Do I need to pack a clock ?

No traditional clocks.

But the time is on the telephone, as well there is an information channel on TV from the bridge that has a clock every few minutes. If we were in our room we just left that channel on muted.

If you require an alarm, as John points out above you can always request a wake up call.

THANK YOU !!

I think we'll just rely on the TV channel (forgot that most ships offer that) at night I guess it can also act as a "nightlight"

The best part is then you are always on ship time and not late getting back from port :)

Most smart phones (iPhones, Android phone, etc.) serve as pretty good clocks that you can see with the touch of a button. I keep my phone on, but in airplane mode so I don't rack up any charges, and keep it beside my bed at night to glance at during the night. It also has an alarm clock function to wake me up if I choose to do so.

Most smart phones (iPhones, Android phone, etc.) serve as pretty good clocks that you can see with the touch of a button. I keep my phone on, but in airplane mode so I don't rack up any charges, and keep it beside my bed at night to glance at during the night. It also has an alarm clock function to wake me up if I choose to do so.

We also use our iPhone for the time -- but if you leave it in airplane mode, it won't automatically update the time for any time zone changes. We were in Alaska last week, and it would update when we took it off airplane mode in the ports, but not until then. If you're in the Caribbean where you might not be turning it on, it's a little less dependable for "local" time.

We just use the "navigation " station on the TV (if for some unfathomable reason we want to know the time) We embrace the "whatever - whenever " attitude once aboard.

Patty

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

i always take a small travel clock with batteries bought for less than 10 dollars at walmart.. Only thing is even when plugged in it gains time just a few minutes aday Heres the tricky part it doesnt at home.. used it 2x on cruises gained somewhere between 3 and 8 minutes a day..

On the Star, in the 2 bedroom family suites, there is an alarm clock next to the bed in the master bedroom. It's not a digital clock, nor does it light up in any way. It's like an old fashioned desk clock (but runs on batteries) and has a very basic alarm function.

I always use my Android phone though (in airplane mode).

The wife and I both have an iPod Touch. They serve as clocks on the nightstand as well as being useful for email in ports. They also have the Sipmate app for handy deck layouts.

Ditto what everyone else said about their cell phones. We also happened to order room service everymorning (with the card the night before). They were always so gracious to call a few minutes before they arrived so that made for a great wake-up call (un-sightly for the room steward delivering the food as I'm sure I looked a wreck when I answered the door) :)

. We also happened to order room service everymorning (with the card the night before). They were always so gracious to call a few minutes before they arrived so that made for a great wake-up call (un-sightly for the room steward delivering the food as I'm sure I looked a wreck when I answered the door) :)

:D We've also used Room Service as a "back up" call when we want to make double sure we're up early.

RCI's phones have clock read-out...no alarm. All ships offer wake-up calls. We've never needed an alarm clock! On vacation, we don't really care what time it is! Hubby wears a watch, so we aren't late for dinner!

Some clocks use the AC input as a timing signal. If the AC isn't at the exact right rate, the clock will drift.

I believe that the ships AC current is 50 Hertz vs the US standard 60 Hertz

Some clocks use the AC input as a timing signal. If the AC isn't at the exact right rate, the clock will drift.

I believe most ships current is 50 cycle rather than the more familiar 60 cycle AC. I would think that a plug in clock would tend to run slower rather than faster as a result......:confused:

Better to use a battery clock, or even an old-fashioned wind up if you have one of those antiques around.:)

Edit...I just saw that bakerintn said the same thing.....

We like Logan25 bring a battery small clock that you just touch the top of it and it lites up, perfect for us when I wake up and want to know how much longer I get to have a wonderful sleep before getting up. Do not depend on the Ships TV information, believe me they do not always promptly update the change in times.

We have stayed in AFT Penthouse Suites and there is a bedside clock which you have to adjust to time changes and it is not illuminated.

We pack a clock!

It's a cheapo $10 round office wall clock, about 9" round, that I tied a string to the back of and tie it to most prominent item in cabin. It's such a pleasure to know time! It's easy to pack, and even though it takes space, it weighs nothing.

Btw, there was a night table clock in out SE suite on star. But small and unusable.

Our home clock is Like this

311SXw62vYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Sorry for the dumb question' date=' but have been cruising on Princess and Carnival lately, and they don't have ANY clocks in the room -[/size']

Does NCL usually have some sort of a clock in the room ?

(we are in a category "SF" suite)

THANKS

In our aft SF on the Star in January we had a clock in the room.

Archived