

As expressed above Princess usually does not list members-only or by-invitation group functions in the Patter. And in my opinion should not be expected to.

“Meet & Mingle” get-togethers via Cruise Critic are arranged for Royal Caribbean and Celebrity cruises per an agreement between Cruise Critic and RCI. Princess (and the other Carnival Corporation cruise lines) are not part of this agreement/arrangement.

On Princess cruises, get-togethers are arranged by passengers on the roll call. They volunteer to do so and contact Princess to make arrangements. No food or drinks are included unless the stranger pays for it although there is usually a cash bar.

“Meet & Mingle” get-togethers via Cruise Critic are arranged for Royal Caribbean and Celebrity cruises per an agreement between Cruise Critic and RCI. Princess (and the other Carnival Corporation cruise lines) are not part of this agreement/arrangement.

On Princess cruises, get-togethers are arranged by passengers on the roll call. They volunteer to do so and contact Princess to make arrangements. No food or drinks are included unless the stranger pays for it although there is usually a cash bar.

And when we have been part of it we invite senior officers to stop by and say hi.

On a couple of occasions at M&Gs I attended, somebody saw the sign for the CC M&G at the entrance to the venue where it was being held and decided since the name of the group was Cruise CRITIC, it must be the place to voice their negative issues and proceeded to do so. They were very surprised when an explanation of the name and sort of group it is was given, and quickly left the gathering!

I can only imagine how many complainers might show up if the M&Gs were listed in the Patter!!

On a couple of occasions at M&Gs I attended, somebody saw the sign for the CC M&G at the entrance to the venue where it was being held and decided since the name of the group was Cruise CRITIC, it must be the place to voice their negative issues and proceeded to do so. They were very surprised when an explanation of the name and sort of group it is was given, and quickly left the gathering!

I can only imagine how many complainers might show up if the M&Gs were listed in the Patter!!

Years back our M&G was put in the patter - "Cruise Critic Meet & Greet". We had to ask people to leave who showed up just to complain and boy were they ready to complain. Haven't seen it in the Patter in a long time. Lately, the sign at the entrance to wherever the M&G is held just reads "Private Function".

FYI...On Princess it’s called Meet & Greet. I’ve never seen this event listed in the Patter. Personally I wouldn’t want it in the Patter as I don’t view it as an event where you just show up. It’s designed so other CC members can meet rather for the general public to show up.

Tom😎

Exactly! It is NOT in the Patter and is only for those who signed up to the roll call for your sailing.

It's not open to just anyone on the ship.

Yes, we had that happen too. And then because my friend and my name were on as the hosts of the M & M, somehow they thought we "worked" for CC and were complaining to us!! LOL!

When you have an idea of how many from your Roll Call will be attending, call Princess to ask about arranging a M&M. They will assign a venue where you can hold your meeting before you sail. This way you can inform everyone on the Roll Call when and where! We have always invited some of the staff too....Capt. CD, Hotel Manager, etc. If you have invitations ready when you get onboard, you can check the patter for the names of the crew you want to invite and put those on the invites and give it to the Customer Service desk and tell them what it is and ask that they put them in the respective mailboxes.

Hope this helps.

Our very firsts Princess cruise was a Baltic cruise in 2007. We had a very small roll call and someone decided we should all meet for a breakfast, and almost all of us showed up.

There was also a meet and greet in the patter. I showed up and one other from the roll call plus one other who had not been on the roll call and said that cruisecritic would not accept his password. It was hosted by the cruise director, John Lawrence, (who I believe has since retired) and his wife. I later spoke to some of the others from the roll call and they said they had seen it in the patter, but did not take that posting seriously.

I have not seen one in the patter since then.

I volunteered to call Princess and after being on hold for half an hour, was told that since I booked with a travel agent, the travel agent would have to call to arrange the meet and greet. I tried telling the woman on the phone that was not the information that I had received, but she checked with her supervisor and would not budge. However, she did suggest that I purchase some chocolate covered strawberries or champagne.

I booked with an internet travel agent (who actually was very good- got us free prepaid gratuities and an upgrade post payment) and left a message with her, but haven't heard back yet and feel a bit bad about asking this of her. Its something that I should have been able to arrange.

So a heads up- have someone who booked directly with Princess arrange your meet and greet.

When you have an idea of how many from your Roll Call will be attending, call Princess to ask about arranging a M&M. They will assign a venue where you can hold your meeting before you sail. This way you can inform everyone on the Roll Call when and where! We have always invited some of the staff too....Capt. CD, Hotel Manager, etc. If you have invitations ready when you get onboard, you can check the patter for the names of the crew you want to invite and put those on the invites and give it to the Customer Service desk and tell them what it is and ask that they put them in the respective mailboxes.

Hope this helps.

FYY....Make sure you use the term “Meet & Greet “ since Princess doesn’t use the term Meet & Mingle.

Tom😎

I arranged the meet & greet for the Emerald last month. I booked thru a TA. I made the arrangements direct with princess. I have never had the problem you had. Did you call the person on the list for your ship? Or Princess.com?

I called the 800# for princess as instructed here. I didn't see any list for the ship. Luckily, my travel agent gave me the email for the person at Princess who arranges the group events and she got back to me and the meet and greet is now arranged.

I think I got a phone representative who just didn't want to do anything or even give me any information.

I volunteered to call Princess and after being on hold for half an hour, was told that since I booked with a travel agent, the travel agent would have to call to arrange the meet and greet. I tried telling the woman on the phone that was not the information that I had received, but she checked with her supervisor and would not budge. However, she did suggest that I purchase some chocolate covered strawberries or champagne.

I booked with an internet travel agent (who actually was very good- got us free prepaid gratuities and an upgrade post payment) and left a message with her, but haven't heard back yet and feel a bit bad about asking this of her. Its something that I should have been able to arrange.

So a heads up- have someone who booked directly with Princess arrange your meet and greet.

I am booked through a travel agent and I was able to organize a M&G no problem for members of my roll call.... Called up princess and they gave me the email of someone that is in charge of our ship. They have been super nice and keep in regular contact with them to let them know our numbers.

So might need to go a little more digging to get an email of someone for your ship