LIVE from the Star Princess; RT SFO to Hawaii - Oct. 6th to 21st

Pia1913

Hi Pia, Once again, thanks for taking us along on your cruise. I, too, love the Motor City show. I think it's my all time favorite and I never miss it when it's playing. Glad to hear you're having a great time. I love the Hawaii cruise and look forward to doing it again soon.

See you on the Ruby for the New Year's Eve cruise. Hi to Mike! :p

Hello Pia, glad you got a good "goodie bag". If you will be in FLL a day or two before you leave on the Grand, would love to meet you. See Caribbean roll call,we leave on the same day too and maybe we can make time to meet up. Glad you are enjoying your cruise and enjoying your posts.

Mmm, chocolate shortbread. All you need is some red wine and you've got yourself a heart-healthy snack right there!
Heart healthy? Not hardly.

http://www.honolulucookie.com/NutritionalInformation.jpg

http://www.honolulucookie.com/ingredientlisting.pdf

I think Pia is making a wise choice by not opening those boxes.

I love the Honolulu Cookie Company, too. My favorites are the Kona coffee dipped in chocolate and the chocolate dipped coconut. I always bring several boxes home with me. You can order them online. I occasionally order them and give boxes out at Christmas time. Very yummy.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Thursday October 18TH and sunrise is getting later and outside temp is definitely cooler. We lost another hour of sleep last night and thankfully it’s the last one for this voyage. We know our cruise is coming to an end, since luggage tags and instructions were delivered last night. We also got the customs form which is to be handed into the purser’s desk BEFORE we get to Ensenada. Never saw this before; strange. We had an early dinner in HC so as to get back to watch Touchback on TV. Didn’t happen. Again the guide is screwed up. So, we saw Secretariat instead. And Bridesmaids too.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]All kinds of things squeezed into the Patter this morning for 10 AM Gotta’ pick and choose carefully. All at the same time is the infamous “up to 75% off sale,” Ensenada shopping show, a bridge lecture (that’s cards, not ship) and a culinary demo followed by a galley tour. Also at the same time is Breakfast at Tiffany’s on MUTS. No brainer for us. Mike needs to shop. He may not buy, but he needs to look. Early. :)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Other offerings today is a lecture “Black Holes; what is the danger to Earth”, the final art auction, Avengers movie in the theater, wine tasting and Oceans Eleven on MUTS. At 5:20 MUTS will then show the NFL 49ers vs. the Seahawks.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Tonight we will have the production show British Invasion and this one we will attend. We’ve already seen it twice on the Grand, but it’s one we really like a lot. Also tonight on MUTS is Snow White and the Huntsman and in Explorer’s games, one of which will be the Marriage Match. It’s formal night and we intend to be three for three. Perhaps we’ll get dressed on the next cruise. ;)[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Incidentally, re: next cruise. We got an email that Gavin Chandler is to be our CD on the Coral (Oct. 28th). Anything you can tell me about him? [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Time for breakfast. I can't believe you guys had a whole discussion on the cookies I am not going to eat. :eek: Seadeck, I live there.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Sayonara[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Pia1913'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I can't believe you guys had a whole discussion on the cookies I am not going to eat. :eek: Seadeck, I live there.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Sayonara[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

You have NO idea how good those dang cookies sound. On June 13th I decided I was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too fat so I started dieting. No alcohol (GAH!) and severely reduced food intake. As of today, I'm down 48 pounds. Obviously cookies aren't something I've been eating lately. :) I keep asking myself why I'm going on a cruise if I'm not eating food or drinking alcohol!

(Of course the answer to that is I'm cruising in order to take my wife to Hawaii for her birthday. A happy wife is a GOOD thing. :D)

Pia. Funny you mention Bridge Lecture(cards not ship). On a cruise a couple of years ago I went to what I thought was a lecture about the bridge of the ship and how it operates. Surprise, it was about cards and there was no way for me to sneak out, had to walk out in front of everyone. I notice that now they tell you in the patter that the bridge lecture is about cards. I guess That I wasn't the only only one that ever confused the two.

[quote name='Fairport']Pia. Funny you mention Bridge Lecture(cards not ship). On a cruise a couple of years ago I went to what I thought was a lecture about the bridge of the ship and how it operates. Surprise, it was about cards and there was no way for me to sneak out, had to walk out in front of everyone. I notice that now they tell you in the patter that the bridge lecture is about cards. I guess That I wasn't the only only one that ever confused the two.[/quote]
Same thing happened to me, only I figured it out before I went. Sure was disappointed because I had looked forward to it.

[quote name='Pia1913'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]T
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Incidentally, re: next cruise. We got an email that Gavin Chandler is to be our CD on the Coral (Oct. 28th). Anything you can tell me about him? [/SIZE][/FONT]

Hi Pia, Gavin was on the Coral for our cruise. I think he is great. He is high energy and really loves his job.

