CAPE LIBERTY 411 - Version 3!

megr1125

Independent Driver would be about $45. Otherwise in the $55 range for a taxi or car service. It's at the airport so it would be the usual fares charged to go to Cape Liberty.

I will stick with The Hampton this time:)......the only thing lacking

are restaurants......I think the Hilton Garden Inn has one though.

The total for The Hampton with a AAA rate is 175.00 and that includes

shuttle to the hotel from the airport and to the ship:)

Thanks!

It's a good deal. Folks like the restaurant in the Hilton Garden and you get breakfast at the HI. You have to call them about signing up for the shuttle to the ship, so plan to do that. It's an entirely difference ambiance than staying at the airport.

It's a good deal. Folks like the restaurant in the Hilton Garden and you get breakfast at the HI. You have to call them about signing up for the shuttle to the ship, so plan to do that. It's an entirely difference ambiance than staying at the airport.

Thanks....I called earlier...they told me August is not even on the

books yet.....I will follow up in early July:)....For 1 night it will be

fine.

Oh...sorry...August 3rd...arriving Saturday afternoon...sailing Sunday:)

Hi Lois R...we're on that same cruise with our kids & grandkids... 11 of us! We're driving down from Maine on Saturday, and my saintly brother & wife are letting all 11 of us crash at their house in Highland Mills, ny for the night. We'll drive down to the port Sunday morning. We can only fit 10 in two cars, so we'll have to take 3 cars.

Jane

Hi Lois R...we're on that same cruise with our kids & grandkids... 11 of us! We're driving down from Maine on Saturday, and my saintly brother & wife are letting all 11 of us crash at their house in Highland Mills, ny for the night. We'll drive down to the port Sunday morning. We can only fit 10 in two cars, so we'll have to take 3 cars.

Jane

Hi Jane,:) come chat on the roll call....it is really slow:eek:

Hi we will be driving from Boston to Bayonne on June 13th does any one know if there is any constrution going on at the parkways W Cross Parkway, which becomes Merritt Pkwy and then the Hutchinson River Pkwy (Merritt renamed in NY)

2 years ago we got stuck in traffic for hours they were repairing the bridges.

Thanks

Hi we will be driving from Boston to Bayonne on June 13th does any one know if there is any constrution going on at the parkways W Cross Parkway, which becomes Merritt Pkwy and then the Hutchinson River Pkwy (Merritt renamed in NY)

2 years ago we got stuck in traffic for hours they were repairing the bridges.

Thanks

Cross Westchester does, Hutchinson does not from Cross Westchester down to Cross County/Saw Mill

Cross Westchester does, Hutchinson does not from Cross Westchester down to Cross County/Saw Mill

There is major construction on the GWB and the Alexander Hamilton Bridge.

Last time we went to Bayonne (May 19th) all lanes of the lower level were closed. It was a Sunday morning and we didn't hit too much traffic, just about 1 mile before the bridge.

The time before that (October 6, 2012) 2 lanes of the upper level of the GWB were closed and it was a Saturday. Took us over an hour to go 7 miles. That was fun.

Does anybody know if this is a fair price for taxi service?

A sedan for 2 ppl + 2 luggage from Newark Airport to Washington Blvd. in Jersey City -- $55 base fare + tax & $5.00 toll + $11.00 gratuity = $75.

A bit high...but not totally outrageous, because taxi fares tend to be high in this area. What company are you getting the quote from.

It seems a bit high, but maybe not. What is the car service? What day of the week and what time of day is this trip? The $5 toll means they are going to use the turnpike, but that route may not be necessary depending on the time of day.

I'm not a big car service person, so maybe others can comment.

Additional info on above post: Friday at 2:00 p.m. with Newark Taxi Service. Received the quote from a gentleman named Albert. Newark Airport list $46 as base fare and I've been reading that 15% is a customary tip. So, I do agree with you 138 East that the quote is a bit high. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Edited by greenscooter

Carol, I heard that Cape Liberty charges for both first day and last day, making you pay for 13 days if you are on a 12 night cruise, for instance.

Is that true? They charge by calendar day, NOT by 24 hour period?

Carol, I heard that Cape Liberty charges for both first day and last day, making you pay for 13 days if you are on a 12 night cruise, for instance.

Is that true? They charge by calendar day, NOT by 24 hour period?

Not true. You get charged by the night. 7 night cruise (say Sunday to Sunday) is $19 x 7, or $133.

Hey all,

I live fairly close to Cape Liberty, but instead of driving, I'm thinking about taking the NJ Transit train to Newark Airport and then using ground transportation to get to the ship.

When I click the link in my reservation, it says transfers from Royal Caribbean aren't available for my sailing. Does RCCL offer transfers from Newark Airport to Cape Liberty? If not, what are my best options? I'm traveling solo, so I'm trying to keep things as cheap as possible...

Hey all,

I live fairly close to Cape Liberty, but instead of driving, I'm thinking about taking the NJ Transit train to Newark Airport and then using ground transportation to get to the ship.

When I click the link in my reservation, it says transfers from Royal Caribbean aren't available for my sailing. Does RCCL offer transfers from Newark Airport to Cape Liberty? If not, what are my best options? I'm traveling solo, so I'm trying to keep things as cheap as possible...

I've addressed your question on the separate thread you started.

Ok I need advice, I've reasd so much that I think I'm completely confused, lol.

DH and I will be be cruising on Celebrity Summit out of Bayonne on August 11th, 7 day cruise.

We will be driving up from MD. I'm trying to find the most cost effective and stress-free option for us.

Or options are either: Park at the Pier.

OR

Stay at a hotel, leave our car there, and take a shuttle/car service to the pier and back.

Which brings me to my questions:

Which nearby/trusted hotels have the stay and park option WITH shuttle to the pier?

Which nearby/trusted hotels have the stay and park option, BUT require an independent car service?

TIA!!!!!

Coming from the south the Hampton Inn on Staten Island would work well for you. The hotel has free breakfast, free parking, and a free shuttle to the port. Next door is the Hilton Garden which offers a cruise package that is more expensive and does not include breakfast. There is a $13 toll to get onto Staten Island, but if you get off the NJ turnpike at exit 10 and take the Outerbridge Crossing Bridge to Route 440, you will save some turnpike tolls and cut out the worst of the turnpike driving. You have to call the Hampton Inn to reserve a port shuttle time.

For the Newark Airport area look at Country Inns on stay123.com for $139 ($167 with taxes). Free breakfast and free parking. You can buy the port transfer for $35/pp. The budget choice would be trinityreservations.com Ramada Inn for $117 tax incl. No breakfast and you have to arrange your own transfers. The web site has the number of Independent Driver to call to arrange port transfers. They used to charge $45 for up to 4 people, but their rates are no longer posted and I'm guessing they have gone up.

I would, and have, park at the pier. It's $19 a night, paid up front. The parking lot is very convenient to the terminal and they have a nice system to load and unload your vehicle. We travel with DW's scooter and have never had an issue with he staff at Bayonne.

. The web site has the number of Independent Driver to call to arrange port transfers. They used to charge $45 for up to 4 people, but their rates are no longer posted and I'm guessing they have gone up.

FYI

Just booked with Independant Driver for this Thursday from Country Inns in Elizabeth 1-2 people is still $45 ... 3-4 people is now $55..

we also paid $26 pp on shuttle from pier and waited 45 minutes to depart to airport. What happened to the $16 pp cost quoted on this post? However we found the Staten Island Hampton Inn to be great. Staff was very helpful and hotel room was large, clean and very comfortable. Lorenzo's for dinner at the Hilton next to the Hampton was excellent. Highly recommend both. Shoesonfire