Get Well Soonest Don Horner

WesW

Wow -- all the good wishes are overwhelming -- I shed a little tear last evening around 6 PM as Regatta was due to sail from Miami and I visualized all friends soon sitting down to dinner,but I shed another tear tonight at the wonderful friends still here on Cruise Critic, plus emails and phone calls, including a call from Mr. Del Rio -- how many cruise lines have a CEO who cares about each individual passenger so much?

Some good news tonight. The Cardiologist who read the echo gram stopped by this evening to express reasonable conviction that the blood thinner therapy I'm receiving will dissolve and resolve the clot in my heart. I won't be going home until they tailor the Coumadin dosage properly.

I'm very, very lucky and blessed for the excellent response and health care in this rural community, for the friends I have here on CC, for my lovely wife (those of you who have met her know how lucky I am), and for the health that I have been granted, even though there have been hiccups in the latter from time to time.

Don,

Best of wishes for a complete recovery.

The hardest thing will be to do what Betsy says! (She knows you better than any doctor and is in the best position, right now, to interpret what the doctors tell you.)

Our thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Connie

Tarnation and Consarn It! You're not supposed to do things like this!! Or is it just an excuse to lie about and dream? No matter... We're ready to see Alaska in 2012 - and hopefully you can join us as we visit the ports you have thought up.... Get Better And Stay Well! Dick & Vivian

Don,

Hope there is room for one more electronic CC posting to wish you the very best. A couple of years ago, I had a minor stroke and had to cancel our TA from Rio. Since my recovery, we have done a few more Oceania cruises and have a b2b booked. Like you, I had a positive outlook and did not cry over the spilt milk but was also very fortunate that it was minor and had fabulous healthcare. There is nothing like having another cruise booked to brighten a sad situation.

Keep us posted.

Grace (and Don)

Don, we've not had the pleasure of sailing together, yet I feel as though I know you. Your posts have been informative, insightful, and fun to read. I'm glad that, through all this, you can still keep them coming. Best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery. Heed the doctor's advice and reduce stress by just saying, "Yes, dear" to Betsy. DH and I hope to have the good fortune to sail with you and Betsy one day.

Harriet (and Sy)

I feel as "cruisecountess" does, only knowing you in the biblical sense from CC. I have always enjoyed your tales of adventure; & am relieved to hear of your excellent prognosis. Best wishes to you & "Nurse Betsy" as you continue on your road to full recovery.

Another day, and still more good wishes! I talked to Jan today, and we are thinking about another cruise -- Rickey's working on it.

Things are getting better enough that Betsy is starting to tease me -- at least, I hope that she's teasing. She said that she's supposed to be on a cruise, yet I'm the one getting pampered. She dropped a towel on the bathroom floor yesterday, and it was still there this morning. She reminded me that today was trash day and she had to tale out the cans. I retreated to Cruise Critic, where I get more respect than I deserve :rolleyes:.

Thanks everyone...and Dick, you made me laugh. Fortunately for you, it didn't hurt.

Your post "sounds" like you are feeling better already today and that makes all your CC friends happy.

Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers for a complete and speedy recovery. (You are in our prayers too Betsy, as you attempt to keep him in line!) ;)

Linda and John

Hi Don and Betsy. I wanted to send my best wishes also. I'm sorry you had to miss the cruise but look at you two-you're are already planning the next! Good for you! If you need a nurse- give me a call. I'll take good care of you and promise to share the lounge chairs:D! Feel better soon!

Cathy

Glad to hear you are doing better and thank goodness this happened while you were home and not on the cruiseship. My father-in-law was with us on a Princess cruise a few years ago and started vomiting blood - he would up with an esophageal tear and we had to be medically evacuated in Jamaica. Luckily, my husband is a gastroenterologist, because there was none in Montego Bay, and he wound up doing an endoscopy on his own father. It is terrible to be sick, but far worse to be sick away from home (especially if you have not brought your own doctor along).

Archived