jeans in february in the bahamas

gbphatcat

is it going to be to hot to wear jeans into port in nassau, freeport etc. temps are supposed to be low 80's during the daytime feb. 28 just wondering if i will be miserable wearing jeans and should find a lighter fabric pant any suggestions

I have had family who lived in the Bahamas many years. I can say that it can be chilly there even in late February. The first time I went to Coco Cay on a cruise, I was chilly and it was late March. I needed a sweater.

It can be warm and muggy in the Bahamas in late February, but heat is not guaranteed.

Guest maddycat

I agree with most of the posters. Jeans would be fine for the ship's strong ac but on the islands it will probably be too humid for comfort. Wear shorts or very light weight slacks.

Imagine wearing jeans in your home town in the US...where I live, even in the midwest, jeans are warm to wear in the summers, where it can reach in the mid 90's with moderate humidity..

I would say, if you want to wear jeans to look for light weight denim to wear. The Bahamas are warm, and the humidity is there but there is usually a nice breeze.

I would bring jeans and light weight capris and wait to see what the weather is when you get to Nassau. I went in February and it was very cool. We all wore jeans and zip up hoodies and we were still cold with the breeze kicking up so you never know.

Archived