(A not so very) LIVE from the RUBY PRINCESS - Dec. 30th to Jan. 6th

Pia1913

Hello from the beautiful Ruby Princess as we start our 7 day New Years cruise into Caribbean waters. The title I have used for this thread is a bit cryptic, so let me explain. My usual LIVE will not be happening and for those who follow me the explanation is simple. On the 12th of this month I had major thoracic surgery and I’m just grateful to have been able to board today. My stamina is such that I tire quickly, so this cruise will be total R & R. We most likely will do zero ports. I will drop in whenever I can and hopefully my friends Tina and Joyce and other new roll call friends will continue giving info and chatter.

Boarding was fast; Elites and Suites went first. We were segregated in the new area where refreshments were available to us. HC lunch and luggage delivered before 2 PM. We are traveling with Tina, Ken, their daughter, SIL and two teens, and we have designated early dinner in DaVinci at 5:45.

Meanwhile, here’s some pertinent stuff:

Captain: Tony Yeomans

Staff Capt: Gavin Pears

Hotel Mgr. Guenther Kopf

Cruise Director Ron Goodman

Food & Beverage Francesco Grasso

Customer Service Sandro Merello

Maitre d’ Fabio Marcotti

Our itinerary will be: Princess Cays tomorrow; New Years Eve and also formal night.

Tuesday at sea, Wednesday St. Maarten, Thursday St. Thomas (2nd formal night), Friday Grand Turk, Saturday at sea.

MUTS will be showing all the Bowls; Rose, Orange and Sugar. Production shows will be Stardust, Once Upon a Dream and Broadway Ballroom. There will be two comedians, Glenn Hirsch and Gary Delena, as well as a magician/illusionist; David Cats.

This is all I have to offer at present. Now I have to relax before muster and advise them there is no way I can put on a life jacket. See you when I can. We lose an hour of sleep tonight.

Get well soon!!! I was watching Ruby leave port on the web cam, can't beat that, first ship to leave port!! We will be boarding in a few short weeks. We will be looking forward to your posts when you are feeling up to it!

Thanks,

Steve

Hello from the beautiful Ruby Princess as we start our 7 day New Years cruise into Caribbean waters. The title I have used for this thread is a bit cryptic, so let me explain. My usual LIVE will not be happening and for those who follow me the explanation is simple. On the 12th of this month I had major thoracic surgery and I’m just grateful to have been able to board today. My stamina is such that I tire quickly, so this cruise will be total R & R. We most likely will do zero ports. I will drop in whenever I can and hopefully my friends Tina and Joyce and other new roll call friends will continue giving info and chatter.

Boarding was fast; Elites and Suites went first. We were segregated in the new area where refreshments were available to us. HC lunch and luggage delivered before 2 PM. We are traveling with Tina, Ken, their daughter, SIL and two teens, and we have designated early dinner in DaVinci at 5:45.

Meanwhile, here’s some pertinent stuff:

Captain: Tony Yeomans

Staff Capt: Gavin Pears

Hotel Mgr. Guenther Kopf

Cruise Director Ron Goodman

Food & Beverage Francesco Grasso

Customer Service Sandro Merello

Maitre d’ Fabio Marcotti

Our itinerary will be: Princess Cays tomorrow; New Years Eve and also formal night.

Tuesday at sea, Wednesday St. Maarten, Thursday St. Thomas (2nd formal night), Friday Grand Turk, Saturday at sea.

MUTS will be showing all the Bowls; Rose, Orange and Sugar. Production shows will be Stardust, Once Upon a Dream and Broadway Ballroom. There will be two comedians, Glenn Hirsch and Gary Delena, as well as a magician/illusionist; David Cats.

This is all I have to offer at present. Now I have to relax before muster and advise them there is no way I can put on a life jacket. See you when I can. We lose an hour of sleep tonight.

Hope you have a restful vacation.

All the way from where there is a LOT of snow, the warmest wishes for a wonderful cruise and a speedy recovery ! I already owe you two glasses of wine and now I will add a special toast to a healthy 2013 for you !

All the great vertues of sea air are not yet explained, but it is still one of the best things to help recover.

Well, harrumph! Here I was, all excited about this upcoming Eastern Caribbean Live, because for once, I would not be all frenvious of you, off on some fabulous exotic itinerary. And now, no real Live. Curses; foiled again. One day, victory shall be mine!

Seriously, so glad you were well enough to sail. I have you have a restful and recuperative cruise. Bon voyage and Happy New Year!

Pia, take care and have fun! We will be on the Jan 6th sailing. Were you on the a Sapphire Princess cruise a year or so ago? It was a 1- day cruise and then some of the people stayed on for a longer cruise. I was only on the 1-day cruise. If so, I think I was on a cruise with you.

Brenda

Archived