Platinum,Elite,Suite Free drink coupons

vandalayceo

Recently completed Panama Canal, Ft. Lauderdale to L.A., with additional optional leg to Vancouver. We have been elite for some time and have been receiving the invite to the daily special lounge featuring some sort of special food item, along with a discounted priced drink of the day.

Have never attended as the last thing we need is even more food, and I prefer my pre dinner drink to be a martini at Crooners.

On this trip, and only on the L.A. to Vancouver leg we received 2 drink coupons for a free drink at this lounge, no restriction on what drink.

We did attend to use up the coupons, and had martinis like we are used to at Crooners.Noticed many others had same coupons.

Is this something new?

Oh boy, I hope so!

We are leaving this afternoon for 14 days on the Coral out of Anchorage. Would certainly like having two drink coupons for the 5 - 7 party each night. Not holding my breath, though. We're Platinum on the first seven days (our 15th Princess cruise) then moving up to Elite for the second seven. We'll report back when we get home.

Oh boy, I hope so!

We are leaving this afternoon for 14 days on the Coral out of Anchorage. Would certainly like having two drink coupons for the 5 - 7 party each night. Not holding my breath, though. We're Platinum on the first seven days (our 15th Princess cruise) then moving up to Elite for the second seven. We'll report back when we get home.

Good luck!

Don't know if it improves your chances but it was the Coral we were on.

They have started holding a party in the theater for Gold (and now Medallion?) CC members when there are too many CC members to be accommodated in two parties. I believe in the theater they are each given a drink coupon, apparently because of logistics.

We didn't have a party on our LA our YVR cruise last fall so I have no idea why the handed out the drink coupons.

Just an FYI, on our last two cruises, we were able to order any of the drinks on the Elite/Platinum lounge menu, regardless of whether or not that drink was being featured that evening, for the $5.00 price.

So if you like Cosmos or Chairman of the Board martini's, you could get those any evening, between 5:00pm-7:00pm, at the Elite/Platinum lounge. BTW, at least check out the shrimp cocktail fountain night, yummy.:D

Got those only one time when captain circle party was held in the theatre and they did not serve drinks or snacks! We had a high priced martini at Crooners...loved it!

Haven't seen the coupons since :o

• 3 weeks later...
Recently completed Panama Canal, Ft. Lauderdale to L.A., with additional optional leg to Vancouver. We have been elite for some time and have been receiving the invite to the daily special lounge featuring some sort of special food item, along with a discounted priced drink of the day.

Have never attended as the last thing we need is even more food, and I prefer my pre dinner drink to be a martini at Crooners.

On this trip, and only on the L.A. to Vancouver leg we received 2 drink coupons for a free drink at this lounge, no restriction on what drink.

We did attend to use up the coupons, and had martinis like we are used to at Crooners.Noticed many others had same coupons.

Is this something new?

We were on the same cruise. Really enjoyed getting the coupons. I only drink wine so

that is what I ordered. Very nice surprise.

Where is the event held on the Sapphire?

If you talking about the Captain Circle event that is held in Club Fusion, deck 7 aft. Sometimes held in the theatre if there are a lot of Captain Circle members.

If you mend the 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm cocktail & snack event that is in Skywalker up on deck 18. Take the aft elevator up to deck 16 and then use either the escalator or elevator up to 18.

Theo

Is this something new?

I got those same coupons, same cruise you were on. I took it as they weren't having get togethers due to it being a 3 day cruise. So they gave us a drink coupon instead.

We sailed from L.A. to Vancouver & also got the drink coupons. Assumed they "bought" us a drink since there was no Captain's Circle party for those boarding in L.A.

That makes sense since there was no Captain's Circle party... Those drink coupons made up for the lack of party...

Other than that, the only time I have heard of drink coupons is what Gold and Medallion members receive at the Captain Circle party... For the rest of us, it is the usual party!

generally it is the Circle event for gold and medallion members that is held in the theater. The circle event for Platinum and Elite members is held in the Vista Lounge and there are anywhere from two to four of those parties. Two nights, two seatings. Medallion

Archived