GEM to Bermuda 2019

biker@sea

:D

7-Day Bermuda, Round-trip Boston

SHIP Norwegian Gem

CRUISE PORTS EMBARK Boston (Massachusetts); Royal Naval Dockyard (Bermuda); DISEMBARK Boston (Massachusetts)

And Dawn to N.Y.C. for 2019

7-Day Bermuda, Round-trip New York

SHIP Norwegian Dawn

CRUISE PORTS EMBARK New York (New York); Royal Naval Dockyard(Bermuda); DISEMBARK New York (New York)

Edited by biker@sea

Just went on NCL.COM and saw that GEM, DAWN and ESACPE will be making the Bermuda runs in 2019. I was puzzled for a moment ... but went in to look at the dates.

GEM from Boston on Fridays and Escape from NYC on Sundays will making the runs from mid April to the end of October 2017, but the DAWN will be making just one run from NYC on Nov 2-9 2017.

I would love to go on the Escape but the GEM has good prices. Is the GEM a nice ship? Does it have a nice haven?

The Gem does have a nice Haven but it isn't anywhere near as large as Escape. Plus no bar in there (although there is a waiter for some hours and bars are not far away). It is a very quiet area compared to the newer ships. No restaurant for dinner either.

We do really like the Gem though. If you go with one of the DOS you have your own huge deck with a whirlpool.

The Gem does have a nice Haven but it isn't anywhere near as large as Escape. Plus no bar in there (although there is a waiter for some hours and bars are not far away). It is a very quiet area compared to the newer ships. No restaurant for dinner either.

We do really like the Gem though. If you go with one of the DOS you have your own huge deck with a whirlpool.

Is the Gem Spa like Dawn's only on the other end of the ship?

Is the Gem Spa like Dawn's only on the other end of the ship?

Not sure but I do recall being on Star/Dawn in gym and you can look down into the atrium for the spa. We aren't spa people so not sure but you are right on Gem the spa is in the front.

NCL Gem has a hap between September and end of October 2019.

Will this gap be filled still?

I hope she offers the Canada/NE sailings between Boston and Quebec, not only Bermuda, of she’s based on Boston.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure about Canada on her in September and October.... She doesn't have inside pool.

Right now Veendam/Maasdam and one of Radiance class of RCCL are doing Canada from Boston. Both have covered pools.

Not sure about Canada on her in September and October.... She doesn't have inside pool.

Right now Veendam/Maasdam and one of Radiance class of RCCL are doing Canada from Boston. Both have covered pools.

If you see it from that point of view, hardly any NCL ship could sail cold weather areas, because none has a covered pool as such.

Further Gem sails Canada/NE this year and she did recently, so I am sure she will do in 2019 again.

Otherwise, what else should she offer during this gap?

What’s DOS stand for?

:D

7-Day Bermuda, Round-trip Boston

SHIP Norwegian Gem

CRUISE PORTS EMBARK Boston (Massachusetts); Royal Naval Dockyard (Bermuda); DISEMBARK Boston (Massachusetts)

And Dawn to N.Y.C. for 2019

7-Day Bermuda, Round-trip New York

SHIP Norwegian Dawn

CRUISE PORTS EMBARK New York (New York); Royal Naval Dockyard(Bermuda); DISEMBARK New York (New York)

This is great news after all that talk about the Epic taking the place of the Dawn in Boston. The Gem looks like a nice ship. I know many of the crew on the Dawn loved being based in Boston and the Bermuda and Canada cruises. Some had done it for years, I wonder if some will request a change of ship. Looking forward to getting to know the Gem.