Print your own Luggage Tag - having a giraffe or what!

firefly3050

I refuse use the cheap computer paper tags so where I do cruise Princess as I did once last year I simply got the much better ones from the longshoremen in front of the terminal. Princess, just charge me $5.00 more in my fare rather than look so chintzy!

That said, I am much more apt to cruise Celebrity or Royal Caribbean where I still get very professionaly imprinted baggage tags.

Worldspan

128 cruises (#129 Radiance of the Seas April 21)

My vote is with the OP. I get angry every time I have to print a tag on my own paper and using my own toner or ink and using my stapler....it's cheap, cheap, cheap on the part of Princess and a insult that after paying thousands of dollars on a cruise we have to do this.

I received an email a few days ago from Princess informing me -

"Before your cruise, you will need to print an E-Ticket Boarding Pass and luggage tags for each passenger to bring with you when you check-in to board the ship"

No problem with the E-Ticket Boarding Pass, after all, its just a piece of A4 Paper, same as you'd receive in the post from your TA.

But I never expected to have to print out my own luggage label in such a manner.

According to the instructions "This luggage tag has been sucessfully tested for durability"

I'm going to be printing it on a flimsy A4 piece of paper which I've got to fold in 3 lengthways and then staple it together !!!!

How long is this makeshift tag supposed to last? :confused:

Talk about Jerry Built !!!!

We've paid alot of money on this cruise and I'm pretty disgusted that I'm not going to be provided with durable luggage labels. :mad:

Come on, it's not rocket science!:rolleyes: Use card stock and you'll get perfect tags. We have done it, and it's not a problem!

"Before your cruise, you will need to print an E-Ticket Boarding Pass and luggage tags for each passenger to bring with you when you check-in to board the ship"

No problem with the E-Ticket Boarding Pass, after all, its just a piece of A4 Paper, same as you'd receive in the post from your TA.

But I never expected to have to print out my own luggage label in such a manner.

According to the instructions "This luggage tag has been sucessfully tested for durability"

I'm going to be printing it on a flimsy A4 piece of paper which I've got to fold in 3 lengthways and then staple it together !!!!

We've paid alot of money on this cruise and I'm pretty disgusted that I'm not going to be provided with durable luggage labels. :mad:

We print them. fold them,then Laminate them, and finally staple together. With the lamination, we had no issues.

My vote is with the OP. I get angry every time I have to print a tag on my own paper and using my own toner or ink and using my stapler....it's cheap, cheap, cheap on the part of Princess and a insult that after paying thousands of dollars on a cruise we have to do this.

You're not serious, are you?:eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi All

Printing our own documents , luggage tags etc.

Money has a bit to play,

But the bar code has even more to do with it,

No way Princess could send us all a luggage tag with our own bar code on

it, but we can print one.

Bar codes are progress.

Yours Shogun

If I think back over they years to when I stated cruising, and way before the age of computers, there was always the worry of tickets and luggage tags not being sent in time and I can remember waiting for the postman to see if they had arrived and if they hadn't, phone my TA to be told that they were sent out but they will send a duplicate set today, and the cruise was only ten days away. THAT was a major problem. Now we all (or most of us) have the capacity to print our own air tickets, cruise tickets and luggage tags and we're MOANING about that now. Just be happy that we now have the technology available to do all these things and BE HAPPY

Prior to my two cruises that required tag printing, I considered it a fun thing to do in anticipation of the cruise that was rapidly approaching. I'm surprised that anyone would have such an aversion to it.

Patsy

"That said, I am much more apt to cruise Celebrity or Royal Caribbean where I still get very professionaly imprinted baggage tags"

Better pick another cruiseline... on our SOLSTICE cruise a couple years back, we had to print our own baggage tags.

It ruined our whole cruise <eyeroll>

I refuse use the cheap computer paper tags so where I do cruise Princess as I did once last year I simply got the much better ones from the longshoremen in front of the terminal. Princess, just charge me $5.00 more in my fare rather than look so chintzy!

That said, I am much more apt to cruise Celebrity or Royal Caribbean where I still get very professionaly imprinted baggage tags.

Worldspan

128 cruises (#129 Radiance of the Seas April 21)

That should rank near the top of the list of reasons for changing cruiselines. :rolleyes: Everyone: Lets get real here!

WOW, I have been reading this post for a while now and I cant believe how bent out of shape some people are about not having a "professionally printed" luggage tag. The luggage tag is only useful for about 2-3 hours anyways, to get from the port to your cabin. Are any of you upset that the cruiselines and airlines no longer mail out your tickets and boarding passes??? I agree with other posters, that if you are "disgusted" by printing out a luggage tag, then I sure hope I dont run into you on my cruise.

Just relax and go with the flow and try to enjoy your vacation.

We've never had anything but internet tags. We printed the first ones on photographic paper, but after that just onto normal paper and fold as directed. We take a small roll of clear sellotape in our hand luggage and attach them just before leaving for the port. Simples!!

I wondered about this. We fly in a day early. If the airline misplaced your luggage would the ships tag help in getting it to you? I usually just print extra tags and take them in my carry on in case any are damaged in transit.

That's why we print a few tags... we do attach them to our bags when we fly. If they get lost, at least the airline will know that we're going on a cruise and can hopefully redirect them to the ship. And if the tags haven't weathered the plane trip well, we have extra tags to attach at the hotel or dock...

What a funny thread lol

We find printing out the tags and folding them in thirds

To be mondo sturdy we always put

Clear packing tape on top too

And never can remove the tags

Withour scissors

Way sturdier than the old tags

I thought exactly the same thing last year. BUT it really does stay together. No worries.

Prior to my two cruises that required tag printing, I considered it a fun thing to do in anticipation of the cruise that was rapidly approaching. I'm surprised that anyone would have such an aversion to it. Patsy

It's a point of principle. Sometime cruise ship companies can be compared to children. The more you do for them the more they want you to do for them...

Quote fom Kiwipete -

Just print them, fold them then get them laminated, Punch a hole in each end and use a cable tie to fix them to your case. No trouble

I havent got a laminator, a laminate sheet, a hole punch or cable ties/stapler??

Quote from Sox Fan Cruiser -

Think how much money Princess saves by not sending everyone plastic luggage tags. Don't you think some of that savings comes back to us?

I don't doubt it does save Princess a shed load of money, but it's gonna cost me alot more than I get back to get these luggage lables suitable for carriage

Office Depot will do them for a buck a piece. Surely there's some place like that near to you.

Goodness, it's a luggage tag.... What a sore subject. I look forward to printing my own, Never been a problem! You can always call Princess and ask them to send you one, they will do it I am quite sure. Your gonna have an amazing time, do not worry about this. ;)

Just print them, fold them then get them laminated, Punch a hole in each end and use a cable tie to fix them to your case. No trouble.

Check with your bank or financial institution. I know where I bank, they have hot laminators they use to laiminate various kinds of ID cards and other account documentation. They may be willing to put your luggage tags through their laminator and then all you have to do is cut them out of the plastic and affix them to your luggage.

Archived