Bring my own soda

Usually they will allow a reasonable amount of soda/water get through, but their written policy is NO beverages. Depends on the port to some extent, for example the Voyager out of NOLA this past winter adherence was very strict.

From RCI's website: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard? Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard? A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

The answer today is most likely you will be allowed, but April 2013 is a ways away. I would check back closer to your sailing to see "which way the wind is blowing" then on this issue.

My past 3 cruises were on Carnival and I didn't have any problem bring drinks/water in my suitcase in Galveston. My next cruise in on RC. We'll see if I'm as lucky this time.

NOT in Galveston.

They confiscated both my water and sodas.

Putzes.

Hey, you knew it wasn't allowed and were caught. No one's fault but your own. I typically go 8-10 mpg over the speed limit on my way to work every day. If I happen to get a ticket one morning after 15 years of doing this then it's my own fault and I have to take the consequences and not bad mouth the cop who caught me.

My past 3 cruises were on Carnival and I didn't have any problem bring drinks/water in my suitcase in Galveston. My next cruise in on RC. We'll see if I'm as lucky this time.

Carnival allows us to take soft drinks, water, and even a bottle of wine. RCI does not. Now, we have taken water and soft drinks before on RCI, but it can be confiscated and (usually) returned the last night of the cruise. And don't even try to take an alcoholic drinks (including wine) on RCI.

Many have posted success stories, but rememeber the exception does not disprove the rule.

If you bring it, just be prepared it might be confiscated. If you need something specific for medical reasons and can't drink what RC offers on board, don't assume it will get through. Get a doctor's note and make sure things are in the open as another poster already suggested.

I know it's not allowed, but I'm going to give it a shot anyway. If they confiscate my 12 sodas and my bottles of water, no biggie. I'll just pack them in my suitcase like I have in the past and hope for the best. Worst case scenario, no soda for 7 days. I can live with that. :rolleyes:

Hey, you knew it wasn't allowed and were caught. No one's fault but your own. I typically go 8-10 mpg over the speed limit on my way to work every day. If I happen to get a ticket one morning after 15 years of doing this then it's my own fault and I have to take the consequences and not bad mouth the cop who caught me.

I wasn't whining, for your information.

There is one in every crowd... anyhow

We carried on three 12 packs of soda in port Canaveral. No one even asked us to open the suitcase. We carried them on in a roller suitcase.

Is it better to put them in a carry-on bag or put them in your luggage to be delivered. I may try to bring a 12 pack of soda or water on the Freedom in Feb. It it gets through, great. If not it won't be a big deal.

We sre flying into Miami then getting on the MOS on the 16th. Not sure about the rules for flying. Can I bring my sodas on board the plane, pack in luggage, or purchase when I get to Miami and put in carry on or luggage. Any suggestions. Also,we are cruising during the week. Is there a differance in crowds,activities, etc...

We sre flying into Miami then getting on the MOS on the 16th. Not sure about the rules for flying. Can I bring my sodas on board the plane, pack in luggage, or purchase when I get to Miami and put in carry on or luggage. Any suggestions. Also,we are cruising during the week. Is there a differance in crowds,activities, etc...

Hey Faber-Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Say, instead of lugging & paying to fly your bags with that heavy pop in them, a better option is just to pick up that pop at a store in Miami.

Cruising during the week should be less crowded airport & cruise terminal!

Lucky you :)

Hey Pink-I love your avitar pic!

NOT in Galveston.

They confiscated both my water and sodas.

Putzes.

Bonus points for using the word putz.:D

Why can't you recognize it's your fault and "bad mouth" RCI or the cop?:confused:

I sure as hell would do both.

Confiscation of water/soda seems to be rare

I have found that at port stops, they don't care if you bring soda back on board. I usually buy few cans that will last until the next port stop and haven't any problems in bringing them on-board. If they do get taken, then so be it, as I understand that it is against the rules.

Archived