Web site is useless to search

tomcruiser1234

Hi,

It’s been 9 months since we last booked a cruise and feel that the design of the online web page is horrible.

Also when you view the special sale on Reflection April 2nd 2018 sailing saying free 2 perks...nope no such thing because when you click to book the additional cost shows up. However for the suites it shows 4 free perks and when you click to book, the 4 perks are free.

Wasted a lot of time thinking the veranda vs the sky suite pricing was accurate.

Before anybody blast me...I have cruised 24 times with celebrity.

I don't think you'll get much of an argument here that the website sucks. It's constantly changing, seldom for the better, and as you point out, terribly buggy. At any given time, there seem to be a half dozen threads bemoaning one problem or another.

Hi,

It’s been 9 months since we last booked a cruise and feel that the design of the online web page is horrible.

Also when you view the special sale on Reflection April 2nd 2018 sailing saying free 2 perks...nope no such thing because when you click to book the additional cost shows up. However for the suites it shows 4 free perks and when you click to book, the 4 perks are free.

Wasted a lot of time thinking the veranda vs the sky suite pricing was accurate.

I usually price it or at least double check the pricing on one of the third party websites. I agree with you that Celebrity's website is not too great.

Tom & Judy

I usually price it or at least double check the pricing on one of the third party websites. I agree with you that Celebrity's website is not too great.

Tom & Judy

The Celebrity website is awful! Are you reading this Madam President? Try looking at the temerity which scrolls across where you can't view it all at one time. Just a hot mess with a main focus on photography. Shame we all have to use 3rd party sites to get real information in an easy to use format.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi,

I think you are not reading everything. clearly says that the promotion costs $ 460 for a veranda, if you don't want it check the box no thank you

27540089_2031682723741188_3787087991782343209_n.jpg?oh=862be3df71181a5c3b507d142bdb8a9e&oe=5B264309

Who would blast or blame you, since you may not have read the web page quite far enough down, which in part says:

"* Cruise must be booked February 1–28, 2018 (the Offer Period). Offer applies to select 4-night and longer cruises departing between March 1, 2018, and April 30, 2019. Offer excludes Galapagos, repositioning, transatlantic, and transpacific cruises." (my annotations)

bon voyage

OK, I pulled out the laptop to do a mock booking. I believe that the webpage is confusing, perhaps intentionally so. If you only pick two of the four available perks, there is no additional charge on the state room total price. You can modify which two of the preselected perks you prefer.

There’s only an additional charge if you want the go best plan w 4 perks.

This is my best understanding (of an almost unfunctioning website).

Who would blast or blame you, since you may not have read the web page quite far enough down, which in part says:

"* Cruise must be booked February 1–28, 2018 (the Offer Period). Offer applies to select 4-night and longer cruises departing between March 1, 2018, and April 30, 2019. Offer excludes Galapagos, repositioning, transatlantic, and transpacific cruises." (my annotations)

bon voyage

b454f2475418054b7e615ca9fa18ea11.jpg

If I have correctly posted the picture of the Celebrity webpage for the April 2, 2018 reflection cruise in question, this particular cruise is advertising ttwoperks for free.

b454f2475418054b7e615ca9fa18ea11.jpg

If I have correctly posted the picture of the Celebrity webpage for the April 2, 2018 reflection cruise in question, this particular cruise is advertising ttwoperks for free.

Just curios I tried a dummy booking again, The screen does not show the free promotion. Celebrity Gremlins, best is to call them

27540855_2031797060396421_5550706928612476422_n.jpg?oh=900e3ca11c0e7ff23b181a3647c8a075&oe=5B262529

This is just a general response to difficulties in searching web sites, Celebrity or otherwise. Many web sites either have no search engine or a poor one. I almost never wholly depend on a web sites own search engine. I also use a little-known feature of Google that allows one to search just one specific web site, using Google's own search engine. For example, go to google.com and enter this in the search box:

site:www.celebritycruises.com "dress code"

That will search for web pages at celebritycruises.com that contain "dress code". (The quotes in this case are to make sure it searches for "dress code" as a distinct phrase. Without the quotes, it would find pages at the site which contain dress and code, but not necessarily next to each other and in that order.)

You can use this feature to search ANY web site for anything. The general form is:

site:websiteaddress whatever you want to search for

All of Googles other advanced search features are available when searching this way (for example, wildcard searching, such as "* code" would find dress code, zip code, promo code, etc.).

This may not help for the particular issue raised by the OP, but hopefully it may help somebody sometime.

So I'm still trying to figure out if the 2 perks are included at the listed price on Oceanview and up, or is it an upcharge?

Looked at dummy bookings and it looks like an upcharge for two to me, and even bigger upcharge for all 4.

So I'm still trying to figure out if the 2 perks are included at the listed price on Oceanview and up, or is it an upcharge?

Looked at dummy bookings and it looks like an upcharge for two to me, and even bigger upcharge for all 4.

ORV, no upcharge when I did my dummy booking. Look at the final cost page (forget how they call it exactly) where the total cost is listed. There was no added cost for 2 perks, and you can select which 2 perks you want.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just re-read your post more carefully. Yes, selecting more than 2 perks will result in added cost. First 2 are “free”.

Just re-read your post more carefully. Yes, selecting more than 2 perks will result in added cost. First 2 are “free”.

Actually I said, "and it looks like an upcharge for two to me, and even bigger upcharge for all 4."

So it looked like to me there was an additional charge for any perks. But I only went as far as the payment screen. When I said no thanks at the pick your perk screen I don't think it added the 2.

I'll look at it again.

Just tried it again, here is the example.

Equinox, sailing Aug 11, 2018, category oceanview, banner says saving UP to $300 plus free drinks and unlimited wifi. Price without the perks added $2146. 26. Price for two with the perks added, $2661.26

That does not appear free at all, although they try to spin it that without the perks you get an additional discount. Yet the price they advertise on the find a cruise page is the lower amount, but it says two free perks.