LIVE from the Star Princess; RT SFO to Hawaii - Oct. 6th to 21st

Pia1913

[quote name='Carolina Cruisers 2'][SIZE=3][B]Tina, where do you buy hard ginger candy?[/B][/SIZE]
[/quote]

Franky, this is web site and it is the Double Strength Ginger Hard Candy.

[URL]http://www.gingerpeople.com/gin-gin-candies.html[/URL]

At the top of the page is store locator. Several places in North Carolina but don't know your city. Around Birmingham you can find them at our Whole Foods and Fresh Market stores. They don't take the place of the patch or dramimine when ship is rocking a bit but for queasiness they work good for me. My friend Donna (and also Pia's) gave me one when I was feeling yucky and it did help. Now I make sure I always have some when I cruise.

[quote name='coo359a2']Franky, this is web site and it is the Double Strength Ginger Hard Candy.

At the top of the page is store locator. Several places in North Carolina but don't know your city. Around Birmingham you can find them at our Whole Foods and Fresh Market stores. They don't take the place of the patch or dramimine when ship is rocking a bit but for queasiness they work good for me. My friend Donna (and also Pia's) gave me one when I was feeling yucky and it did help. Now I make sure I always have some when I cruise.[/QUOTE]

Ginger candy is awesome! I use them anytime my stomach is uneasy whether land or sea

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Friday morning the 19th of October, skies are cloudy with the sun trying very hard to come out, and outside air is cool. Annie, I think it was you who wanted more definitive weather conditions, so all I can say is that it was wonderful in Hawaii; if you like mostly hot and humid. Temps were in the 80’s. Sea days have mostly been in lo to mid 70’s, but lots of wind. Too cold for our Florida bodies to spend outdoors. Then again, ship is sometimes colder inside than outside.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]We enjoyed British Invasion last night; this time from the 3rd row. Totally different perspective when you see those entertainers sweat! Martyn announced that the entire cast is leaving in SF, so for those reading this who are getting on this next cruise, you will have a whole new cast. After the show, we wanted to see a game show called Rich List; never heard of it. We played. We lost. We could have won first session, but ended up in 2nd. No excuses. Prize was a water bottle. Boo! Can’t they do a little better for an evening event? :rolleyes:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]We are due to arrive in Ensenada at 4:00 PM and all aboard is at 7:30. As of now we have zero intention of getting off the ship.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Some happenings this morning are:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]1. On Deck for the Cure[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]2. Lecture-”Sea turtles; nature’s most ancient relics”[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]3. Mama Mia on MUTS[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]4. Break a Leg - a look at the entertainment dept and backstage tour[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]5. Pub Lunch[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]At 1:00 PM there’s another lecture, “Stargazers Basic Astronomy Kit” and at 2:00, the movie Snow White and the Huntsman in the theater. MUTS will show The Sting at 4:30. Tonight’s main event is a magician in the theater and a mixup in Vista. The Patter shows the orchestra playing 2 sessions between 8;00 and 9:45[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]and also lists the movie The Intouchables being shown at 7:30. We’ll figure it out just in case we want to see the movie. MUTS will show Stupid, Crazy, Love. Princess Pop Star will also have their finals tonight, but too late for us.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Gym attendance has gotten less and less, much to our delight. This morning empty machines and no waiting at all. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Ed: yes, to the first and no to the 2nd. I saw him but didn't get close.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Vickie: we too enjoyed "drinking" with you. ;)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Now..........On to the next venue. Breakfast.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Shalom[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='coo359a2']Franky, this is web site and it is the Double Strength Ginger Hard Candy.

At the top of the page is store locator. Several places in North Carolina but don't know your city. Around Birmingham you can find them at our Whole Foods and Fresh Market stores. They don't take the place of the patch or dramimine when ship is rocking a bit but for queasiness they work good for me. My friend Donna (and also Pia's) gave me one when I was feeling yucky and it did help. Now I make sure I always have some when I cruise.[/quote]

That is the same company that makes the ginger chews sold in Trader Joes. I've bought them from TJ and also have ordered a larger quantity directly from the company. They are EXCELLENT! (Of course I haven't had any in a while since I've been concentrating on losing that large thing sticking out above my belt...)

