Passenger overboard from Allure??

philamike

Another report: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/world_news&id=8530223

Between this and some Twitter posts, it seems that the staff made an announcement throughout the ship at 6:30 a.m., paging someone to contact guest services. Then at 7 a.m., ALL passengers were instructed to go to their muster stations so that everyone could be counted. Passengers were permitted to return to their cabins at 9 a.m.

Eyewitness reports a passenger falling of RCI's Atlantis???:eek: When did RCI build another ship?:confused: Now that's some reliable reporting there.

Eyewitness reports a passenger falling of RCI's Atlantis???:eek: When did RCI build another ship?:confused: Now that's some reliable reporting there.

Atlantis Events is the company that chartered the ship. (Hence, an "Atlantis cruise.")

Just read that someone jumped off the Allure this morning. It is a terrible thing for these families to see a love one off to a wonderful vacation to end it with a loss of life and planning a funeral. Why so many accidents, but that is why it is a accident. Something not planned, but the article made it seem as if this young man possibly jumped. Regardless it is very sad.

Sorry that these things are happening, but I will use extra caution when I sail the Allure in a few weeks.

Butterfly625

Another blemish for the cruise industry.

Sure has been a lot of sad things happening lately. I feel for the passengers that are effected by this and the young mans family. I hope he is found.

Sorry, but you just do not fall overboard.....its either a stupid stunt, the person jumps or you are pushed.

I just wish the news would quit using the word "fell". People don't just fall off of ships. They either jump, or are doing something stupid such as standing on their railing, trying to climb between cabins, which never ends well. They really should use the term "went overboard" or something like that. Saying "fell off or overboard", reinforces the idea that you can be walking along, trip and just fall off. My mother refuses to cruise and she always tells me to be careful and to not fall overboard. I've explained to her countless times that the railing hits me almost under my armpits, so not really a possibility. ;)

Either this man had to jump on purpose with the intent to commit suicide OR he's a complete and total moron. I don't mean to be ugly but come on people, this is just idiotic if it was an accident that he went over. If you didn't do it on purpose, and you're 30 years old, why the hell are you acting like a 4 year old???

Either this man had to jump on purpose with the intent to commit suicide OR he's a complete and total moron. I don't mean to be ugly but come on people, this is just idiotic if it was an accident that he went over. If you didn't do it on purpose, and you're 30 years old, why the hell are you acting like a 4 year old???

Probably because he was drunk.

this is the exact reason I have not booked Allure/Oasis yet...and why I dont think I will be in a huge rush booking them.

Perfectly fine with my freedom class ships!

That photo is NOT the norm on this ship. This is a charter with a HUGE party crowd and they were going where the party was. Having sailed the Oasis class ships six times now, I can tell that they have more space than the Freedom class ships.

According to this report, he was caught on camera stepping onto a table then jumping overboard

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4738

Possibly a suicide (attempt? Don't know his condition) but it breaks my heart that there are people depressed enough to do this. :(

I can't imagine being in that mind set...

Probably because he was drunk.

Or not.

Don't assume. I think people 'fall' when they are drunk. They jump when they have issues that are bigger than being drunk.

this is the exact reason I have not booked Allure/Oasis yet...and why I dont think I will be in a huge rush booking them.

Perfectly fine with my freedom class ships!

Do you really think this is what the area typically looks like? I would not write off a cruise on Oasis/Allure based on that picture.

And I just placed a post a few days ago in another thread that was talking about this sailing on how it's no wonder people fall off ships ....a bit ironic http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32211586&postcount=6

Wow! What is an Atlantis charter sailing? Please tell me the ship I am going to be on will not be packed like this. That's insane!

Best,

Skippy

Archived