Luggage tags being withdrawn fleetwide

LeeGrant

[quote name='nelblu']I guess you got to pay if you want them, just like paper cruise document.:([/quote]

I admit i miss the cruise books that you use to get in the mail that came with your luggage tags and all the rules and where you where going etc. I still have them from my first few cruises but times change i guess.

[quote name='believer33323']I bought a laminator for around 28.00. I will print out the tags at home, laminate them and cut them into strips and attach to my bags, should work just as well.

I also found a place that sells luggage tag holders that come in 9 inch length for print at home tags.

at favorsby_serendipity_com[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the web site.
I have been printing my own since RCI went to edocs.
I borrow a laminator.
These will make it even easier.

[quote name='believer33323']I bought a laminator for around 28.00. I will print out the tags at home, laminate them and cut them into strips and attach to my bags, should work just as well.

I also found a place that sells luggage tag holders that come in 9 inch length for print at home tags.

at favorsby_serendipity_com[/quote]

that person has a very nice website and video

[quote name='BecciBoo'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Yep, Carnival has been doing it for several years. Had no problem with the packing tape. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Just think of how much money can be saved from postage and handling not to mention the tags themselves. May have an affect on the fares. Wouldn't that be great?[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
LOL LOL LOL

They aint gonna lower nuttin.
MURPH

What will they do for tags for debarkation? Also, I would rather they save money by eliminating all the useless inserts in the daily planner for jewelry sales, art auctions etc.

Agree!!! Big waste of money and space on the daily's with all the "sales":rolleyes:

Are they eliminating MAILING the tags or the tags all together? They are color coded how would I know what color to apply to my home made tag? I think that the coding enables them to know what floor, section of the ship, etc.. Seems that it would slow the delivery process even more.

Agree!!! Big waste of money and space on the daily's with all the "sales":rolleyes:

If they did not make money on the daily ads they would.

I would rather them do away with the mailing of the tags then something else while on the cruise. We all have to print our set sail passes anyway so why not print the tags. You already have to put your own on your luggage when flying, you will just need to buy an clear plastic insert to put it in.

Are they eliminating MAILING the tags or the tags all together? They are color coded how would I know what color to apply to my home made tag? I think that the coding enables them to know what floor, section of the ship, etc.. Seems that it would slow the delivery process even more

I don't see them eliminating tags completely, they have to have some system to get them to the correct cabin! If they make them available to print, it will print in color (provided you have a color printer). Otherwise they will refer to the cabin number to get your luggage to you. They still have to allow for the possibility someone doesn't have a computer or printer. If you obtain tags at the pier they will not be color coded...have done that before & there was not problem at all.:D

I love having the luggage tags. I tried making my own once and it was horrible. The clear tape was so hard to work with. Took me a long time to do them for 4 pieces of luggage. Maybe they should offer the tags for a fee of $5.00 per set. I'd be willing to pay for them for the convenience. I don't think it would cost them that much to print and send one set.

Mary Anne

Add one more line to the SetSail pass on-line application: "Do you want the 'traditional Cruise Compass' or 'Cruise Compass extra edition'*? Please check one. *Extra edition would be explained here."

This option would be available to Platinum and above C&A members. The Gold members and newbies may wish to view the ads. They still have a lot to experience and these ads may provide them with some things they may be intersted in. The rest of us have been there, done that. This could save a lotta paper and trees.

Currently, the first thing we do when we receive the Cruise Compass, the night before, is to throw directly into the trash can (where ever it is inconveniently located) all the massage, bingo, art, jewelry, 2 for 1 deals junk mail.

Only negative is a little more work for your cabin steward. Each cabin could get a different choice of Cruise Compass. Suite Deck stewards and Decks 2-3 stewards would have it easier.

RCCL bean counters, are you listening?

R&D

I love having the luggage tags. I tried making my own once and it was horrible. The clear tape was so hard to work with. Took me a long time to do them for 4 pieces of luggage. Maybe they should offer the tags for a fee of $5.00 per set. I'd be willing to pay for them for the convenience. I don't think it would cost them that much to print and send one set.

Mary Anne

Try these at amazon.com or you could have the printed ones laminated at office depot or another store for around 2 bucks a 8.5 x 11 sheet

http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Tag-Holders-Set/dp/B005DFO530/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329903437&sr=8-1

I am sorry- but I am new to RCCL and I dont understand what the big deal is.:confused::confused:

I have cruised Carnival 2 times and DH has 8 times and we always printed out the luggage tags, laminate them and attach them to our bags. Never had a problem- luggage always showed up in the cabins. And if you dont have a printer I am sure SOMEBODY you know has one and you can ask them to help you out.

I always find it a bit amusing when someone posts about how Carnival made such and such a cut years ago and they just don't understand how we RCI cruisers find it to be an issue when when the cut makes its way to this cruise line.:rolleyes:

Has anyone actually questioned whether this is true or not?? :rolleyes:

I don't know, but I received 2 mailings of luggage tags for my cruise embarking tomorrow. That's 8 tags for a 4 night cruise. Maybe they are liquidating their stock. ;)

When I sailed Carnival I printed my luggage tags out. Folded the paper 3 ways long then around the handle and stapled the ends together. That worked out better than I thought it would. I would not mind if RCCL would go with that option.

I always find it a bit amusing when someone posts about how Carnival made such and such a cut years ago and they just don't understand how we RCI cruisers find it to be an issue when when the cut makes its way to this cruise line.:rolleyes:

I am glad I was your laugh for the day! :rolleyes:

I am sorry- but I am new to RCCL and I dont understand what the big deal is.:confused::confused:

I have cruised Carnival 2 times and DH has 8 times and we always printed out the luggage tags, laminate them and attach them to our bags. Never had a problem- luggage always showed up in the cabins. And if you dont have a printer I am sure SOMEBODY you know has one and you can ask them to help you out.

First, it's a lot more convenient to get tags in the mail and stick them on your luggage than to follow any of the suggested alternatives mentioned here...packing tape, laminating, buying permanent luggage tags, getting them at the pier, using a friend's printer (Really???), etc.

Second, in my house it's somewhat ceremonial. When they arrive it means the cruise is just around the corner.

Third, we have never but once been on a cruise that we didn't get tags in the mail be it Royal, Carnival, Princess, or Celebrity. Once you get used to a perk...and it is a perk, it's disappointing when it comes to an end.

Is it the end of the world or a game breaker? No but maybe now you understand.

Second, in my house it's somewhat ceremonial. When they arrive it means the cruise is just around the corner.

That's my primary feeling about the luggage tags. I know that they're not required, but I really do love receiving them in the mail. Getting that envelope from Royal Caribbean with colored luggage tags just makes the whole impending cruise seem so much more tangible.

I understand this completely! Used to do the doc dance at my mailbox when the documents arrived (yeah, my neighbors know I am crazy)..now it is the luggage tag dance. Almost smacked my husband the other day for getting the mail & opening the envelopes with the tags while I was away for a few hours.:D

I understand this completely! Used to do the doc dance at my mailbox when the documents arrived (yeah, my neighbors know I am crazy)..now it is the luggage tag dance. Almost smacked my husband the other day for getting the mail & opening the envelopes with the tags while I was away for a few hours.:D

I can relate!

Archived