How Many Cruises Have You Been On?

will773

30+ for us. Some short, some long.

I had crusied as a teen in the 70's on Home(or was it Holme?) Lines Oceanic with my family and for a couple of years after being married I tried to convince my husband to try a cruise.

Well, once I got him on a cruise I haven't been able to get him off! We cruise whenever we can.

Note my CC name!

Some state number of cruises, others number of "sea" days. I' ve seen river cruises and ferries listed also. Do my number of sea days working on ocean going fishing boats count as sea days as well. Been on 25-30 real cruises.

39 for me and 37 for Lauren. We are closing in on a "year" onboard ships and Lauren wants to be on her 42nd cruise, the day she turns 42. Goals -- it's always nice to have something to look forward to!

Kel:)

I stopped my "offical" count about 8-10 years ago at 125. To date, probably about 140. I started in the 60's as a kid with my parents and got hooked. Back then, we sailed on mostly transAtlantic liners that did occasional cruises and many were built pre-WWII. A lot of the ships I've been on, and for that matter, many of the lines I've been on no longer exist. Then started the era of ships built specifically for cruising only. I've seen a LOT of changes over the years!!!!!!!!!! I love traveling on a ship and the reasons I sail on a ship havent' changed.

I still travel by ship as much as I can. We're going in a couple of weeks on the "Veendam" to Bermuda and we were on the "Expl of the Seas" in Jan. One out of NY, one out of NJ. Contemplating coming home from England on the QM to NY in Oct, but timing doesn't seem to be working. (I'm counting transAtlantic crossings with cruises) Funny.....back when I started, we ALWAYS sailed out of NY. I'm not even sure there were ships sailing out of Fla then!

We always figured that those that put their cruises into their signature have not really been on that many cruises. There are some (including us) that cannot even remember all the cruises and we noticed a few of those who posted to this thread. We do know we have been on more then 60 different ships, 12 cruise lines, and spent more then 2 years on cruises. These days we try to cruise about 75 days a year. During our travels we have met folks who have spent more then 5 years on cruises so we are novices compared to these folks.

Hank

I think I have #78 coming up in August! No, not retired (far from it) - have been cruising since I was a teen in 1972 (first cruise was on the Song of Norway - Royal Caribbean). We usually go 2X per year (sometimes it was 3). Just love cruising so join the Cruise-a-holics Club! Next cruise will be this summer on the Freedom of the Seas and then the Crown Princess in December. Have to start planning 2012!

I have #24 booked for Halloween. All with Carnival, although their count is only 23 since I can't find proof that I was on the Festivale in 1984. You would think that they would have a way of giving me the cruise credit.......I mean it would be different if I was asking for 5 missing cruise credits, but One..........

Oh well.......I'll be milestone next year and then I think it's time to start doing some roaming.........

Archived