Lobster Bisque Soup

algorithmannie

Is anyone else disappointed by the Lobster Bisque soup served in the MDR?

I recently had the most AMAZING lobster bisque at a land restaurant and it reminded me of my disappointment with Celebrity's version. I thought it was pretty bland and not very creamy and rich. On the bright side, the french onion soup on X was fabulous!!!

I had no issues with it in the Eclipse MDR though would agree with Kitty the Murano version was a notch up and very rich- almost too rich for me. There is also much more meat in the murano version

I recently had the most AMAZING lobster bisque at a land restaurant and it reminded me of my disappointment with Celebrity's version. I thought it was pretty bland and not very creamy and rich. On the bright side, the french onion soup on X was fabulous!!!

On our recent Eclipse cruise we had the lobster bisque in the MDR 7 times in 14 nights, it was THAT good!! Best lobster bisque we've ever had (actually better than several high-end land-based restaurants) and plenty of meat at the bottom. Definitely recommended! :) Didn't try it in Murano so can't comment, was afraid it wouldn't be any better than in the MDR.

Justin

It's quite subjective, but I also thought the lobster bisque in the MDR was pretty bad. No lobster in it. I actually asked the server to have them chop up some on lobster night just to see if it made it better...no luck. I'm glad others liked it, but I won't be getting it again...

Lobster Bisque is very subjective maybe more than a lot of other foods. I think its one of those foods that you get somewhere and it is excellent. You then try and compare all the rest to the best one you every had...Could be a matter of expectations also since lobster is not something most of us have every day...

Had the Lobster Bisque in Murano. Great presentation, poured at the table, very creamy and smooth. However, I am not a fish eater, and to me, the soup tasted very "fishy."

Thought the French Onion soup in the MDR was terrific.

As a coastal New Englander, I can tell you that you could eat Lobster Bisque (or NE Clam Chowder, for that matter) at a different restaurant every day for a month and find that they are all different. Basic ingredients, yes, but some rich, some not so rich, creamy, not so creamy, thick or thin, brandy, no brandy (bisque) - on and on. My mother made thinner soups so that is what I like, others like the thicker stuff. There are many "correct" variations. Normally, lobster bisque does not have chunks of lobster in it - that would make it a lobster STEW.

Had it in the MDR of the Solstice last month and was completely underwhelmed. It did not taste much of lobster, had no real chunks of lobster meat and had a slightly burnt flavor to it. I didn't try it again after that first night >.<

It's "bisque"...not supposed to have chunks of anything in it! It's supposed to be smooth, creamy and rich!

I just learned something new. You are correct - there should be no chunks in bisque. I double checked you, because I didn't believe you. Not that wikipedia is a valid source, but I think on the subject of "Bisque" I'll take it's word for it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisque_(food)

"Bisque is also sometimes used to refer to cream-based soups that do not contain seafood, in which the sometimes pre-cooked ingredients are pureed or processed in a food processor or a food mill."

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO algorithmannie: If you really like Lobster Bisque soup, get it from the Original Soup Man. It is the Soup **** from the Seinfield TV show. I understand it is very good.

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO algorithmannie: If you really like Lobster Bisque soup, get it from the Original Soup Man. It is the Soup **** from the Seinfield TV show. I understand it is very good.

It's amazing. I've had it at his stand in NYC. But now I am questioning if it really is Lobster Bisque....it has pieces of lobster in it...

Lobstert bisque in the MDR is OK...I have had some that is much better...but like another poster, I had lots of it on our last back-to-back cruise since the main menu offerings are so poor in comparison to older menus.

I found the lobster bisque in the Olympic Dining Room was considerably better, and it did have some meat added to it. In land restaurants, I have had it both ways...with and without. I think that "with" is a restaurant's way of bumping up the product a little, and I find that I like it better than "without".

Not so great in the main dining room, but in the specialty restaurants, it's sublime.

Hi Darcie !

Definitely agree with your coment. In the MDR it can be hit and miss. In Specialty Dining, its heavenly, and with a beautiful presentation. I would say it's not to be missed in Specialty Dining.

With that said, the topic of food is highly subjective, so your mileage may vary !

Archived