Paper Baggage Tags

avalon1025

I see from my pre crossing packet that the luggage tags are now paper and are to be folded and stapled. So how long till they fall off? Hmmm, I never have a stapler with me at the pier.....

I don't like the new tags either. You can buy a re-usable plastic wallet to put them in which attach the the hadle of our case.

Two of ours fell off - had to recover them from a forlorn pile at the Purser's desk; we'd laminated and stapled them.

Noticed that some had laminated then punched a hole and secured them with string. This appeared more successful.

It all involves a little too much DIY for my taste.

Mary

I see from my pre crossing packet that the luggage tags are now paper and are to be folded and stapled. So how long till they fall off? Hmmm, I never have a stapler with me at the pier.....

You fold them over three times and then I used sellotape and they are fine.

The one's you get when you leave the ship are a different matter - now they are poor.

I don't like the new tags either. You can buy a re-usable plastic wallet to put them in which attach the the hadle of our case.

We have been using the reuseable plastic sleeves for several years, since Princess went to paper. They are great. I used clear packing tape before I found the sleeves. If you are staying at a hotel pre cruise there will no doubt be a stapler at the front desk.

http://www.*******************.com/luggagetags

We have been using the reuseable plastic sleeves for several years, since Princess went to paper. They are great. I used clear packing tape before I found the sleeves. If you are staying at a hotel pre cruise there will no doubt be a stapler at the front desk.

http://www.*******************.com/luggagetags

I purchased the re usable plastic sleeves from a company in CA, about $3 , have used them now for 4 cruises, they have a a hole through which I thread a tie, and attach them to the handle of the case. Works very well, very secure.

I purchased the re usable plastic sleeves from a company in CA, about $3 , have used them now for 4 cruises, they have a a hole through which I thread a tie, and attach them to the handle of the case. Works very well, very secure.

The ones from Favors by Serendipity come with a band that you thread through the top hole so that it can be attached to your luggage. I have been very p,eased with how well they have held up.

I used self-advesive folding plastic sleeves, made by Embark. They're smooth on the outside, and sticky on the inside. The paper tag sticks to the inside of the sleeve. The top of the sleeve has a hole for a lanyard to go through, and the lanyard wraps around one of the suitcase handles. Worked very well for me: never tore or broke off. Only the edges of the label got smudged a little, because it rained on embarkation day, and the suitcase sat outside for a little bit. It dried off by the time it was delivered to my cabin.

When my documents arrived recently, I was disappointed to find that Cunard has adopted the paper luggage tags. They are a bother. I use clear packing tape, a hole punch and cording to create a secure tag.

I would appreciate Cunard reinstating the use of the tags which attach easily. I can't imagine they are terribly expensive.

Although mine have never fallen off... so far... (due to masses of luck, sticky-tape and staples in equal measure) I think DIY luggage labels are the first sign to new passengers that all this "Luxury/White Star Service/Traditional/Liner" etc. is mere shallow marketing hype to lure you in.

If any of that hype was true.. then the first thing they could do would be to wow passengers with a pack sent in the post that would help set Cunard apart from mere cruise-lines (as they used to do).

Packs containing documents with travel/tour details of a quality and style of presentation that would help build the excitement... not dampen your expectations...

Dear Cunard, please supply proper, durable, sticky-backed, coloured luggage labels (as you did before).

The current versions just shout "cheap & tacky/bargain basement" to me.

Oh, and... "now we've got your money, this is just how important you are to us..." :mad: .

Our TA uses a laminated paper to print ours. So far they have been fine.

Although mine have never fallen off... so far... (due to masses of luck, sticky-tape and staples in equal measure) I think DIY luggage labels are the first sign to new passengers that all this "Luxury/White Star Service/Traditional/Liner" etc. is mere shallow marketing hype to lure you in.

If any of that hype was true.. then the first thing they could do would be to wow passengers with a pack sent in the post that would help set Cunard apart from mere cruise-lines (as they used to do).

Packs containing documents with travel/tour details of a quality and style of presentation that would help build the excitement... not dampen your expectations...

Dear Cunard, please supply proper, durable, sticky-backed, coloured luggage labels (as you did before).

The current versions just shout "cheap & tacky/bargain basement" to me.

Oh, and... "now we've got your money, this is just how important you are to us..." :mad: .

I'll second that! Sadly the days of really nice packets with documents are gone.

The ones from Favors by Serendipity come with a band that you thread through the top hole so that it can be attached to your luggage. I have been very p,eased with how well they have held up.
I bought some at the local AAA. The plastic band looks like the weak link. If the band doesn't hold up the tag falls off. I think the triple-folded paper and some staples is more sturdy.

I bought some at the local AAA. The plastic band looks like the weak link. If the band doesn't hold up the tag falls off. I think the triple-folded paper and some staples is more sturdy.

The ones I have have been used at least a dozen times and have heald up well.

Did anyone else notice on the new luggage tags: "if an individual piece of luggage exceeds 20kgs, you will be delayed at embarkation and maybe asked to remove items.....". Seriously? Tacky, my airline allows more per bag and airlines are nuts about it. Hi Cunard, im spending $1k a night in the grills, get off my back if my luggage wieghs 50 lbs. are they seriously weighing it in Southampton?

Last month, I used sticky tape along the length of the tag to reinforce it (down one of the folds), then across the width-ways fold - this was to try to stop them ripping when handled.

Then I wrapped round with 3 or 4 long pieces of tape once on the labels to attach to the case.

Didn't have a problem this (or indeed earlier times I've had to use the paper labels). (But I would so prefer proper labels:()

Take care with staples - a lady in front of me on disembarkation caught her hand on one as she grabbed a case to use the escalator. Ok, so these labels should really have been removed for disembarkation, but they hadn't been.

Also it could have been a baggage handler (I don't know what sort of protection the crew get for handling cases when moving them to your stateroom - I imagine (hope:)) those shore-side and who do the bulk of the luggage movement on ship have adequate protection :eek:)

I got the plastic cases for the paper luggage tags and they work great! Check it out!

Favors by serendipity

Those are the same that I have used over and over. I agree they are great.

Thank you for this very helpful information. I ordered the luggage tag holders to deal with the Cunard paper luggage tags.

Thank you for this very helpful information. I ordered the luggage tag holders to deal with the Cunard paper luggage tags.

These are the plastic sleeves that I use, as I have said they are re usable time and time again, so are very economical. You simply insert your Cunard tag inside, I use a different tie to that provided, I tie the sleeve to the bag with several strands of black round elastic. but that is m y choice.

I think the present Cunard document package is very tacky. Cunard is now just another cruise line.

We actually still have the leatherette cases from our cruises some years back. We still use them for cruise docs.

We have a few of these too and bring them out each time we go. We also gave one to my mum when we did a short break on the QM2 last year - she felt very important :)

Looks like the concenus is that a product called "favors" by a Company called "Serendipity" is the answer, can I be cheeky and ask does anybody have their e-mail address. I went into Google and put "Serendipity" in and got five million (well quite a lot) of addresses with "Serendipity" in it.

Thanks for any assistance. :)

Archived