[quote name='Thrak']That is the same company that makes the ginger chews sold in Trader Joes. I've bought them from TJ and also have ordered a larger quantity directly from the company. They are EXCELLENT! (Of course I haven't had any in a while since I've been concentrating on losing that large thing sticking out above my belt...)[/quote]

At home I keep mine in my traveling chest so out of sight out of tummy. :p On ship, they stay with all the meds so don't see them much. Now, for the chocolate candy on the pillow at night - that candy is never not in sight and always in the tummy.

[quote name='Pia1913'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]
After the show, we wanted to see a game show called Rich List; never heard of it. We played. We lost. We could have won first session, but ended up in 2nd. No excuses. Prize was a water bottle. Boo! Can’t they do a little better for an evening event? [/QUOTE]

Make it a bottle of wine and she wins

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Welcome to Ensenada. Sapphire Princess beat us here. I believe they are due into San Pedro tomorrow to begin their round trip 28 day cruise to Hawaii, Samoa, Tahiti and back. We did a variation of this cruise on the Sapphire 2 years ago, but ours was 33 days from Seattle to Sydney and went thru New Zealand too.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Mike and I just spent a leisurely day reading. In our cabin, at the IC with lunch and then again on deck 15 trying to find a shady chaise. Sun which was dormant in the early AM, arrived hot and strong and has stayed that way all day.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]So, we were curious, because outside our window there appeared to be major changes since the last time we were here. Last time being about 8 - 10 years ago. Only change I can see is that they built a “terminal” with assorted “shops” selling all kinds of J***, uh………[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]C***, uh…………….. stuff. I did make one small $2.00 purchase at the pharmacy. This was our quickest port stop ever. Off the ship and back on again all in 15 minutes.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Bill: I will have to explain when I'm not using Princess minutes.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Jim: Still have some wine left and will start wine time now. I know it's only 4:30, but sometimes you just have to change the rules. :D[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]See you in the morning folks.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Pia1913']
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Jim: Still have some wine left and will start wine time now. I know it's only 4:30, but sometimes you just have to change the rules. :D[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/quote]

Hey, it's 6:30 here, so no rule needs to be broken.

[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Thanks for the weather report, Pia! Those sea days temps don't sound bad to me at all -- the way people talk about the cool days over and back, I was imagining air temps in the 40s and morning frost on the deck chairs.

Meanwhile, I just realized what a cool b2b you're doing, this cruise than a Canal transit to get back home. Have I told you recently how you're my hero?
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Thrak']We have never been to Ensenada but we have no intention of disembarking there. Zero interest. The only good part about going there is that it makes the overall cruise a little bit longer. ;)[/quote]

That's what we thought until we got there. We thoroughly enjoyed it.

That is the same company that makes the ginger chews sold in Trader Joes. I've bought them from TJ and also have ordered a larger quantity directly from the company. They are EXCELLENT! (Of course I haven't had any in a while since I've been concentrating on losing that large thing sticking out above my belt...)

Thanks Tina and Thrak:)... I am driving over to Raleigh in the next couple weeks and will buy some at Whole Food or Trader Joe.

Here I am again, just remembering there was something I wanted to tell you, but kept forgetting. I have no idea whether or not this is already out there, but, about 10 days ago while speaking to one of the officers, he told me that Princess is instituting a new directive at the beginning of the year. Effective January 2013, corporate has stated that mandatory retirement will be at age 63 for all personnel, no matter what category, on all Princess vessels. This sounds like a step backward to “don’t trust anyone over 30.” I wonder which 25 year old airhead thought this one up. With this in place, we are shortly going to lose some wonderful captains and other upper echelon.

This is sad and Pia you're right. We'll all be loosing some wonderful Princess "friends" that we've know for many years.

Had a great time last night getting to know Gloria & Lew, we talked, talked and talked some more!! Your name NEVER cam up NOT :D:D:D

Boarding Caribbean Princess this morning for 3 weeks, yeah!

Archived