Discuss Implementation of Smoking Policy

CC Help Michell

We are considering booking the Emerald Princess for our yearly cruise in April 2014. Since DH smokes and we always book balconies... where would the best location be for us to book for easy access to the Lido smoking area? The Riviera deck looks the most convenient. Is smoking allowed port side or starboard, aft or forward on the Lido? We cruised on the Emerald a few years ago when smoking was allowed on balconies. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Also, different topic - is Budweiser still available on board the Emerald?

We are considering booking the Emerald Princess for our yearly cruise in April 2014. Since DH smokes and we always book balconies... where would the best location be for us to book for easy access to the Lido smoking area? The Riviera deck looks the most convenient. Is smoking allowed port side or starboard, aft or forward on the Lido? We cruised on the Emerald a few years ago when smoking was allowed on balconies. Any help would be appreciated. :)
There are balcony and inside cabins on Lido deck forward. DH could walk out to the (probably Port side) Neptune Pool area for a smoke.

• 2 weeks later...
We are thinking of booking the Caribbean Princess and I like to smoke a pipe with drinks before dinner.

Does anyone know where pipe smoking is allowed on that ship?

In the Cigar Bar, Churchill's, on Fiesta deck between the forward elevators and the lower level entrance to the Princess Theater.

Does Princess allow you to smoke on your private balconies? I thought I remember reading somewhere that you can smoke on the balconies on one side of the ship. I'm going on the Ruby and since we are not smokers, I am trying to decide which side of the ship we should stay in.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Does Princess allow you to smoke on your private balconies? I thought I remember reading somewhere that you can smoke on the balconies on one side of the ship. I'm going on the Ruby and since we are not smokers, I am trying to decide which side of the ship we should stay in.

There is no smoking on any balconies since last January. There are designated smoking areas on the various public deck spaces. I believe it's the starboard side of the ship and smoking is allowed on the promenade deck and some of the upper decks which shouldn't impact your balcony Since I don't smoke either, I can't say for certain where they are.

Unless the Ruby varies from all the other ships the port side of promenade deck is the deck that allows smoking and that smoke doesn't seem to affect the other decks, although I did hear one person complain a while ago. All the balcony cabins and all the rooms are designated as no smoking & we only encountered one of two people sneaking a smoke during very early morning hours. (3 AM) During the day everyone seems to be adhering to the new rules.

On both the Ruby and the Sapphire this year it was the starboard side of the promenade deck which was a designated smoking area.

I wish they would standardize the ships. I prefer not to be above the smoking section of the promenade deck even though it might not be a problem but when in port the smoke could drift upward.

• 2 weeks later...
Smoking is permitted on one side of the deck above the Terrace pool as you come out of the Horizon Court. You can't smoke right next to the pool.

That was our exact experience on the Diamond and the Golden in the last three months.

I believe all the ships with Terrace pools have smoking on the port side near the pool. I'm not to sure about the Island or Dawn.

Dawn Princess (and most likely the Sun and Sea princesses) have a few tables and ashtrays for smokers alongside Sundowners Bar aft.

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on a Diamond Princess late January 2013.

2 other ladies are coming with us. We do have 2 cabins with balconies.

My cousin is concern that her friend may try and smoke on the balcony. What inconsideration. Princess cruises advised that a 250.00 fine will be charged to the passenger’s cabin. I advised my cousin that her friend will be charged not her.

Does anyone see this as an accurate interpretation of the ruling and fine?

We are booked on a Diamond Princess late January 2013.

2 other ladies are coming with us. We do have 2 cabins with balconies.

My cousin is concern that her friend may try and smoke on the balcony. What inconsideration. Princess cruises advised that a 250.00 fine will be charged to the passenger’s cabin. I advised my cousin that her friend will be charged not her.

Does anyone see this as an accurate interpretation of the ruling and fine?

The fine is correct. Make sure your cousin and her friend have separate accounts for the cabin.