(A not so very) LIVE from the RUBY PRINCESS - Dec. 30th to Jan. 6th

Pia1913

Grand Turk; another Caribbean venue. Same place; different name. I thought never having been here we’d see something different. Not. It was sort of a struggle for me to walk to the shopping area, but I made it; and back. I wonder if there’s anything else to see in the town itself. Sat out on deck for a while; too windy and intermittent drizzle.

It’s wine time and I just decided to babble a bit before dinner. It also means that I have enough minutes left to burn. ;):)

To all my friends and to those CC friends whom I "know" from here, thank you so much for putting up with me and for all the kind thoughts. See you tomorrow.

Grand Turk; another Caribbean venue. Same place; different name. I thought never having been here we’d see something different. Not. It was sort of a struggle for me to walk to the shopping area, but I made it; and back. I wonder if there’s anything else to see in the town itself. Sat out on deck for a while; too windy and intermittent drizzle.

It’s wine time and I just decided to babble a bit before dinner. It also means that I have enough minutes left to burn. ;):)

To all my friends and to those CC friends whom I "know" from here, thank you so much for putting up with me and for all the kind thoughts. See you tomorrow.

Your worth it.Now don't overdo things .:)

There's not. We rented a jeep when we were there once and only kept it for about an hour. Saw the lighthouse and the wild donkeys. Besides that... Margheritaville, which is not our thing. A good day to enjoy a less crowded ship. Enjoy your wine and quiet time. :)

Sorry you have had pain, but glad you didn't overdo on Grand Turk, it is a long walk from the pier into the shopping area when you are not feeling well.

The walk was too much for me last year. Thanks for continuing your post, enjoy your last few days and hope you will be feeling much better for your next cruise. You will have many days upcoming to work out, so for now take it easy. Seadeck2

Sorry you have had pain, but glad you didn't overdo on Grand Turk, it is a long walk from the pier into the shopping area when you are not feeling well.

Huh? In Grant Turk, the pier ends in the shopping area. In fact,

the only way off the pier is through the first duty free store

"Dufry".

Happy New Year (belated a bit) to all of you - Mike & Pia, Tina & Ken and the kids & grands.

Pia - couldn't believe that 1. You'd really go:eek: and 2. You'd be bothering with a Live if you did, so just found this. You take care of yourself!!

Lots of aloha and good thoughts coming your way from us.

Huh? In Grant Turk, the pier ends in the shopping area. In fact,

the only way off the pier is through the first duty free store

It is a long pier.

Picture below only shows the part after reaching the end of the ship.

023122509PieratGrandTurkIsland101_8994_zpsad8dcc5b.jpg

Good Saturday morning all and welcome to the last day of this cruise. The sun is shining and it’s supposed to reach a high of 75.

We had the best dinner and service of the entire cruise last night, simply because we all stayed out of the dining room and went to Horizon Ct. I haven’t mentioned it but our waiter and asst. are the pits. We let it go; didn’t complain to head waiter or anyone else. Had this been a longer cruise we would have gotten out of there the 2nd night. At no time did these guys get anything straight. Every night the same. Always something missing from an order or two or three. They would start serving and then run to another table while the rest of us sat and stared at our orders sitting on the buffet getting cold. They remembered nothing. :mad:

Anyhow, went to see Gary Delena show and really liked him. He’s a very diversified showman and will appear again tonight. Also tonight is the production show Broadway Ballroom and MUTS is featuring Robot & Frank.

The “fantastic” (hahaha) up to 75% off sale is this morning. I may pass on it; Mike will go. Also today is our most traveled luncheon, followed shortly thereafter by wine tasting. And packing. Need to do that too. I’m not usually happy to see a cruise end, but this time I know it’s time to go home. All the naysayers who wanted us to cancel and thought we were crazy to go………….to them I say; See? Told you I could do it. My surgeon said I could, and in essence he had the last word.

Here I go yapping again; my fingers have a mind of their own. ;)

Catch you later.

Pia..I understand how you feel.. I had heart surgery 16 months ago to correct a congenital heart defect I never knew I had. I went from training to race against the US OLympic team members in cycling, to not being able to walk up a flight of stairs..So I took a cruise to Bermuda a week out of the hospital!! Best thing I ever did..It was the 76th cruise for my wife and me..made me feel like my old self, even though I had difficulty walking around the ship...I am fine now and am currently training to get my pro racing license back...Keep your spirits up...you will have good days and bad days...and then some horrible days thrown in too..I know I did....but time will heal you..Go to sleep with thoughts of health ,wealth, happiness, harmony and love...I actually fall sleep repeating this mantra..I am sending you good thoughts and prayers...Enjoy every day, because every day really is wonderful

You have a great attitude Pia. I agree if the doctor says it is okay, no better way to recover than on a cruise. That was me on the Hawaiin cruise, doctor said I could go as long as I did my rehab exercises and in the end I hit the gym every sea day and the swiming was really good for my shoulder.

Enjoy your last day on board at the luncheon (congrats on 2nd) and then the wine tasting... I still giggle at the wine tasting we did together. We leave in a week for the Emerald, need hot weather!!!

Hi to you both

Vickie

Just a blurb before dinner. Luncheon was wonderful; did not get to wine tasting. Drank too much wine at lunch, so didn't need the extra itty bitty drinkies. Besides which, we have more shot glasses than anyone needs.

JimandToni: thanks for the inspiration

PMelba: muster is before we sail

Still have minutes. Will try to log in again before we disembark.

Dinner is over; shows are over; suitcase is outside the door. We did it all tonight, which for us is a big deal. Dinner in the dining room, attendance at the production show and then on to Explorer’s to see comic Gary Delena again. We really are ready to go home and pretty soon repack for our upcoming 49 day cruise on the Grand.I want to thank you all for hanging in here with me on this “not so very LIVE” and promise to do better when you board with me on the 26th for our 7 week escapade from FLL to SFO with all of South America in between. We’ve done this route more than once, so hopefully I can give you some new info on the way.I also want to thank you all for your inspirational messages, your wishes and mostly for your prayers. I had a lot of those from folks who knew what was going on beforehand, and it sure worked! See y’all on the Grand. xoxoxo

Archived