Cruise ship security bill passes

Orator

The House just passed the Cruise Ship Security Bill sending it to Obama for his signature. This bill will require cruise lines to report incidents aboard ships. Also requires rails to be no less than 42" and requires ships built after law goes into effect to be equipped with security latched and time sensitive key technology. Any comments?

It must be a good bill since it has such overwhelming support. I wish our Congress would only pass bills with that kind of support. I think we would have much better bills. Let's hope that it did not include unrelated funding for other things as in current standard practice in Congress.

It must be a good bill since it has such overwhelming support. I wish our Congress would only pass bills with that kind of support. I think we would have much better bills. Let's hope that it did not include unrelated funding for other things as in current standard practice in Congress.

My bet is that it does!!!

I wish they were voting on bills that would create jobs!!

A worthless bill crafted by the lobby of the trial lawyers trying to breach the legal curtain that protects cruise lines operating in international waters. It gets overwhelming support because it does not matter You can vote for it, claim to be a champion of consumer rights and still not deal with the real problems of the country. It will not make anyone safer, it will not make your trip more productive and in the end, like most of the crap that comes out of Washington, it will not help the average person impacted by it. What makes people think going on a cruise ship should be any safer than going to aan amusement park a ski resort or a resort beach. You can be harmed, hurt or assaulted in all of those places. People drink too much, stay up to late and do stupid things on a cruise ship. Congress cannot fix that. You cannot legislate safety, you can only make it easier for the bottom feeders of the society (trial lawyers) to make a living.

Do I sound cynical? Maybe it is because my company spends 20 cents of every dollar on our manufacturing process for legal defense.

I will cruise with or without this nonsense. Have a great 4th!

Don't you just love our Congress. They want to regulate higher railings, 42" at a minimum. Won't that just make it more difficult for people to commit suicide? :D

They've already regulated toilets and light bulbs. :eek: Tell them to stay the hell away from my martini. :D

A worthless bill crafted by the lobby of the trial lawyers trying to breach the legal curtain that protects cruise lines operating in international waters. It gets overwhelming support because it does not matter You can vote for it, claim to be a champion of consumer rights and still not deal with the real problems of the country. It will not make anyone safer, it will not make your trip more productive and in the end, like most of the crap that comes out of Washington, it will not help the average person impacted by it. What makes people think going on a cruise ship should be any safer than going to aan amusement park a ski resort or a resort beach. You can be harmed, hurt or assaulted in all of those places. People drink too much, stay up to late and do stupid things on a cruise ship. Congress cannot fix that. You cannot legislate safety, you can only make it easier for the bottom feeders of the society (trial lawyers) to make a living.

Do I sound cynical? Maybe it is because my company spends 20 cents of every dollar on our manufacturing process for legal defense.

I will cruise with or without this nonsense. Have a great 4th!

YES!!!~

I raise my glass to this and I totally "second that opinion!!"

Speaking of toilet regualtions

Why do toilet seats have a cutout in the front?

So that when the husband "takes aim" and it's not really good, the wife doesn't have to sit on the results of that faulty aim. Because men will NOT raise the toilet seat (or if they do they neglect to put it back down.) :o

So that when the husband "takes aim" and it's not really good, the wife doesn't have to sit on the results of that faulty aim. Because men will NOT raise the toilet seat (or if they do they neglect to put it back down.)

See, now there you go. If y'all (women) could decide whether you want the seat up OR you want the seat down there would be so much less stress in married life. :D We (men) should not have to make such difficult decisions.

Oh, and while I am at it, please tell me the correct response for that oft repeated question . . . . Does this _______ make me look heavy?

:D :D: :D :D :D

The House just passed the Cruise Ship Security Bill sending it to Obama for his signature. This bill will require cruise lines to report incidents aboard ships. Also requires rails to be no less than 42" and requires ships built after law goes into effect to be equipped with security latched and time sensitive key technology. Any comments?

Maybe the house could do the same for the fence on our southern boarder!

Sorry, what does this mean? Can it be translated into English English, please?

Sue

The Bill was written by a Congressman and worked on by a Congressional Committee. Guess we'll need a Court to define the terms.

The Bill was written by a Congressman and worked on by a Congressional Committee. Guess we'll need a Court to define the terms.

I wish they would do what they do in a couple of states, have Congress meet for about two weeks a year. That may be too long a period as they can do a lot of damage in that time...

See, now there you go. If y'all (women) could decide whether you want the seat up OR you want the seat down there would be so much less stress in married life. :D We (men) should not have to make such difficult decisions.

Oh, and while I am at it, please tell me the correct response for that oft repeated question . . . . Does this _______ make me look heavy?

:D :D: :D :D :D

And why do we have to put it down, why can't they, they are the ones using it that way...I protest this sexist behavior on the 3rd of July...(LOL)

Archived