THat was our first cruise. We were relaxing outside the Wheelhouse bar after our first show on the Coral and he came up and said hello. He asked how the show was and when he learned we were first time cruisers he was very interested in what we thought of the ship and shows. His interest was genuine. Not a perfunctory "Hi Bye" kind of thing.

We had a 17 day cruise with him and it never was boring. He kept showing up all over the place. We also had some pretty good entertainment (at least as I was concerned).

His staff was great as well. I had a great time with them on the ship.

[quote name='Pia1913'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Incidentally, re: next cruise. We got an email that Gavin Chandler is to be our CD on the Coral (Oct. 28th). Anything you can tell me about him? [/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
:D [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=black]thumbs up! :D[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Fairport']Pia. Funny you mention Bridge Lecture(cards not ship). On a cruise a couple of years ago I went to what I thought was a lecture about the bridge of the ship and how it operates. Surprise, it was about cards and there was no way for me to sneak out, had to walk out in front of everyone. I notice that now they tell you in the patter that the bridge lecture is about cards. I guess That I wasn't the only only one that ever confused the two.[/QUOTE]

That is hilarious and sounds like something I would do!:o

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Here I am again, just remembering there was something I wanted to tell you, but kept forgetting. I have no idea whether or not this is already out there, but, about 10 days ago while speaking to one of the officers, he told me that Princess is instituting a new directive at the beginning of the year. Effective January 2013, corporate has stated that mandatory retirement will be at age 63 for all personnel, no matter what category, on all Princess vessels. This sounds like a step backward to “don’t trust anyone over 30.” I wonder which 25 year old airhead thought this one up. With this in place, we are shortly going to lose some wonderful captains and other upper echelon.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Guess who actually bought something at this morning’s wonderful sale? Yes, he did. A red baseball cap that says Ushuaia. It will be good for our South America cruise in January. We’ve been to Ushuaia twice previously, so good thing he waited for a bargain instead of buying one there.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I actually started to do some packing this morning too. Our one checked bag weighed in at 49.9, so not one extra thing can go in there. I do have a check list, so that will make life easier. We still need to fly twice before boarding the Coral. Fortunately our next two flights are both on Southwest, so now I can check a stuffed wheelie without extra charge and without having to lift that heavy ****** over my head.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Did something I hardly ever do; played charades. Won another 2 lanyards. Then we went to wine tasting. I drank only the Sauv; Mike did well with all the others. Gave away our little Princess shot glasses. Passed by trivia after wining, and ended up on a team. Came in 2nd. Going to have an early dinner so that we can see the first show of British Invasion at 7:15. The later it gets, the more crowded it will be. Thanks for the Gavin info.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3] See you in the morning.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Pia1913'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Here I am again, just remembering there was something I wanted to tell you, but kept forgetting. I have no idea whether or not this is already out there, but, about 10 days ago while speaking to one of the officers, he told me that Princess is instituting a new directive at the beginning of the year. Effective January 2013, corporate has stated that mandatory retirement will be at age 63 for all personnel, no matter what category, on all Princess vessels. This sounds like a step backward to “don’t trust anyone over 30.” I wonder which 25 year old airhead thought this one up. With this in place, we are shortly going to lose some wonderful captains and other upper echelon.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Guess who actually bought something at this morning’s wonderful sale? Yes, he did. A red baseball cap that says Ushuaia. It will be good for our South America cruise in January. We’ve been to Ushuaia twice previously, so good thing he waited for a bargain instead of buying one there.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I actually started to do some packing this morning too. Our one checked bag weighed in at 49.9, so not one extra thing can go in there. I do have a check list, so that will make life easier. We still need to fly twice before boarding the Coral. Fortunately our next two flights are both on Southwest, so now I can check a stuffed wheelie without extra charge and without having to lift that heavy ****** over my head.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Did something I hardly ever do; played charades. Won another 2 lanyards. Then we went to wine tasting. I drank only the Sauv; Mike did well with all the others. Gave away our little Princess shot glasses. Passed by trivia after wining, and ended up on a team. Came in 2nd. Going to have an early dinner so that we can see the first show of British Invasion at 7:15. The later it gets, the more crowded it will be. Thanks for the Gavin info.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3] See you in the morning.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]Pia;

Enjoy the show. Interested to hear your thoughts on it.....:):):)

Bob[/SIZE]

[quote name='Pia1913']

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]WELCOME to Maui.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Tonight MUTS will show [B][U]The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel[/U][/B], while the movie Prometheus will be shown in Vista. In the theater we can see Kevin Hughes, a comedian. We’ve seen Kevin previously, and will most likely go to his show again. It’s also Country and Western night in Explorer’s, so Yee Haw……….we won’t be there. [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3] :D[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Pia, cute movie, check it out if they show on cabin TV!

[quote name='coo359a2']I never leave home without my patches, dramine, sea sick wrist bands (don't know if they really work) and Gin Gins (hard ginger candy and it works for when the swells are a little more than gentle).[/quote]

[SIZE=3][B]Tina, where do you buy hard ginger candy?[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Archived