New balcony furniture on Caribe deck on Grand

Gettingwarmer

I've been thinking of seeing if there were inflatable footstools out there for a long time and this thread made me take a look. Indeed you can get inflatable footstools. I might do this.

http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Air-Beds-Inflatable-Footstool/dp/B0043WHO6O

I like a fully covered balcony so I don't book Caribe balconies, but I think that table is a joke.

I've been thinking of seeing if there were inflatable footstools out there for a long time and this thread made me take a look. Indeed you can get inflatable footstools. I might do this.

http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Air-Beds-Inflatable-Footstool/dp/B0043WHO6O

I like a fully covered balcony so I don't book Caribe balconies, but I think that table is a joke.

And on port days when the pool is quiet, you can use them as rafts!

I've only had a Caribe deck balcony cabin once (thank you, upgrade fairy!), but I could totally see why people loved it. The decision to remove furniture and ultimately to downgrade them and make them cheaper categories is bewildering to me. Princess could definitely have kept charging a premium for these cabins, given the demand for them. People were booking them in preference to minisuites (admittedly, that's anecdotal evidence gleaned from postings here), for pete's sake! I would have put out even better furniture and hiked the prices on them!

Usually companies want to improve their product but Princess lately is going the other way. What are they thinking? I will send a email out about this. Please keep posting here so this post stays on the top of the lit, maybe the Princesss people that read CC will take notice we do not like the new furniture.

We always book the caribe deck for the larger balcony and 4 chairs and a table to eat breakfast on.

Come on Princess get real and give your customers what they want!

Usually companies want to improve their product but Princess lately is going the other way. What are they thinking? I will send a email out about this. Please keep posting here so this post stays on the top of the lit' date=' maybe the Princesss people that read CC will take notice we do not like the new furniture.

We always book the caribe deck for the larger balcony and 4 chairs and a table to eat breakfast on.

Come on Princess get real and give your customers what they want![/quote']

Keep writing to abuckelew@princesscruises.com. The more emails he gets, maybe something will get done.

We can't afford a stateroom with the word 'balcony' attached to it but by reading this thread, viewing the before and after photos and all the legitimate comments about paying the higher costs in order to enjoy your balconies, I am 110% behind everyone on this subject. *sheesh*

Has anyone thought of going over to the Princess FB page to post comments there? There may be non-CC members there who are impacted the same way and are unaware of the mass complaints here. Strength in numbers. At least it would be good for Princess to explain why they made these changes.

maybe if everyone keeps taking the glass coffee table in the cabin out onto the balcony the company might realize the mistake they have made. I'm on a wait list for a caribe balcony next march, but may change my mind and go for a cheaper balcony

I can't help but wonder if this is all part of the "NEW configuring" of the ships. (mid, forward mid, aft mid, aft; non -public etc etc (gag) you know the pricing will change with all that) maybe the "A balconies" will get the better furniture, B balconies less etc etc.

maybe if everyone keeps taking the glass coffee table in the cabin out onto the balcony the company might realize the mistake they have made. I'm on a wait list for a caribe balcony next march, but may change my mind and go for a cheaper balcony

'

My husband just said this morning " I can see it now you will take that glass table out on the balcony and the room steward will put it back in the cabin"

Yep ,that will be the new game i take it out he puts it back dailey!

I'll put that pain in the neck chair that is always in our way out there also!:D

Reader

You may as well go for a cheaper balcony I mean what is the draw?? A bigger empty balcony??? I don't know what they are thinking:confused:

Reader

'

My husband just said this morning " I can see it now you will take that glass table out on the balcony and the room steward will put it back in the cabin"

Yep ,that will be the new game i take it out he puts it back dailey!

I'll put that pain in the neck chair that is always in our way out there also!:D

Reader

never thought about the chair. It would stay dry under the covered part of the balcony:D

never thought about the chair. It would stay dry under the covered part of the balcony:D

Why yes it would:D Sit in that chair with your feet up on new table/stool ,my other half can have the other chair and put his feet up on the new table/stool we will put the glass table in between.

Just like old times :)

Ohh I realized I will have an extra chair for company :)

This is very disappointing news. Although we sail minisuites theses days, if we ever need to book a standard balcony again, there is no reason to pay extra for Caribe deck. I really wonder what Princess was thinking on this one. How will they justify the additional charge for Caribe deck? I wonder if they have changed the minisuite furniture too.

This was the Emerald Caribe balcony 3 years ago.

I reckon someone in an office has bought a job lot of tables from a brochure without realising how small they were :eek:

The new tables are a joke :(

6840685004_8960f89a10_z.jpg

Ah..the "good ol' days"....

Another question. Now that the balcony deck is no longer covered with the wonderful mat, do the passengers on Dolphin, their cabin directly below our Caribe balcony, hear the chairs and people moving about? :(

How will they justify the additional charge for Caribe deck? I wonder if they have changed the minisuite furniture too.
With the recategorization there is no different price for Caribe over Aloha or Baja for the same fore-aft location. My guess is that is why all the furniture is now the same two chairs and a cocktail table. Minisuites furniture seems to be untouched.

Archived