CAPE LIBERTY 411 - Version 3!

megr1125

Don't know what happened to the $16 fare. I sailed in Feb and actually went down to talk to the dispatcher to get current prices while I was waiting for my bus to arrive. I was told $16/pp to the airport and $17 to a hotel.

We'll try to check it out to see what's going on.w

we also paid $26 pp on shuttle from pier and waited 45 minutes to depart to airport. What happened to the $16 pp cost quoted on this post? However we found the Staten Island Hampton Inn to be great. Staff was very helpful and hotel room was large, clean and very comfortable. Lorenzo's for dinner at the Hilton next to the Hampton was excellent. Highly recommend both. Shoesonfire

Thanks for the post:)....I am staying at the Hampton in August and glad

to know the restaurant is good:D

Have there been any updates on Premier Parking in Bayonne.

We are thinking of cruising Summit on September 7-21. We always park at the pier but since Hurricane Sandy last year and the flooding that went on, I am leery of parking at the pier during the first 2 weeks of September.

Please don't recommend we stay at a hotel and leave our car there. My DH and I are both working right up to the trip and cannot leave the day before to stay at a hotel, etc., etc.

Just wondering if Premier had any good reviews and/or gotten their act together.

Thanks.

Anne Maria

Have there been any updates on Premier Parking in Bayonne.

We are thinking of cruising Summit on September 7-21. We always park at the pier but since Hurricane Sandy last year and the flooding that went on, I am leery of parking at the pier during the first 2 weeks of September.

Please don't recommend we stay at a hotel and leave our car there. My DH and I are both working right up to the trip and cannot leave the day before to stay at a hotel, etc., etc.

Just wondering if Premier had any good reviews and/or gotten their act together.

Thanks.

Anne Maria

What part of the pier parking got flooded? I will be traveling Sep 29 on Explorer and figured I would park near the far end of the lot (by the road coming in) away from the ship and the water.

Was the flooding down by the handicapped parking?

Mike

Edited by Motorman23

What part of the pier parking got flooded? I will be traveling Sep 29 on Explorer and figured I would park near the far end of the lot (by the road coming in) away from the ship and the water.

Was the flooding down by the handicapped parking?

Mike

Mike, Still not 100% sure how much and where it flooded. See this post/thread for more information:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38713875&postcount=31

We are staying at the Country Inns and Suites in Elizabeth. Does anybody know how far it would be to somewhere we can buy a couple bottles of wine and some water to take with us on the cruise? We are flying in and do not have access to a car so we will need to get a cab to where we need to go to. Thanks!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

We are staying at the Country Inns and Suites in Elizabeth. Does anybody know how far it would be to somewhere we can buy a couple bottles of wine and some water to take with us on the cruise? We are flying in and do not have access to a car so we will need to get a cab to where we need to go to. Thanks!

I know The Jersey Gardens Mall is right near you but I am not sure

if there is any kind of liquor store inside the mall or not.

But you can walk to the mall from the hotel:)

It's a problem. The mall does not sell liquor. The closest liquor stores are in downtown Elizabeth.

This might bean option if you arrive at terminal C - http://www.shopnewarkterminalc.com/directory-q10058-c10026-Vino_Volo.aspx

I don't know anything about them. I do know that there are no liquor stores in the airport area that anyone has been able to find. It's a frequent question that we have not been able to answer in a satisfactory way.

Does anyone know if the liquor store is still there by the port in Bayonne? I couldn't find it mentioned online when I looked.

We took the. Shuttle from the pier today to the airport. The cost was $28 pp and the driver got lost. Took us one and one half hours to go a cople of miles. How pathetic is that?

we also paid $26 pp on shuttle from pier and waited 45 minutes to depart to airport. What happened to the $16 pp cost quoted on this post? However we found the Staten Island Hampton Inn to be great. Staff was very helpful and hotel room was large, clean and very comfortable. Lorenzo's for dinner at the Hilton next to the Hampton was excellent. Highly recommend both. Shoesonfire

By any chance is the shuttle you're referring to the cruise line's bus transfer to the airport? (The price sounds like it.)

The $16 shuttle we talk about here is via mini buses that are available from the parking stalls near the end of the tent where taxis are also available.

Njhorseman - You're probably right about that. $26 is really high. I could see $17 or $18, but $26!!! sounds like a typical RCL markup.

When I cruised in Feb the Enttours bus was a little late arriving, so I walked down to the end and had a chat with the dispatcher to get an idea of current prices and what was available. My sense is that whenever a ship docks, hauling cruisers is big business for the local folks who have a hack license of some sort. Trust me - there's not much going on in Bayonne on a Sunday morning when a lot of cruises arrive and depart, so it's a great opportunity to make money on a local run.

I am curious, how do you get into the parking lot on the ship side of the terminal road? I parked there a few years ago but didn't see an entrance in December. It used to have an entrance and a place to pay just before you come up to the terminal on the right side of the road (near where the ship parks). Now they direct you to the other parking lot on the left side of the terminal road (after you drop off luggage). I wasn't planning to drop luggage before parking as I only have 1 pull behind suitcase that I was going to bring to the terminal after I parked.

Mike

Edited by Motorman23

I have read the last 10 pages and am really confused.

I am arriving EWR 6:50 PM 10/5 and departing Cape Liberty 10/6. Please recommend a hotel and transportation to port.

I am leaving on Sunday 10/13 from EWR at 1:00 PM. Please recommend transportation from port to EWR.

I am going to follow your recommendations win, lose, or draw.

Thanks,

Mike

Look at Country Inns and the Courtyard Elizabeth on Glimcher Realty Way in Elizabeth on aa.com. Country Inns is $127 and the Courtyard is $149. The Courtyard has a buffet restaurant and there is a Ruby Tuesdays and IHOP right there within walking distwnce of both hotels plus the Jersey Gardens Mall which has a food court.

If you stay at Country Inns you can call them and buy transfers for $35/pp rt. Post back if you're interested in a car service. Lots of cruisers stay in these hotels, so if you post on your roll call, you may be able to find someone to share a ride with to the port. You can always get a shared shuttle back to the airport for $16/pp.