Live from the Ruby Princess Med-T/A October 7, 2009

Woobstr112G

Hello everyone. Well I made it. I had surgery Friday and came home this morning. All is well and the surgery went well. I can get around and do have a little discomfort but other than that I am doing very well. Nice to hear all about the tours and sorry you didn't make Marseilles.

Good luck with all your days at sea and all the activities. Bye for now, Trudy

Trudy, glad to hear everything went well. Hope to cruise with you again real soon.

Terry and Lynn

double post having trouble with this site sorry:mad:

Colo;

Thanks for the Kudos....The cruise so far, with the exception of not getting picked for the Chef's Table, has been great. Trying to get DW to go along with next year's T/A on the Ruby. Right now they are offering 2 for 1 for AC/AB mini suites. Truely a killer deal if she would only say yes.....

Bob

We're seriously considering the TA next Oct 8 on the Ruby. Is that the cruise you're referring to? Please tell me how to find this 2-4-1 on mini-suites. We've never done a TA so we've been following this thread to help us decide. Thanks.

Hello All;

Ponta Delgada in the Azores is truely a beautiful place. It does not seem possible that an Island in the Atlantic can be so green. A number of us did a ship sponsored excursion to the Crater Lakes which also included a yummy wine & cheese taasting at the end. Sailaway from the Azores was a beautiful sight as well. Today is a leissurly day at sea. Our tablemates, DW, and I are doing the Crown Grill tonight for dinner. I'm sure it will be a great evening. Tomorrow DW and I will be trying Utlimate Balcony Dining.

4026856808_11aa31130a.jpg

Take Care All

Bob

We're seriously considering the TA next Oct 8 on the Ruby. Is that the cruise you're referring to? Please tell me how to find this 2-4-1 on mini-suites. We've never done a TA so we've been following this thread to help us decide. Thanks.

You have to be logged in to your "My Princess" to see the reduced fares. I just checked and they are still available....

Bob

Hello All;

Ponta Delgada in the Azores is truely a beautiful place. It does not seem possible that an Island in the Atlantic can be so green. A number of us did a ship sponsored excursion to the Crater Lakes which also included a yummy wine & cheese taasting at the end. Sailaway from the Azores was a beautiful sight as well. Today is a leissurly day at sea. Our tablemates, DW, and I are doing the Crown Grill tonight for dinner. I'm sure it will be a great evening. Tomorrow DW and I will be trying Utlimate Balcony Dining.

4026856808_11aa31130a.jpg

Take Care All

Bob

We did that tour last year from the Emerald. It was overcast but we still got a few good views. It is remarkable how green the island is. I was amazed. We go there again next year on our Pacific Princess cruise. Hope the Pacific can handle the Atlantic. LOL.

Looking at the webcam, I see the sea is almost glass. Can anyone onboard tell me what the air temperature is?

Thank you and wishing you continued smooth sailing.

Yes it is, very encouraging!! :D :D

Hello from the Ruby! The air temp yesterday was 71 F. Today it feels a little warmer. I was actually chilly when we were in the Sanctuary. seas have been very calm though. We're having a lovely transatlantic passage. This afternoon we had a great Ruby Stars wine and munchies tasting in Adagio. A number of people who signed up didn't come, but the 40 or so of us who did had a great time. We had lots of great wines to taste and some excellent cheeses, sausages and cookies.

Hello from the Ruby! The air temp yesterday was 71 F. Today it feels a little warmer. I was actually chilly when we were in the Sanctuary. seas have been very calm though. We're having a lovely transatlantic passage. This afternoon we had a great Ruby Stars wine and munchies tasting in Adagio. A number of people who signed up didn't come, but the 40 or so of us who did had a great time. We had lots of great wines to taste and some excellent cheeses, sausages and cookies.

Sounds heavenly Ann. Thanks for keeping us updated on the weather and the seas and activites. In 11 days I will be off to Rome and after several ports, doing the TA back to Fort Lauderdale like you and Bob.

Enjoy and I hope the seas are equally as calm all the way back for you.

Ann #1

The sea... the sun... and 25 hour days... *sigh*

I'm enjoying this thread immensely and looking forward to our Ruby cruise in March. Someday we hope to do a TA and definitely westbound! The European part sounds exhausting.

Ann, I read your entire blog and loved it! Your photos are wonderful and look forward to more.

Hello All;

Yesterday was a quiet day at sea. We experienced the Ultimate Balcony Dinner and it was fantastic. Biggest lobster tail I had ever seen. The huge filet that accompanied it was cooked to perfection as well. Not to much planned today with the exception of working out and taking a bunch of pictures around the ship. Will use these pictures on my flickr page.

One thing that I just learned that concerns "EZ Checkout." Last year on the Emerald, we were able to partake of a fee based service where once are bags cleared customs, they were taken by princess and checked into our respective airline. We did not see our bahgs until the claim area at LAX. Yesterday I found out that this service for the most part is not being offered anymore. Seems there were too many issues of missing luggage so the airlines individually cancelled the program (at least from Ft. Lauderdale).

Take Care All.....:):):)

Bob

Bob, Ann and all posters from the Ruby many thanks, I'm enjoying your cruise!

Can anyone verify that they now have lemonade loaded in the dispensing machines at the Horizon? Several folks have reported it is now showing up on several ships and I'm curious about there on the Ruby.

Continue to enjoy your cruise.

Hello All;

Yesterday was a quiet day at sea. We experienced the Ultimate Balcony Dinner and it was fantastic. Biggest lobster tail I had ever seen. The huge filet that accompanied it was cooked to perfection as well. Not to much planned today with the exception of working out and taking a bunch of pictures around the ship. Will use these pictures on my flickr page.

One thing that I just learned that concerns "EZ Checkout." Last year on the Emerald, we were able to partake of a fee based service where once are bags cleared customs, they were taken by princess and checked into our respective airline. We did not see our bahgs until the claim area at LAX. Yesterday I found out that this service for the most part is not being offered anymore. Seems there were too many issues of missing luggage so the airlines individually cancelled the program (at least from Ft. Lauderdale).

Bob

It's Delta who opted out of the program and they are the largest carrier in FLL area. I didn't realize FLL wasn't doing it at all.

It's Delta who opted out of the program and they are the largest carrier in FLL area. I didn't realize FLL wasn't doing it at all.

That could very well be the case. I was just told by the passenger services desk that it was not even being offered on the Ruby.....:(:(:(

Bob

Bob, Ann and all posters from the Ruby many thanks, I'm enjoying your cruise!

Can anyone verify that they now have lemonade loaded in the dispensing machines at the Horizon? Several folks have reported it is now showing up on several ships and I'm curious about there on the Ruby.

Continue to enjoy your cruise.

I saw a sign in the Horizon Court (yesterday) that said ask your server.....

Bob

We are taking the Ruby TA from Venice to Ft Lauderdale next year so it's been great to follow this one.

For those who asked, we took the Golden to Hawaii in March flying RT FLL-LAX. Princess (actually Delta) had already stopped the direct baggage option by then.

Also, there was lemonade but it was not in a dispenser. It was in pitchers that had to be served by the Horizon Court waiters.

Hello All;

Bob

Bob, last year one of our bags ended up in Nashville, TN instead of San Diego. I have never been there but my luggage has. LOL

Lynn

Archived