Caribbean Ship in Storm

juggles

Real good advice. Anyone sleeping in a top bunk bed, use the guard rail at all times. If the ship lists, it can throw you out of the bunk. A passenger some time back was thrown off the top bunk bed, she broke her neck on the bedside cabinet.

We hit gale force 10 winds coming back to Norfolk on the Maasdam. The ship listed to one side. I really noticed it when eating breakfast one morning in the buffet area. When I looked to the port side, all I could see was water. When I looked starboard, I could see only sky.

On a Sun Princess cruise, the ship tilted temporarily when it made a sharp turn. I could see some pictures in the art auction area hanging from the wall about a foot at the bottom.

jeese, I know it would but I named the thread..Caribbean ship in Storm...on a Princess cruise thread!! i.e...the Caribbean ship.

It's not on the P & O or the Holland and American forums

Anyway have a nice day, I'm off out now.:)

Hey Juggles... just a point of fact, but Princess ship names include Princess at the end. The ship you're referring to is not the Caribbean, she's the Caribbean Princess. ;) And yes, it does matter, especially when it can be so very ambiguous...

If you knew what she was talking about, why feel so bad?:p

More than a dozen posts and we still have only rumors! Someone better bloody well get on the horn to THE Caribbean Ship (not just any, mind you!) and get us some facts!:D

CC has already posted a sticky on this--check the top of the Princess forum page. The severity of the list is not known. There were no reported injuries to passengers; one crew member had minor injuries (has already returned to work); and a piano was destroyed.

Janette

JUST READIND THIS THREAD THOUGHT I WOULD DO SOME HOMEWORK BEFORE COMMENTING SO DID GOOGLE SEARCH TO FIND SOMEONE WHO HAD BEEN ON SHIP THAT WAS CAUGHT IN STORM. IT APPEARS TO BE CARIBBEAN PRINCESS TRAVELLING FROM HALIFAX TO NEW YORK.. HOPE INFORMATION IS HELPFUL.

2009 p&o oceana xmas & new year caribbean

2009 princess ruby princess venice to barcelona

2009 celebrity equinox short cruise

2008 thomson destiny xmas & new year caribbean

2007 celebrity mercury xmas & new year sydney to auckland

2007 royal caribbean rhapsody of the seas singapore to kuala lumpur

2007 thomson destiny canary islands

2007 thomson spirit mediterranean

2006 princess sapphire xmas & new year singapore to sydney

2006 thomson celebration red sea

2006 thomson spirit suez canal

2005 p&o arcadia xmas 7 new year panama canal

2005 thomson spirit red sea

2003 p&o oceana transatlantic

2002 orient lines crown odyssey xmas &new year tahiti to sydney

2002 celebrity mercury caribbean

2002 sun cruises fjords & land of the midnight sun

2002 island cruises island escape mediterranean

2001 fred olsen braemar xmas &new year transatlantic

2001 sun cruises seawing greece & turkey

2000 sun cruises carousel new year canary islands

2000 sun cruises sundream canary islands

1999 fred olsen black prince europe

1999 premier cruises rembrandt mediterranean

1999 crystal harmony rio carnival cruise

1998 thomson topaz canary islands

Thanks Welshlass. We shouldn't be too harsh on people who post news, but by the same token we also need to be careful not to make mountains out of molehills.

A list is a semi-permanent condition related to balance; this sounds more like a roll that was of greater magnitude than usual. A list is semi-static, a roll is dynamic.

I finally had a chance to check the status of CB and she is in NY harbor or at least the webcam is showing that. We are getting ready to go to the port to board. I hope all went well last night. I have been through rough seas like that on the same cruise.

Sure, I mean we should all pitch in where we can right? BTW, do you have a cute little pet that you can do a show with.:D Sorry (joking), I just always think of cute little pets when I think of accordions:D

if we all pitch in....does this mean I get a two-for-one sale??? :confused:

if so, where do I book? I have an old set of drums, I could play percussion!!!

I finally had a chance to check the status of CB and she is in NY harbor or at least the webcam is showing that. We are getting ready to go to the port to board. I hope all went well last night. I have been through rough seas like that on the same cruise.

We'll be there soon also.....just checking latest news. I'm not sure if anyone here cares for any of us to report the condition since there are so many other types of remarks.

Ok, so far we have Pia, HighHeelGirl and Shootingstar for our band, what shall we call it?:D

But seriously, I am glad everyone is ok. CrusinAgain & spet10dsm, it would be great to get some first hand info of the CB when you board. Thanks for the offer and have a great and safe cruise.

Hey Juggles... just a point of fact, but Princess ship names include Princess at the end. The ship you're referring to is not the Caribbean, she's the Caribbean Princess. ;) And yes, it does matter, especially when it can be so very ambiguous...

there aren't Caribbean ships, just ships in the Caribbean.

Had I put..Dawn Ship in storm, would someone automatically ask, 'do you mean the Dawn princess or a ship at dawn?' :)

Let's forget it eh?

there aren't Caribbean ships, just ships in the Caribbean.

Had I put..Dawn Ship in storm, would someone automatically ask, 'do you mean the Dawn princess or a ship at dawn?' :)

Let's forget it eh?

I SOOOOOOOOO agree. The reactions were so uncalled for.

Since I'm the first one home from this cruise, a little more info.

The list happened around 7:25. Many folks were having breakfast at the time.

Explorers:

Some of the (auction) art littering the lounge was damaged or destroyed ... no great loss IMHO

Bert Stratton was relocated to the Princess Theatre last night

A movie was shown in the Explorers

MUTS just kept on playing ... MAMA MIA was playing just after, with nobody watching (too bloody cold)

Princess Theatre:

Some back-stage damage caused the cancellation of last night's show (3rd performance of PIANO MAN)

Backstage tour cancelled

Lap Pool:

Emptied into the fitness center ... damage mostly to carpeting/mats

Gift Shops:

Several pieces of (expensive) glassware broken

Pizzeria and burger grill closed all day yesterday, to encourage people to stay inside.

Some passenger falls; but, I didn't hear anything major (I guess one never does on a cruise)

The seas calmed down late in the afternoon yesterday. We were only a few minutes late docking this morning.

One crew member (perhaps more) reported that his TV fell off its shelf and was damaged.

Several elevators were out of service late yesterday ... not sure if this was related to the tilt.

Disembarkation was slow --- my 9:10 color time was called at about 9:45. I was in a taxi at about 10:10 and home at about 10:20. It's raining in NYC this morning.

I'm sure there was more; this is all that I can remember.

Archived