The NEW Celebrity Secrets thread (4/2013)

ghstudio

lol. that makes no sense to me, but okay.

1. Can you order your drinks with very little alcohol? :p

2. How do the drink packages work? Do you get a sticker on your card?

3. What happens if I order a Virgin Pina Colada? Well the bartender, take my card and apply the charge? Or will he warn me first that it is not included in my package? just curious.

Anytime I try to order a drink and tell the bartender just a teeny tiny bit of the booze, they laugh and pour what they think is a teeny amount but it always ends up tasting horrible to me. :p You do get a sticker on your card. Not sure what they do if you only have the classic non-alcoholic package and order a blended drink. I suppose it's kind of dependent on the person taking your order. I've had waiters try to charge me and bring me the receipt to sign and have had to point out that my drink is included (had the premium non-alcoholic package). Someone smart might try to steer you towards upgrading your package. ;) The price difference is $4 per day between the classic and the premium non-alcoholic.

If you have a drink package (with our without alcohol) that was prepurchased or from the 123 GO promo, you will have a designation printed on your stateroom card. The stickers are used when the package is purchased on the ship.

If your key card gets a lot of use around the ship, the pre-printed designation will wear off. I have had bar staff bring me a printed receipt for drinks that are covered on my plan. After a simple explanation and the staff verifying in the computer, the charge is reversed. If this happens frequently, I recommend to go down to guest relations and they can reprint the key card.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

We use the room service cards in the welcome booklet every morning. Ask your steward for more.

I find it easier to just order my breakfast room service on the television. It's a bit confusing since you have to specify the time twice (once int he order and once when submitting it), and when we were in Concierge last time, I had a hard time finding the freshly squeezed OJ, they had 2 different ones listed.

On our last cruise in December, they still provided an ice bucket in the stateroom and refilled it twice each day without our needing to ask.

I was recently reminded of a very nice Celebrity feature that we take for granted by a friend who went on his first Celebrity cruise.

He was pleasantly surprised to learn that Celebrity does not require passengers to stand in lines to check pool towels in and out, the way his previous cruise line did.

I'm not sure which line you're talking about there, but Royal Caribbean recently stopped keeping track of towels.

Also, I had to ask our room steward for ice on our last cruise. Once I asked, he delivered it, but only once a day. We never got a pitcher of water (although we did not ask for one).

Also, I had to ask our room steward for ice on our last cruise. Once I asked, he delivered it, but only once a day. We never got a pitcher of water (although we did not ask for one).

The water pitchers and ice buckets are no longer automatically supplied. They are available on request. You need to specify to your cabin attendant the times you would like ice. Have this conversation when you meet your cabin attendant and all will be well.

A tip for Celebrity newcomers:

When you first board a Celebrity ship and someone with a tray filled with drink glasses warmly welcomes you aboard and offers you a drink, it is free.

But then when you go up to the pool deck and someone with a tray filled with drink glasses warmly welcomes you aboard and offers you a drink, there is a charge.

Anytime they ask for your seapass card, it means there will be a charge for whatever you are getting, unless you have a package that entitles you to get it at no cost.

A tip for Celebrity newcomers:

When you first board a Celebrity ship and someone with a tray filled with drink glasses warmly welcomes you aboard and offers you a drink, it is free.

But then when you go up to the pool deck and someone with a tray filled with drink glasses warmly welcomes you aboard and offers you a drink, there is a charge.

Anytime they ask for your seapass card, it means there will be a charge for whatever you are getting, unless you have a package that entitles you to get it at no cost.

Good post. Also, at the brunch (if they still have it, see the earlier post), the fresh squeezed orange juice they are constantly offering is not free.

Was on the 3/30 sailing of the Silhouette and the brunch was discontinued as of Mid March. On the last sea day, they did have the chocolate fountain added to the normal lunch fare.

Given how they always tried to keep it a secret (not prominently listed in the daily schedule), I guess gutting rid of it entirely was the logical next step.

Given how they always tried to keep it a secret (not prominently listed in the daily schedule), I guess gutting rid of it entirely was the logical next step.
It's a shame, because we did enjoy it on our Summit cruise last October and we looking forward to it on the Silhouette. But the freshly made waffles each morning and the Molecular bar each evening more than made up for our disappointment about the brunch being eliminated.

Surely a late breakfast is really brunch anyway without perhaps the fancy bits

It's a completely different experience. I don't eat shellfish but I don't think they have the display of shrimp elsewhere at breakfast or lunch. The dessert spread was certainly different than they had elsewhere, and I don't think crepes were available. I'm sure there was other stuff as well that was not available elsewhere.

It was the fancy bits that made it special. If you were just going there for waffles or an omelet then it wasn't a big deal.

I actually didn't eat anything at brunch on our recently Silhouette cruise because I had the Ultimate dining package, and had lunch at the Lawn Club Grill the last day, followed by the Champagne Tea in Murano, both of which were included in our package. I did walk thru to check things out.

Edited by MisterBill99

This is the Secrets thread, there is a dedicated thread on the brunch:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2024716

(Summary: It seems to be discontinued on all celebrity ships from now on since there were ppl getting sick and it seemed to be spread "via the brunch".

Maitre'd told me (Eclpise sailing 22nd of March) the aboned it because of ppl getting sick. Sad but true. Let's see if they close Oceanview, too ;))

I was on the Eclipse in April and they no longer had the mini sandwiches in Cafe al Bacio. Strictly pastries and sweets. Disappointing :(

The have the little sandwiches in Oceanview when they list Afternoon Tea on your daily schedule along with scones,clotted cream, cookies. Also around 5:30 they have sushi and stir fry in Oceanview. I love these 2 "extras".

I have a question for all you Celebrity veterans out there...

I just booked my first cruise on the Silhouette in January. I also am getting the Basic Alcoholic drink package. I know the limit is $8 for an alcoholic drink, but I have heard that you can get small versions of martinis that will be covered by this?

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks!

The only 2 tini drinks that qualify for the classic pkg is the standard martini and the apple tini. Yes, they give you the small size, but you can have as many as you want!